rllmuk
dogsout

The Boxing Thread

That was some KO by Canelo.

He was probably a few rounds down on a fair judges score card and needed a KO. This being Vegas he was probably up on all 3 judges scorecards lol.

Christ he is tough as nails though. He has one hell of a chin on him. Keeps coming forward with no fear too when he is a natural middleweight. Would love to see him fight Callum Smith.

It was the Bantamweight World Boxing Series final today between Nonito Donaire vs Noaya Inoue and it is undoubtedly the fight of the year. An all time classic for sure and if there was any doubt previously, Donaire has secured his place in the Hall of Fame. Inoue could be on his way to being P4P best boxer on the planet too.

Well worth a watch if you get a chance. Chris Lloyd on commentary was great too as I usually hate Adam Smith and the Sky Box Office commentary team.

I don't blame them if they can somehow talk their way into a mega payday by baiting him, like Conor McGregor did with Mayweather. Its worth a try.

I think KSI has enough sense to stick to fighting Youtube people though. 

Can someone link me to a decent fight (if possible one that I don't know the result of) that's available for free on YouTube.

Doesn't matter what weight division, preferably within the last 10 years.

I just feel like watching some boxing.

Edit: Just seen the post above about Nonito Donaire vs Noaya Inoue. Will watch that. Any other recommendations are welcome.

Francisco Vargas vs Takashi Miura and Orlando Salido. Two nasty btb fight of the years.

Look up any Bobby Chacon or Matthew Saad Muhammad on youtube if you ever need a fix.

• Upvote 1

Retired boxer coming out of retirement shocker!

Mayweather supposedly doing something fight related in conjunction with UFC’s King Tomato Dana White next year. So probably another exhibition bout against McGregor.

Oh god I just remembered Masvidal was trying to get at Floyd not to long ago. People wouldn't be daft enough to buy a Masvidal vs Floyd boxing PPV would they ?

In the boxing PPV era of McGregor/Mayweather and Ksi/Logan Paul ok they probably would.

• Upvote 1

Like you say, no barrel-scraping will be overlooked in the pursuit of money. Suppose there is the law of diminishing returns and hopefully enough people would see through a glorified exhibition for the stunt it is but as Mayweather will generate interest for a while yet, guess he’ll milk his position as long as he can. He must owe the taxman again.

On 22/11/2019 at 17:52, Orion said:

Oh god I just remembered Masvidal was trying to get at Floyd not to long ago. People wouldn't be daft enough to buy a Masvidal vs Floyd boxing PPV would they ?

In the boxing PPV era of McGregor/Mayweather and Ksi/Logan Paul ok they probably would.

It's the beginning of the end for the UFC's golden era. Once individual fighters start becoming bigger than the organising body they are working for then they can promote their own events and it leads down a path boxing started on a couple of decades ago where the best fighters don't need to face each other anymore, so they won't.  

Regarding last night, Callum Smith won a robbery against John Ryder. Ryder will want the rematch, I dare say it pushes Smith further up the queue for the big money fight against Canelo because it now looks like less of a risk for Canelo.  

And boy can Deontay Wilder punch. Ridiculous knockout again.  

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Naysonymous said:

And boy can Deontay Wilder punch. Ridiculous knockout again.  

Completely outboxed and then jumps on the tiniest opportunity and puts him away. Crazy power.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Naysonymous said:

It's the beginning of the end for the UFC's golden era. Once individual fighters start becoming bigger than the organising body they are working for then they can promote their own events and it leads down a path boxing started on a couple of decades ago where the best fighters don't need to face each other anymore, so they won't.  

The UFC are very good/evil at locking their fighters up and controlling them. It would take a fighter at the level Conor McGregor was a few years back to set themselves up with their own promotional team and put on their own PPV's as well. He probably wanted to and probably wanted the UFC not getting a cut of his Mayweather money but they had him locked up.

TBH for alot of their fans the UFC is MMA. They could well have a WWE style stranglehold over the whole sport for decades. 

Possibly, which is why I only think it's the beginning of the end but someone is going to try and get a few big name fighters who are still in their prime on a bill together and see what happens.  It will be bad for the fan in the long term if a breakaway is successful but I think of only a matter of time, even if that timeframe is 10-20 years away yet. 

32 minutes ago, Gotters said:

I read 845 for the ring walk.

I can't bond with joshua at all and tend to always root for fat sports people, so Ruiz got my support.

I just don't like Joshua's nice guy stage managed image. Be quite happy to see him lose again. Still would love to see him vs Fury. Ruiz seems like a proper decent bloke too. 

4 hours ago, Gotters said:

I read 845 for the ring walk.

I can't bond with joshua at all and tend to always root for fat sports people, so Ruiz got my support.

Also read 8:45pm for the ring walk (00:45 local).

Think Ruiz will swarm AJ and put him out within 3. I’m also absolutely useless at predictions, so there’s that.

You can take your pick of Ruiz weight theories.

he claims the weigh in was late so he'd had 3 meals that day and gained 10lbs

weighted hat/gold chain playing cute to mess with Joshua's head

hasn't trained and eaten pies since winning the belt (or whatever the Mexican equivalent of eating pies is)

My belief is Hearn and his clever fight game advisors always known where Joshua sits in the broader HW scene, and matched him accordingly to eek as many pay days as possible out of him - he gets beaten more often than not at that elite level.