The BTCC Thread

Sureshot

3 minutes ago, ryodi said:

Just watching the replays now and it looked like he barely braked at at all. He should get at least race weekend ban for that.

It's flat out on your own in the dry with warm tyres and apparently no-one explained to him that cold tyres and 20 cars ahead of you might change that.

I'd like to hear more of this kicking him out plan.

The thing is it's not isolated, it's been constant since he joined and also they've just officially determined he lied about a mechanical failure to cover his idiocy.

The man should not have a licence and I suspect the only reason he does is there's a serious danger of losing 4 cars including the current championship leader if he throws his toys.

• 3 weeks later...

Andy Neate taking "A short sabbatical" from the BTCC, presumably to contemplate ways of being banned for a round without admitting it in public.

Jess Hawkins the replacement, which is excellent.  Although hiring a female replacement when you're not-banned as a result of taking out the BTCC's only other woman twice in 2 rounds is an interesting look.

"I've known Jess for years" "Have you aye?"

• 2 weeks later...

Jess Hawkins paying for her drive with a defence of Andy Neate.

I don't know what Andy's been getting on social media but ITV can shut up.

I don't know what he's like as a person and I don't care, he should not have a racing licence.  He's caused incident after incident after incident, virtually never admitted fault and sooner or later he's going to cause a really serious one, the one at Thruxton could have injured Jade Edwards and whatever his "feelings", I'd rather other drivers get to race without someone who after several years in the series is still making rookie mistakes.

I watched it on record last night and the fact "he gave the seat to her" absolutely wreeks. The defence of him I found very strange especially from the Jess. I really look forward to seeing more females get a seat and from what I've seen about Neat and his incidents with Jade it seems ludicrous a female attempting to defend it. 

The last round and that dive bomb was fucking atrocious and his bull shittin afterwards is unforgivable. 

I agree that the social media attacks are shite and should be condemned. 

He's literally been kicked out of the championship before.

The problem is, he's a very big part of the reason all 4 Fords can compete and given one of those was the championship leader after Thruxton they've got a problem. I have no doubt his absence was an agreement to avoid a ban.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 18/03/2021 at 17:04, Dudley said:

Wow that's a desperation signing.

He was last seen scoring 5 points in 2019 compared to his teammate's 155.

And that was Adam Morgan, the BTCC's answer to Pedro Diniz.

I just want to say I was apparently dead f'ing wrong about this, he's been super solid all year.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd missed everyone's favourite unguided missile cosplaying as a racing driver Andy Neate is missing another 2 rounds for "COVID".

Which presumably stands for "Can't avoid Other Vehicles In rounDs"

• 1 month later...

Andy Neate picks up 2 points on his licence and written reprimand for "Instigating an altercation with the father of another competitor".

It doesn't say whom but Richard Morgan, father of Adam Morgan and owner of cicely "gave evidence".

image.thumb.png.9de436cc47bf5761ee84dc5aa994685b.png

Feel free to explain to me any time why that absolute idiot has a racing licence?

• 2 weeks later...

Got tickets for Sunday (bought them early 2020). Any tips on where to stand at Donnington? That right-hand at the bottom of the hill? I was a child last time I went :) 

I’d go for Hollywood personally. You’ll get to see the first two corners and then all of the way down the Craner Curves. Most of the overtaking will actually be at the top of the circuit, but Hollywood gives you the best overall view. You can always change your position during the races. 

Yeah I tend to walk the circuits during the support races, just wanted to plan where to be for the BTCC ones :)

I'm taking a friend who's never watched BTCC, so I think we'll watch the first race at mine, so he can see the interviews/build up and get to know some of the cars/characters, then we'll aim to get there before race 2.

Yeah definitely found that Donnington has a bit of an issue in that most of the action happens in the places where you don’t have a nice view of a large section of track. Nice day for it though :) 

• 2 weeks later...