Nintendo DS Appreciation Thread

strider

Tingle's Balloon Fight arrived thanks to Jaromil this morning, squee! :)

Not that I was ever that good at Balloon Fight, but a Japanese exclusive Club Nintendo oddity starring Tingle, of all characters? Sign me up.

Got my birthday haul as well as a few other odds and sods.

following were presents from the wife

viewtiful joe

new super Mario bros

mario vs donkey kong

dementia

miles edgeworth ace attorney

Trauma centre 2

wordjong

Golden sun the dark age

mario and Luigi bowsers inside story.

lost in blue £11 loved this first time I played it

flash focus £3 has uk cart annoyingly

Book worm £5 great game but doesn't cater for left handed people like me :(

pac pix £3 to replace my sunfaded copy

resident evil £19 not cheap, but enjoying it so far.

Orcs and elves £7 I love dungeon crawlers so picked it up.

got another pack from the states on the way but according to usps it was delivered yesterday and currently isn't at work. I'm hoping a custom charge note is going to arrive shortly as otherwise I'm rather stuffed.

IMG_1597.JPG

On 22/08/2017 at 16:04, buizel said:

a nice reminder that there was not nearly enough DS strategy games. so so many got canned it makes me saaaad. that said these are the best ones on the system!

There were quite a few though. 

disgaea was a surprisingly decent port,

both advance wars

ff tactics R2

ff revanant wings 

fire emblem (first was shit but fan translated second one was really good)

11 hours ago, Alexlotl said:

Didn't I sell you Ace Attorney Investigations about two months ago? Or is this a US box thing again?

That copy of the EU-only Last Window must be killing you. Anyone doing repro US boxart for EU only titles?

It's the us thing again :(

last window is fine as it's the only version that exists. I can't handle having uk games when I know better spines exist. As I mentioned earlier, it's a sickness!

God stung by customs this time to the tune of £23 :(

anyhoo...

Legendary starfy £12 had the Japanese version of this. Reminded me of Kirby.

chibi robo. £11 never played it...

point blank £8 loved this when I had the uk version

viva pinata £11 to replace pal version

theresia £11 an interesting dungeon crawler I've had my eye on

trace memory £11 to replace my uk version

valkyrie profile £19 I love srpgs 

new international track and field £7 to replace uk copy

might and magic clash of heroes. £13 Adored the 360 version. So this is a no brainer

zoo keeper £5 always loved this :)

IMG_1607.JPG

6 hours ago, Unofficial Who said:

Just a heads up. If you're on the lookout for Mr Driller:Drill Spirits the euro version is the one to get as the US version had a mode removed.

I think he's after the boxes more than the games in them :)

Also, the UK Layton games have the proper names.

9 hours ago, Unofficial Who said:

Just a heads up. If you're on the lookout for Mr Driller:Drill Spirits the euro version is the one to get as the US version had a mode removed.

I'm still struggling with that one. I'm trying to decide if I want an inferior game over a lovely spine.
I'll probably buy both versions because I'm insane. :P

2 hours ago, strider said:

I'm still struggling with that one. I'm trying to decide if I want an inferior game over a lovely spine.
I'll probably buy both versions because I'm insane. :P

Dristone Mode is the best version of Mr Driller ever, IMO, so definitely go EUR on this. I'd imagine you can find a cart only version easily enough.

Was toying with buying a  Switch this week as I've exhausted my GBA and need some sofa gaming outlet while my wife's watching Netflix dreck every night. Then I remembered I still had my old black DS Lite in the drawer. Ordered Front Mission off eBay. Excitement levels: feverish.

I'm trying to remember the name of an obscure platforming game, I think it came out towards the end of the consoles lifespan.

It was about two young characters who had fallen in love and you had to help them out by drawing a line for them to run on. I think the name of the game was the names of the two characters. Something & Something, I think.

I'm pretty sure it was developed by a British team. It was pretty good but got unfairly hard towards the end.

Any ideas? It's really bugging me now.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Alexlotl said:

I'm completely unable to say why I put 120hrs into FFTA, but never more than 8hrs into a play of FFTA2. It just didn't click.

I put 225 hours into the gba original due to an injury. You can read all about it in a future issue of RG.

I loved FFTA. Put 125 hours into and completed every mission including the additional missions unlocked by linking with a friend. I could never get in FFTA2 and I've restarted it several times since it came out. For me FFTA is the kind of game I can only enjoy once and the sequel didn't have that something that made the game so addictive.