rllmuk
dogsout

The Boxing Thread

Parker has a shot at this, but he needs to catch Joshua hard in the first few rounds.

I reckon AJ has a big scare in the first or second, regains composure and takes him out in the 5th.

Still unsure why there was a timeout in the 6th... bizarre refereeing performance. Made it a drab fight, and stopped any rhythm.

Sat in a private area of a rooftop bar in Vegas with some mates watching this. Pity the fight ended up being boring.

I had it 118-111 but thought I was a little biased.

Showtime only showed the main event so I missed all the undercards. Anyone found a video of the Povetkin Price fight?

4 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

Is AJ the worst undisputed champion ever? Got to be up there. 

Deontay Wilder is WBC champion. So Joshua is not undisputed is he.

Parker needed to KO AJ to win here tbh and he never looked like it. He frustrated well though. You could see a Tyson Fury taking notes.

Please no rematch, he lost and it wasn't that entertaining. There is AJ vs Wilder, Fury, Povetkin, Whyte 2 that would be huge fights. 

Parker expected more tiring combinations from AJ with the intention of countering when he tires, but AJ sticking to a good jab and one-twos negated his opponents game plan. In fact he was still bright right to the end.

Boring to watch but exactly what he needed to do to beat Parker and safeguard his unbeaten career and add another belt. Very smart.

If he does the same with Wilder he'll get more chances to "knock him spark out" as Wilder will be reckless leaving himself vulnerable.

• Upvote 1

Rubbish fight, all the fights were shite except maybe the Price/Povetkin fight which was kinda entertaining. Good effort from Price while it lasted.