rllmuk
Lorfarius

Retro gaming magazine scan archives

There are a lot of German (including some international) ones on kultboy.com, some other German ones on kultpower.de, should anyone be interested. 

This made me head over to the Your Sinclair Rock N Roll Years site, but it looks like it's disappeared.

This has bothered me more than it perhaps should.

• Upvote 1

Would love to be able to get hold of some of the Edge specials for the Ipad. Have the lot in the loft but can't get digital copies for love nor money. Anyone know of a subscription place that offers them. Money no object (well up to about a tenner a piece I'm not a millionaire)

6 minutes ago, amc said:

Would love to be able to get hold of some of the Edge specials for the Ipad. Have the lot in the loft but can't get digital copies for love nor money. Anyone know of a subscription place that offers them. Money no object (well up to about a tenner a piece I'm not a millionaire)

Any in particular you're looking for?

Well I've been able to buy some of the newer ones from the app but the ones I'd love are any of the older ones, like the old silver hardware guide from 1996, couldn't bring myself to dismantle stuff like that to scan and having them stacked in a corner like they used to be for perusal just isn't viable anymore. Anything Dekay tbh, Equip, Retro etc. Do you know of a place that has them?

5 minutes ago, amc said:

Well I've been able to buy some of the newer ones from the app but the ones I'd love are any of the older ones, like the old silver hardware guide from 1996, couldn't bring myself to dismantle stuff like that to scan and having them stacked in a corner like they used to be for perusal just isn't viable anymore. Anything Dekay tbh, Equip, Retro etc. Do you know of a place that has them?

I have some old Edges (not uploaded because they're still purchasable in some form) but if I come across any I'll let you know!

EDIT: I have the 3DO supplement and a "leading edge hardware supplement" if you're interested?

• Upvote 1

Anyone remember a free book given away on a magazine, maybe Mean Machines, with a silver reflective cover and a black space invader on the front?  Used to have a PDF of it and can't find it for the life of me. History of games or something it was called.

I was looking for Dave Kelsall's 'Retro Computer Cabin' & Keith Ainsworth's 'Retro Ranch' from C+VG

I finally found 'Freeplay' on RetroCDN:
http://retrocdn.net/index.php?title=Special:Search&limit=20&offset=0&profile=all&search=CVG+UK+Freeplay

Issues 1 to 18 = Dave Kelsall's 'Retro Computer Cabin'
Issues 19 & 20 = Rich Leadbetter's 'Retro Ninja Reggae Dojo'
Issue 21 to 28* = Keith Ainsworth's 'Retro Ranch'

*Seems Issues 25 & 26 are missing from RetroCDN :( however

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 07/08/2017 at 16:42, HOW said:

I was looking for Dave Kelsall's 'Retro Computer Cabin' & Keith Ainsworth's 'Retro Ranch' from C+VG

I finally found 'Freeplay' on RetroCDN:
http://retrocdn.net/index.php?title=Special:Search&limit=20&offset=0&profile=all&search=CVG+UK+Freeplay

Issues 1 to 18 = Dave Kelsall's 'Retro Computer Cabin'
Issues 19 & 20 = Rich Leadbetter's 'Retro Ninja Reggae Dojo'
Issue 21 to 28* = Keith Ainsworth's 'Retro Ranch'

*Seems Issues 25 & 26 are missing from RetroCDN :( however

I have Dave Kelsall's autograph on Paul Davies business card, having won the competition in issue 4 of that.

Well that's my celebrity story.

• Upvote 1

On 27/08/2017 at 18:47, andynick said:

Kiwi's World (formerly oldgamemags.com) is another large archive with lots of UK and Aussie magazines.  I've contributed some N64 magazines there over the past couple of weeks.

Yeah been using this a lot recently - my little brothers drawing won a copy of Banjo Kazooie in a mag and I’ve been trying to find it, I was convinced it was CVG with the Drawinz wot u dun bit in the old yellow freeplay section, but using this site I’ve downloaded about 20 mags from this time  98/99 and no joy, and it doesn’t look like they gave prizes so I must have been wrong

No idea what other mag it could have been

Fascinating reading through them though, amazing how much of it you remember given its 20 years ago 

If you happen to have seen one S.Campbell's tweet this morning about a complete (but actually not complete) AP archive being on the internet "For the first time", check DeKay's page where they've been for ages. :)

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, dumpster said:

Amiga Power has been largely done by @Rev. Stuart Campbell

http://wosland.podgamer.com/28-years-later/

48 minutes ago, Dudley said:

If you happen to have seen one S.Campbell's tweet this morning about a complete (but actually not complete) AP archive being on the internet "For the first time", check DeKay's page where they've been for ages. :)

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dudley said:

I *think* DeKay's one is more complete too, although some are AMR versions.

It was. Campbell has updated his with mine.

• Upvote 1