IGNORED

Breath of the Wild PC Emulation

Mentazm

29 minutes ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

Playing BotW on switch is like driving a Ferrari with the engine of a Nissan Micra. Looks the same but runs like ass.

120 FPS UHD and played my way. Deal with it fanboy.

The other way around surely, because you’re saying the Switch version looks great but doesn’t run well, either that or it’s yet another broken car analogy. 

Also whilst I acknowledge your preference for playing it wrong with non degradable weapons, I would also respectfully suggest that the multi GOTY award winning Breath of The Wild producer Eiji Aonuma (in this case the chef) knows a bit more about the dish and how it should be served than @Opinionated Ham Scarecrowfrom RLLMUK. 

1 hour ago, El Spatula said:

Only thing I would change is removing it entirely and replace it with unique weapons that don't break like a rotten stick but require exploration to find. 

Exploration ain't great when its item 265/57906 or yet another disposable weapon. 

Agree entirely! I'm playing on Switch and have been for a couple of years now, each time I bounce off it but eventually get drawn back with the thinking that this time it'll click and I'll fall in love with it as everybody else has. 

I like it but I have very limited gaming time and worrying about resources is the worst aspect of the game, which unfortunately becomes the focus of most of my sessions.

Last night I found a shrine where I had to use status on a steel ball and whack it lots of times to fire it into a whole. Lining up the shot was a massive pain, so I burned through all of my weapons before I could solve it. The shrine even gives you a weapon for the puzzle but it breaks! 

Previous night I found a combat shrine and even though it seemed easy, I burned through all of my weapons and eventually had to give up. The same happened when I tried to complete one of the Beasts. The final boss was going well but I ran out of bows, still had plenty of arrows though!

Again, I'll be spending my next session finding weapons rather than just exploring, which is what I want to do and is the best aspect of the game. 

4 minutes ago, PeteJ said:

Agree entirely! I'm playing on Switch and have been for a couple of years now, each time I bounce off it but eventually get drawn back with the thinking that this time it'll click and I'll fall in love with it as everybody else has.  

I’ve had near enough the same experience. I picked up a Switch with this and Mario Odyssey a couple of years ago, blasted straight through the Mario story, but always had issues coming back to BOTW because of weapons breaking and all the backtracking involved. I can see it’s a great game, but if I had a beast of a PC I’d be emulating it with weapon damage off 

2 hours ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

Alright Stanley I'm just trolling you now, go and chill mate it's Sunday. Just remember though, it's only a game. It's not your waifu.

Perfectly chilled, sounds like you ain’t got much of a comeback.

What makes you think I ain’t fucking with you too? ;)

@Stanley Comeback? It's a videogame dude. I've turned a stupid feature off and made the game better and you can't deal with it because it's not the creators vision...

I genuinely hope you are fucking with me because the thought of a grown man protecting the sanctity of a videogame triggers the fuck out of me. Like get a life. Damn.

See?

Well hang on mate, you haven’t made it better you’ve just modded it to your preferences, whether you think it’s better is entirely subjective. 

And yeah I was fuckin’ with you, I don’t actually give a flying fuck, but if you’re suddenly doing to get all serious on me then perhaps you step back and take a look at yourself. 

Peace :wub:

19 hours ago, Nobuo's Organ said:

When did this get added to the graphics pack? :wub:

Cemu_nRqluBhx0j.png.8288d69191629e8b765b1c3b695e5927.png

The repacker known as "The Repack ‘Queen’ Of Pirated Games" according to at least one online article (:ph34r:) recently posted a repack which bundles the game and CEMU all preconfigured if you're looking an easy way to try it.

Would that have Switch Pro controller ready out of the box?

I've been playing this today with my old xbox 360 controller, it's kind of ok but the slightly knackered analogue sticks mean the fine control is a bit off.  Would be lovely to try it with my Switch Pro Controller, but it's packed away as I'm moving house soon.

The game looks incredible in HD at 60fps and with increased draw distances etc.  Playing with weapon degradation the way Nintendo intended, as I've honestly never had an issue with it.  I like the 'throw weapon for MASSIVE DAMAGE when it's just about to break' mechanic.

Finally got this up and running on PC, great revisiting this on PC after putting 200+ hours in it on switch. Still find myself just aimlessly wandering and exploring.

One thing though about the emulated version, Tilt Shrines can fuck right off! They are such a pain in the arse! Is there a way to cheat them on PC or some magic trick I can use? Really doing my head in!

I think the gyro controls are linked to the mouse by default, just try holding the right mouse button (I think) and moving it about. Although there's definitely one shrine where I couldn't rotate the stairs correctly with the mouse...

I remember finally getting a DS4 pad set up and discovering it was still finicky as hell and not in the slightest bit fun. It's telling there's only 4/120 shrines with gyro controls. They should've just dropped it.

14 hours ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

There should be one called FPS++

Ah yes you are correct. I'll give that a go later.

I really want to try BOTW again but now i'm at the choice of playing on switch (and being able to play handheld) or playing a vastly supioror version on my PC but not being able to ever play handheld =/

19 hours ago, Darhkwing said:

Ah yes you are correct. I'll give that a go later.

I really want to try BOTW again but now i'm at the choice of playing on switch (and being able to play handheld) or playing a vastly supioror version on my PC but not being able to ever play handheld =/

ShadowPC, connect via mobile with a Razer Kishi attachment - handheld PC (streamed over the internet). I might even give that a go myself though I am now starting to enjoy it a lot more on switch.