rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
strider

Star Wars Toy Collectors

Not sure if this is the right thread, but is there anyone here that collects the original Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars stuff? I'm working on something new for Retro Gamer and looking for someone with a sizable collection.

Thanks for all the interest guys. I managed to find a travelling exhibition of Star Wars toys called May The Toys Be With You, which is probably the best fit for this new project. Great to see so many memories here though, I do regret selling all my stuff (I had the cardboard death star and all sorts of cool gear).

• Upvote 2

I can't believe the prices that vintage stuff is fetching these days, and all these "variants" that people want, like a Boba Fett with painted knees, Han Solo painted legs etc.  None of this existed when I was collecting, it was just a boba fett or a han solo with big head or small head!!  I might hold on to my vintage carded figures so I can retire on them in years to come ;)

Did the original Slave 1 have an opening to place the Carbonite Han Solo (or is my memory terrible?)

I picked up a new version of the Slave 1 for my son (after finding a 1979 Boba Fett figure - plus a 1977 Chewbacca and one of those green pig guards from ROTJ - all for £4.50 from a charity shop. Slightly makes up for my mum giving away all my figures!) and it doesn't have an extra bay on it. I'm sure the original did...

I have a nice collection of loose figures, must post a photo of my cabinet sometime if there would be any interest. I only have around 12 figures to get the full collection.

@super_quincy, your photo of the figures shows that blue "box" droid, and reminded me that back in the day you could get figures of characters that were on screen for mere seconds.

I had a green bounty hunter and a grey, almost pipe shaped bounty hunter in my collection. Their entire screen time was most likely under 10 seconds.

5 hours ago, roberthazelby said:

@super_quincy, your photo of the figures shows that blue "box" droid, and reminded me that back in the day you could get figures of characters that were on screen for mere seconds.

I had a green bounty hunter and a grey, almost pipe shaped bounty hunter in my collection. Their entire screen time was most likely under 10 seconds.

That would be Greedo and IG-88

• Upvote 1

I think they are only £50 in Ikea, called Detolf. They seem to be the de rigeur cabinet for star wars collectors if the collecting groups Im a member of on Facebook are anything to go by.