strider

Nintendo DS Appreciation Thread

I missed out on Shiren, Jeremy Parish has consistently championed that series. Sort of rogue-like with permadeath, yes?

I can heartily recommend the Etrian Odyssey titles. Fantastic first-person dungeon crawler which you map out on the bottom screen as you go, with Yuzo Koshiro's best music for years.

EO1 took over my life until I clocked it then sold it in self defence. I haven't dared go near the sequels but they're apparently even better.

F.O.E! F.O.E!

28 minutes ago, gossi the dog said:

That New Super Mario Bros is a European version in a thin US style case. You need to replace that!

Already done :P

It should turn up later this week.

I was going through my collection a while ago, and dug out these DS games that I was planning to sell at some point. All in excellent condition, complete and not fakes. If anyone is interested, fire me a PM. I'll be listing them properly soon. 

IaggEaD.jpg

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, retroed said:

I was going through my collection a while ago, and dug out these DS games that I was planning to sell at some point. All in excellent condition, complete and not fakes. If anyone is interested, fire me a PM. I'll be listing them properly soon. 

IaggEaD.jpg

PMd reference Clubhouse Games, Broken Sword and Feel the Magic

37 minutes ago, strider said:

You already have Nodame Cantabile?

On 31/05/2017 at 11:14, deKay said:

You can buy them to order on Aliexpress :(

Do you mean the game cases themselves, dekay? I'd be interested in buying at least 10 or so but have never found them for sale. Had a quick look on Aliexpress but not found them there either. Might have been using the wrong search terms tho.

1 minute ago, gizmo1990 said:

Do you mean the game cases themselves, dekay?

No, I mean the actual games. Card only, obviously, because they're pirated. Pick from a list. Same for GBA games.

Just received my first bootleg. Kirby Super Star Ultra.

Contacted the seller and asked for a suitable refund off the bundle of games I purchased.

If I saw the back I never would have purchased it as it's dodgy as fuck.

4 hours ago, strider said:

If only you'd have been happy with your PAL games. Wish I'd never shared my pictures now :(

3 minutes ago, ymaohyd said:

If only you'd have been happy with your PAL games. Wish I'd never shared my pictures now :(

Sorry dude. And don't feel bad for posting your pics. I started the thread because I wanted to share the excitement of the DS and you've been helping contribute to that. I'm more than happy to look out for stuff for you as I've said before. In fact there's a Japanese feel the magic for £7 at the moment and apparently you can switch between English and Japanese.

• Upvote 1

Was said in jest really, like you say you starting this thread is why I'm involved again :) Need clubhouse games though, a difficult one to get over here surprisingly.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ymaohyd said:

Was said in jest really, like you say you starting this thread is why I'm involved again :) Need clubhouse games though, a difficult one to get over here surprisingly.

Saw one the other day for a tenner. I think it is still on eBay.

And... here they come.

Battles of prince of Persia £4 - always loved this, surprisingly good strategy game

lego indy £4 - 'most of the Lego ds games are apparently shit, but not this one. Amazing price too.

okamiden £16 - never played it. Heard good things. Traded my pal one at cex for £20

kirby canvas curse - £16 love this game, great idea, brilliantly implemented.

kirby skweak squad £15 heard good things, although my copy appears sunfaded.

kirby mass attack £27 probably paid too much for this...

ive still only spent £81 cash :)

IMG_1310.JPG

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, gizmo1990 said:

You're ditching the chunky Euro collection then I see, good man! ;)

Yup. It was genuinely keeping me up at night. I think I'll be fine with the pal exclusives as they're the only versions that exist, but knowing I could have a thinner, sleeker, neater version was sending me nuts. It means I can't get cheap purchases from CEX going forward but sod it. Tracking down the replacements is part of the fun.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, ymaohyd said:

@carleton I'm interested in rocket slime, mega man and metroid if they're available. How much?

Balls. See, you win some you lose some :P

I'm interested in Tetris @carleton and also rocket slime if the above deal falls through.

Just realised this picture is a little older and I shifted Rocket Slime on eBay. Sorry. Megaman is on its last 6 hours on there also but with no bids and barely any interest.
How about £6 delivered each for Metroid and Tetris? Feel free to bid on Megaman on eBay or if it fails to sell £12 delivered?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Megaman-ZX-Capcom-Nintendo-DS-US-version-/322530585163?hash=item4b18522a4b:g:CwQAAOSw~FJZGyS-

Just realised I also have Mario vs. DK 2 not on the picture. £9 delivered.

29 minutes ago, carleton said:

Just realised this picture is a little older and I shifted Rocket Slime on eBay. Sorry. Megaman is on its last 6 hours on there also but with no bids and barely any interest.
How about £6 delivered each for Metroid and Tetris? Feel free to bid on Megaman on eBay or if it fails to sell £12 delivered?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Megaman-ZX-Capcom-Nintendo-DS-US-version-/322530585163?hash=item4b18522a4b:g:CwQAAOSw~FJZGyS-

Just realised I also have Mario vs. DK 2 not on the picture. £9 delivered.

Cool thanks, happy with £6 for metroid, PM me your details.