IGNORED

Batgirl The Movie

Goose

So this joins the amazing 90's Fantastic 4 movie in unreleased hell.

Perhaps, in a few years, it will leak out onto YouTube much like the FF film did.

I'm conflicted. I REALLY want the flash movie, but cmon, Ezra seems like a proper shitty person, and they don't deserve having one of the biggest movies of the last 10 years on their resume...and to be paid for it. You kinda just have to behave for a little bit, no? I think we can all excuse an actor having a bad day and/or being a bit drunk and off to the public because they're getting harassed like a bitch, then they flip, and their bad decision is then forever burned to the internet. Then you have the crazy manipulation and erratic stuff Ezra is displaying.

Batgirl/woman (sorry I missed that!). Yeah, that's doomed unless they can work out a way to make some cash out of it.

I wonder if they can do a cg replace of ezra Miller because they only seem to be going further off the rails than things calming down enough that WB are able to release the movie and hope most people have avoided all the crazy shit ezra has been caught doing, not even just rumours. 

Looks like Supergirl is next to be chopped (this one at least hasn't been filmed yet). The character is still (for now) making her debut in the cursed Flash movie.

Cancelling your two female led movies. Not a good look WB.

While looking that up, I discovered the 1973 Filipino Supergirl movie. Her origin story is a little different

A pair of sisters and a brother live in a humble abode out in a countryside barrio, subjected to constant pillaging and harassment from a group of local bandits, and during one of their raids the sister who can see is knocked unconscious. It's while she's unconscious, that she's visited by a 30 foot tall Virgin Mary, who gives her a ring that, when she kisses it, turns her into Supergirl.

So it gets worse apparently.  With it being made with the intent of mainly streaming, the cost of the project is assigned over a specified lifetime for purposes of paying taxes, at least if my puny brain is reading it right.  If they remove if from distribution, they can use the “remaining cost” which in this case is all of it, as a deductible against other taxable income, so they dont have to pay 90 million worth of taxes from their other sources.  The problem is, streaming content that’s set up this way can then be removed from distribution at any time to get a tax break on the remaining cost associated with it.  HBO have recently pulled at least 6 movies for this exact reason.

It’s probably not because it was bad, it’s probably because:

- they’d originally planned to release it direct to streaming

- they then pumped another $30 million into it

- they then decided that the cost to bring it up to scratch for a theatrical release, and put another $30-50million into marketing, was too much

- they decided that the cost of completing post production was also too much

- so they pulled the lot, because losing what they had was “cheaper” than doubling to spend and potentially not making anything back

Absolutely ridiculous decision making. Idiots, the lot of them. 

1 hour ago, Captain Kelsten said:

It’s probably not because it was bad, it’s probably because:

- they’d originally planned to release it direct to streaming

- they then pumped another $30 million into it

- they then decided that the cost to bring it up to scratch for a theatrical release, and put another $30-50million into marketing, was too much

- they decided that the cost of completing post production was also too much

- so they pulled the lot, because losing what they had was “cheaper” than doubling to spend and potentially not making anything back

Absolutely ridiculous decision making. Idiots, the lot of them. 

I mean, is it? Their sole job is to make money after all. That is done buy increasing sales revenue and reducing cost of sale. If this makes more money, or indeed lowers their costs for the year, then it's absolutely the right choice for them to make. I mean, sucks for us, but, it is a business after all. Most non nerd types wont even have realised there was a batwomangirl and supergirl coming out to even miss them.

22 hours ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Waitaminute, this film has been scrapped, and allegedly Michael Keaton's been replaced by Ben Affleck in reshoots for two other films...

I've only read about him being replaced in Aquaman 2, much to the delight of Snyder's shitty fanbase.

• 3 weeks later...