rllmuk
dogsout

The Boxing Thread

It could go either way with the power wilder has, I think fury will win on points but it only takes one bomb to land.

I'm looking forward to it but I'm in France for the Wales v France game so I'm not sure I'll find anywhere top watch it. 

I thik Wilder wins, Fury doesn't have the power to finish him off, and think he needs to.

Much as it pains me, I also think Wilder beats AJ.

I think wilder would destroy AJ, Fury has the best movement out there of the heavyweights apart from maybe Usyk and he still got caught a few times,  AJ barely moves his head and I think it'd only be a matter of time before wilder takes his head off. 

• Upvote 1

FFS... I’m kind of being drawn into buying the PPV... even though it’s a sequel, it feels bigger than the first and like a properly big fight, and there hasn’t been a really big fight at heavyweight for a while (forget whatever the fuck AJ is doing since Klitschko)

I think Wilder will win due to that ridiculous right hand but... there’s always a but. I’m such a sucker.

Ring walks apparently at 4am ish. For me that means going to bed as normal, staying off line in the morning and watching a re run of it, by foul means.

He doesn't look like a big fat blob either. Probably carrying a bit round the middle but facially he looks leaner than I can remember him ever looking. Wilder coming in heavy too at 231 and still looking absolutely shredded like a middleweight whose been cutting to make the limit.   

On 20/02/2020 at 15:08, Pavey said:

Ring walks apparently at 4am ish. For me that means going to bed as normal, staying off line in the morning and watching a re run of it, by foul means.

A wiser route. If I’m struggling to sleep I’ll stick it on the wireless for some old-school fight night  vibes and save the £25 for sweets and Lego.

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, glb said:

A wiser route. If I’m struggling to sleep I’ll stick it on the wireless for some old-school fight night  vibes and save the £25 for sweets and Lego.

:lol:

For 273 Fury looks lean, I hope that he hits Wilder so hard his legs turn to trumpets. That still might not be enough to win it.

1 hour ago, glb said:

Just so you are aware, the fight radio coverage is exclusive on TalkSport and  BBC Radio Five Live are not broadcasting it.

I'm going for Wilder in 10 rounds. I don't think the extra weight will benefit Fury but I think it will benefit Wilder. Fury is very susceptible to late fight sloppiness and he has always had a habit of getting caught clumsily in the later rounds. With his increased size, I'm not sure he'll have the same energy and reflexes in the later rounds of this fight and Wilder only needs to land one clean punch.

Great match up stylistically this. Classic, technical pugilist with lack of KO power vs destructive power puncher with limited technique.

4 hours ago, grounded_dreams said:

Just so you are aware, the fight radio coverage is exclusive on TalkSport and  BBC Radio Five Live are not broadcasting it.

Ah, thanks for letting me know. That’s out then as not listening to those S*n owned twats.

Anyone super pumped? Can't not back fury but he has a big task ahead of him. Interesting how both came in a lot heavier..

Fury ko on 7. Let's go

• Upvote 6

Yeah, the weight gain must be intentional on both camps part. I think Fury might just lean on Wilder a lot early on and try to wear him down. 270lbs buys you a lot of pushing power. 

• Upvote 1

I’ve never used the BT Sport thingy, is it a one off payment to watch it live, or can you watch it on demand as well? 

I doubt I’ll wake up at 4am, so ideally would like to watch it on repeat later on Sunday, or will it be free to watch on YouTube or something afterwards and not worth paying the btsport fee?

Wilder round 4. I can't see Fury knocking him out. Fury will try and wear him out but I can't see it. Wilder's just too dangerous. 

I'd like to be wrong.

Fucking hell, I wonder if something is wrong with Wilder? He doesn't look good at all :(

That was impressive from Fury I must admit! Now Wilder knows what it's like to get clipped round the ear to mess his balence up like what happened to Joshua vs Ruiz.

Fair fucking play he did exactly what he said he was going to do. All that extra weight and change of trainer worked to perfection.

Great performance. Wilder is a one trick pony and Fury took that trick away. Not even close. 

6 minutes ago, Naysonymous said:

The boy can fight. Will there be a trilogy bout after that? 

I hope not. Tyson just walked right through him. One of the most dominant wins from a British fighter in a huge fight we have ever seen. It has to be Joshua next.

12 hours ago, skittles said:

Anyone super pumped? Can't not back fury but he has a big task ahead of him. Interesting how both came in a lot heavier..

Fury ko on 7. Let's go

16 hours ago, the_debaser said:

After rewatching the first bout last night, I think Fury should win this comfortably. 

8-)

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Orion said:

I hope not. Tyson just walked right through him. One of the most dominant wins from a British fighter in a huge fight we have ever seen. It has to be Joshua next.

Team AJ will up their offer from 80/20 to 75/25 now.  :lol: