gospvg

Star Wars Battlefront 2

Teaser Trailer (leaked) released today, more info should be out at the weekend with the celebration event.

E3 Trailer

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Vespa Alex said:

Looks like there's a single player campaign in there. Day 1 purchase for me, as I loved the first game. 

Did not play the first game because it was a multi-player only release, hoping for some gameplay reveal at the event this weekend.

LOVED the original, though stopped playing before the DLC came out, but it was great fun and captured the Star Wars atmosphere perfectly.  Really want to see a decent campaign with that engine and authenticity.

BTW, is that Maggie from TWD at 00:04??

2 hours ago, Vespa Alex said:

Looks like there's a single player campaign in there. Day 1 purchase for me, as I loved the first game. 

There is. It's made by Motive, Jade Raymond's studio.

Not sure why people are so keen for a campaign mode. Dice have consistently shown that they're incapable of creating a campaign that doesn't range from mediocre to dismal (with the possible exception of Bad Company 1). I'd rather they put all their resources to a fully fleshed out MP game, especially after EA admitted the first was rushed out the door to  hit the film's release.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, ravnaz said:

Slightly off topic, but has it "leaked" or did EA/Dice subtly release it?

Probably the latter

5 hours ago, Harsin said:

Not sure why people are so keen for a campaign mode. Dice have consistently shown that they're incapable of creating a campaign that doesn't range from mediocre to dismal (with the possible exception of Bad Company 1). I'd rather they put all their resources to a fully fleshed out MP game, especially after EA admitted the first was rushed out the door to  hit the film's release.

I'm pretty sure Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 1 have well regarded campaigns. Also, it isn't DICE making the SP for this as stated previously.

I do hope the MP has more depth to it though. I'm not expected Battlefield depth, but something more than the first one.

7 minutes ago, KriessG said:

I'm pretty Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 1 have well regarded campaigns. Also, it isn't DICE making the SP for this as stated previously.

I do hope the MP has more depth to it though. I'm not expected Battlefield depth, but something more than the first one.

So, are you attractive or not much fun to be around?

I'm hoping that they include an additional mode that plays like Battlefield, but the looks for Battlefront for those that want it. It wouldn't hurt em to include this as an option at least. The play was just a little too light for me. 

• Upvote 1

I played the original non-stop for 3 months, which is remarkable for me. Also, it was fantasy enough that the kids could actually watch, which is kinda rare for this sort of game. I did eventually get the season pass, but I'm back to being appalling without the time to get into the groove, these days.

Anyway, this sounds like a good scorpio candidate :) 

5 hours ago, Vemsie said:

There is. It's made by Motive, Jade Raymond's studio.

Oh dear, my hype levels have dropped a bit then. Mitch Dyer left IGN to work there as a writer and he's about as thick as they come: "The naked eye cannot perceive the difference between 1080 and 720 before 50in"

The trailer looks good. I actually enjoyed the first game and will go against those wishing that this goes down the Battlefield route, which is far to complex and time consuming to learn for a casual player like me. Keep it simple and with a decent single player it'll be a sale for me.

• Upvote 3

It was a bit too simple though IMO, I'm not asking it to match Battlefield but I'm thinking a couple more layers of kit would be nice. Even COD has more kit. We all know the first was rushed to meet its set in stone release date, so we shall see.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, JohnnyNolan said:

The trailer looks good. I actually enjoyed the first game and will go against those wishing that this goes down the Battlefield route, which is far to complex and time consuming to learn for a casual player like me. Keep it simple and with a decent single player it'll be a sale for me.

Game needs to be an accessible easy to learn/difficult to master type thing. I'd use Mario Kart and Overwatch as decent examples. The problem with the first one was that it had the depth of a puddle.

• Upvote 2