IGNORED

Nintendo DS Appreciation Thread

strider

On 9/23/2017 at 11:18, Alexlotl said:

I'm completely unable to say why I put 120hrs into FFTA, but never more than 8hrs into a play of FFTA2. It just didn't click.

Same here. Only nearer 300 hours into FFTA.

The PSP one was awful.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Simonfifa1 said:

Picross is a great game. I don't mind the 3D version either. I look forward to the reviews :-) I wish i could review games for a living.

It's just another job if I'm honest. You get great moments every now, but they don't come along as often as I'd like.

2 hours ago, Simonfifa1 said:

A bit off topic I know, but what would you say is your greatest career moment, and what, if anything, would beat it?

Probably getting an interview with the stampers. In terms of beating it? Probably a making of sabre wolf with the stampers :lol:

I'll be embarking on a 24 hour flight soon so I was going to dig out my DS Lite to take with me so I can finally play through some of my gaming backlog! I was going to try and pick up a copy of Pheonix Wright to take with me but I seem to remember that at certain points in the game you have to shout "Objection!", which is obviously not going to go down well on the plane! :lol: Is this actually the case? Can you get away with just pressing a button instead?

Also is it worth picking up a DSi XL? I notice they're quite cheap on eBay. Does it make the shoulder buttons more comfortable? I seem to remember Mario Kart being the cause of terrible hand cramps!

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Djx said:

No, you don't. Pretty sure that one of the face buttons can be used to trigger that objection instead.

Not for the very last one.

EDIT: Unless they changed it for the re-releases? On the Japanese original DS version, you can't.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve got Disgaea, Dragon Quest IX and Pokemon Pearl on the way for some nice Christmas gaming whilst I’m on the road this year :)

I’ve heard Disgaea is supposed to be amazing and I’ve never really played this sort of RPG before... am I in for a treat?

29 minutes ago, Mars said:

I’ve got Disgaea, Dragon Quest IX and Pokemon Pearl on the way for some nice Christmas gaming whilst I’m on the road this year :)

I’ve heard Disgaea is supposed to be amazing and I’ve never really played this sort of RPG before... am I in for a treat?

I enjoyed it. It's actually on my buy again list. They will certainly keep you busy for a while :)

2 minutes ago, Mars said:

Awesome, thank you :)  I am building up a nice little collection games!  Seems to be mostly RPGs and strategy games, such a great little machine for them!

Yup, there's a fantastic selection of games in those genres. I recommend the advance wars and fire emblem games if you don't have them already.