rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
5R7

Phoenix Point - New Game by creator of X-Com

1 hour ago, VN1X said:

This and Mutant Year Zero. :wub:

I liked the new X-COM but it was way too hard for me. Hope these new games will be a tad more forgiving. 

I had a go on this at EGX.

It was hard. Two of my guys died pretty much instantly. I was pretty drunk though.

so...this has now gone epic store exclusive...and people are a bit miffed...principally, as its written right on the fig page that it will be on steam and gog. And that well, backers are feeling like they have been mislead and used as a loan while it was in dev, until its far enough along that they could get extra funding...

I just can't be arsed with all these launchers anymore to be honest. Competition is good but not at the cost of choice. Won't be buying Rage 2 either as that's exclusive to the Bethesda launcher, which is pretty much the shittiest of them all.

Oh well, I'm saving money and time this way I suppose.

Isn't this out today? Sorely tempted I must admit. Anyone back the game when it was crowdfunding and had access to the backer builds? I'd like to hear if it stacks up to the latest xcoms.

2 hours ago, SM47 said:

Isn't this out today? Sorely tempted I must admit. Anyone back the game when it was crowdfunding and had access to the backer builds? I'd like to hear if it stacks up to the latest xcoms.

It's coming to Game Pass, if you have that. 

• Upvote 1

Well I for one am super glad this is on EpicGames because that means I got to sign up to an extra service and when I sent them my cash, I got fuck all back in return so can't even play it.

Great job.

I'm only forgiving them because of Laser Squad or I would be pulling this whole place apart.

1 minute ago, choddo said:

They sold the rights to xcom

Oh.

The second one is currently sub-£10 on PSN. I loved Enemy Unknown, so part of me wants to snap it up, but I remember it being a lot of effort towards the end, so I'm not sure if I can be bothered. Is 2 as good as UE?