rllmuk
Sureshot

The BTCC Thread

A mate of mine did a track day where he got driven around a lap somewhere by Turkington.

My other mate who's not interested in motorsport came out with "Who was that guy you met? Colin Cuntington or something?" and I've never been able to not call him that since :lol:

:lol: I'm sure he's a great guy he's just completely uninspiring to watch. He's the BTCC equivalent of Jenson Button, boring but effective and gets the job done. It's just a shame that he took the title last year when it really should have been Ingram who has been nowhere this year.

Jordan got taken out when avoiding a Subaru that was blocking the track in race three which means Turkington now has only a 10 point lead at the top and Dan Cammish is somehow only one point behind Jordan. Only two race weekends to go so any of those three could win it. 

It's weird Cammish could find the title by bumping along to podia and never really looking like the best car and driver.

Exactly the opposite of the way he won in Formula Ford.

Cracking first race. Turkington is clearly the best BMW driver keeping Jordan behind him comfortably. Cammish might win this championship yet if it keeps raining.

Wow what a finale. He might have lucked into it a bit last year but that was a hell of a drive from Turkington. No idea what broke on Cammish’s car and Plato has finally won another race.

1 hour ago, wev said:

Is Plato's book worth getting?

Seems to be getting good reviews so I suspect it might be.

Great value the BTCC, can't but help feel for Cammish really, it's not like Turkington needs another. His comments on the radio at the end about working harder than anyone else got a great big 'fuck off' from me. You don't finish 29 races in a 30 race season by taking short cuts........except maybe changing the brake pads? 

Pity really, but a great finale.

4 hours ago, ryodi said:

Wow what a finale. He might have lucked into it a bit last year but that was a hell of a drive from Turkington. No idea what broke on Cammish’s car and Plato has finally won another race.

We could see Cammish’s brakes glowing orange from the other side of the circuit for several laps beforehand.

What a day!! Brands is such an ace circuit, and why have I left it so long to go see BTCC live!

• Upvote 2

Yep, the only other car that was having the same kind of issue was one of the privateer focus.

And why have you waited so long???

25 minutes ago, marsh said:

And why have you waited so long???

It is weird, I've been to see F1 and FIA GT several times, DTM twice.

Actually I did go to the Birmingham Super Prix one year when I was little and I think I remember seeing Cosworths and M3s, and vaguely remember one of the drivers being Andy Rouse, so maybe I had seen BTCC in a way.

It didn't look too busy either, when you consider that it had gone 30 rounds that's quite a thing. I must go to the last round at some point.

2 minutes ago, marsh said:

It didn't look too busy either, when you consider that it had gone 30 rounds that's quite a thing. I must go to the last round at some point.

Hard for me to say as I only have for reference:

F1 - yes it was much less busy!

DTM - it was much more busy :D

There were quite a few more ratburger stands and toilet blocks than at DTM which was good.

Tom Ingram is ace.

Another great season. Going to try to get myself to Silvy or Brands next year; not seen the BTCC boys live since they supported the Champ Car race at Brands in 2003!

• Upvote 1

Tom Ingram is technically a former teammate of mine since we've both driven Race Drivers Inc entries in things.

So I'm right with you.

• Upvote 1