Came entirely to post that.

I don't want to leap to the obvious conclusion he didn't like being shown up by a women in race 1 and then in race 2 (and her comment about that race was awesome) when it's just as likely he didn't like being shown up a rookie in race 1 and then...

Fun fact. Andy Neate raced Jade's dad in the BTCC as well.  He retired from every single race they were in together but was considerably slower than Jim Edwards.

So what's the story with this Andy Neate guy? I floated around online and found a few old forum posts from Pistonheads by what seemed to be Ollie Jackson in about 2012 calling the guy out after a crash/collision during a race. Bit awkward that they're team mates now I suppose!

I presume he must have a shedload of cash. I also presume he must have friends in high places if he is somehow not banned for all the shit he seems to cause.

Yeah, basically it was a career of doing exactly the kind of shit you've seen the last 2 rounds.  Plus when the series was oversubscribed he paid for a drive with Dynamics then after round 1 "left the team".  You can speculate why, I don't think anyone ever said.

But having outbid others to take the car, he left them 1 short, at that point his licence was withdrawn and "Will not be restored".

He does have cash, he's one of those CEO drivers. I'm guessing Motorbase couldn't run at all without that funding this year and the series needs the cars so TOCA were rather bullied into it.  This would also be why they don't ideally want to properly throw him out again.  Complete speculation but look at how bare those cars are for a team that's had to build and run 3 new ones.

• 4 weeks later...

Turks has fucked up there. He'll get a grid penalty, miss out on a possible decent grid spot in the draw, and all because he really should have given that place back. I think that's a huge error, if he gets pulled up for it....

Colour me shocked. I'm still annoyed from when it happened the last time because Ingram was disqualified in the next race for failing a ride height check and Turkington was gifted the title. Turkington is the luckiest driver on the grid. 

Astonishingly he has been penalised in the wussiest way possible, they've just swapped the positions of him and Cammish in the race results.

But as I understand these he's still going to be carrying the extra weight and will still start race 3 behind Cammish.

So here's the sit rep

image.thumb.png.2de94e5fb5e261fe48b03280726f9652.png

There's 11 points between Ash and Colin.

So 4th gives Sutton the title if Turk wins and gets fastest lap somehow.

If Sutton retires, Turk needs 5th and then there's some sort of complicated countback because I think they both have 5 wins.

EDIT : I think Turk wins on 2nd places in that case.

You can figure out the rest yourself, but watch those bonus points.