Breath of the Wild PC Emulation

6 minutes ago, simms said:

While I would not wish Nintendo hardware business fail and I cannot see it happening anytime soon with Switch sales rocketing.  I'm quite happy for modders to give us better looking and performing versions of Nintendo classics.  As long as users are purchasing legit copies.

I'd prefer it too if they stuck with 'classics' and not games that have only been on the market 6 months. 

19 minutes ago, simms said:

While I would not wish Nintendo hardware business fail and I cannot see it happening anytime soon with Switch sales rocketing.  I'm quite happy for modders to give us better looking and performing versions of Nintendo classics.  As long as users are purchasing legit copies.

Alot of people, especially hardcore Nintendo fans, treat Nintendo like a charity. Like we owe it to them to buy copies of games we don't like just to see them succeed, or to buy multiple copies of games purely to show their support and not actually cause the game is worth it.

Nintendo's a business, and a very profitable one. I would have more sympathy if they didn't bullshit their fans continuously with hints at games like Mother 3 and Metroid for so long - no other company gets away with such shady business practices as Nintendo does. Quite like Disney.

People put Nintendo on such a high pedestal, and I agree that with their games. But then you have people like this @Stanley character who take it personally when I make remarks like that. Does he think all the Nintendo execs are crying over my comment while they roll around in money?

23 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Fuck off.

Jesus whats wrong with you? Did I hurt your childhood. Did my words kill all the childlike dreams Iwata and Shigsy gave you, with their vision of running around a forest holding a stick? 

I'm on the very low end of the income-earning, and that's clearly the opposite of some people who are all too eager to throw cash at whatever Nintendo shits out. I can't just purchase every single things that comes my way,  I have to put consideration into it. 

Maybe Stanley thinks I have some £5000 computer that I use to pirate Nintendo games? And all my money is going to everyone except Nintendo. Well, thats the furthest from the truth.

3 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I'd prefer it too if they stuck with 'classics' and not games that have only been on the market 6 months. 

Actually classics was the wrong word, I meant Nintendo new and old masterpieces.  Perhaps selfishly, I'm actually am looking forward to seeing and playing BOTW at 60fps, greater draw distance (not keen on the artificial fog in the Switch version except were fog is intended), with extra graphical effects in the near future.  Even if Nintendo release an 4k/60 version years down the line this emulated version will still look and play better.  I have no stats to back this but the use of this emu is very niche and will have a negligible effect on sales of Switches and BOTW, may even prompt some sales rather than pure rampant piracy.

49 minutes ago, buizel said:

God it looks beautiful, makes me want Nintendo to hurry up and have their console business fail, cause we'd get a much better looking and running Zelda on PS4 (and of course play it on Vita/ any mobile phone for those saying "only Switch you can play on toilet/bus/etc", seem to forget you can play PS4 games on Vita/Android/iOS). Nintendo and their dev teams make my favourite video games of all time, I just hate how ass-backwards their hardware constantly is.

I do kinda agree with this.  I just wish Nintendo went down the dedicated console route instead of what we have with the switch, which is essentially a jack of all trades, master of none.  Which is why my Wii u will be my last Nintendo purchase, until they go back to producing a dedicated console or go multi platform.

As for BOTW running on CEMU, looks lovely.  Currently playing on Wii U and still looks great, but seeing it on emulation does get you mind ticking over what Nintendo could of done if they weren`t limited by there own hardware.

4 minutes ago, Hodge said:

I do kinda agree with this.  I just wish Nintendo went down the dedicated console route instead of what we have with the switch, which is essentially a jack of all trades, master of none.  Which is why my Wii u will be my last Nintendo purchase, until they go back to producing a dedicated console or go multi platform.

As for BOTW running on CEMU, looks lovely.  Currently playing on Wii U and still looks great, but seeing in on emulation does get you mind ticking over what Nintendo could of done if they weren`t limited by there own hardware.

I love their handhelds, but Nintendo is a company that is just stuck in the past.

And I can't trust them to make good business decisions when we have motherfucking friend codes once more. Oh, even longer ones? Fantastic. What's that - vocie chat is garbage and can't even do what the Nintendo DS was doing over a decade ago?! Coool. Good thing I can pay Nintendo once more for Metroid or Balloon Fight on the NES, hell I wasn't sick of buying it on the Wii/Wii U/3DS before, now I can pay them for that privilege on the Swi-oh wait.

I was the biggest Nintendo fanboy growing up, hating on anything Sony etc etc. But you look at a device like the PSP and how it's leaps and bounds ahead of the DS, AND the 3DS to some degree. I don't know whos to blame - is it the shareholders?

I'm not trying to be the pirate police and I'n not making accusations but I do think that if you want the privilege to play one of their properties you do kinda owe them the price of the Wii U version of BOTW at the very least.  Even a second hand copy which they may or not see money from.

19 minutes ago, buizel said:

Alot of people, especially hardcore Nintendo fans, treat Nintendo like a charity. Like we owe it to them to buy copies of games we don't like just to see them succeed, or to buy multiple copies of games purely to show their support and not actually cause the game is worth it.

Nintendo's a business, and a very profitable one. I would have more sympathy if they didn't bullshit their fans continuously with hints at games like Mother 3 and Metroid for so long - no other company gets away with such shady business practices as Nintendo does. Quite like Disney.

People put Nintendo on such a high pedestal, and I agree that with their games. But then you have people like this @Stanley character who take it personally when I make remarks like that. Does he think all the Nintendo execs are crying over my comment while they roll around in money?

Jesus whats wrong with you? Did I hurt your childhood. Did my words kill all the childlike dreams Iwata and Shigsy gave you, with their vision of running around a forest holding a stick? 

I'm on the very low end of the income-earning, and that's clearly the opposite of some people who are all too eager to throw cash at whatever Nintendo shits out. I can't just purchase every single things that comes my way,  I have to put consideration into it. 

Maybe Stanley thinks I have some £5000 computer that I use to pirate Nintendo games? And all my money is going to everyone except Nintendo. Well, thats the furthest from the truth.

Really? I'd have thought that someone of such obvious and abundant intelligence such as yourself would be coining it.

11 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Really? I'd have thought that someone of such obvious and abundant intelligence such as yourself would be coining it.

Mm, good reply. Can't think of a reasonable response so just insult them at a base level, maybe I'll send you a picture of me and you can call me retarded looking

6 minutes ago, PC Master Race said:

I cant believe people are that stupid to think that getting out of the hardware business would allow Nintendo to keep the same control and level of quality their tent pole releases offer.

Why wouldn't it? EAD Tokyo 1 have consistently made, in my eyes, perfect games - across 4 generations of consoles, and adapted to the hardware amazingly each time - Jungle Beat, Mario Galaxies, and Odyssey is a graphical delight for their respective systems.

You think if Nintendo started making games for the Playstation, Sony wouldn't give them the upmost of support? The heads of Sony and Microsoft have been pretty publicly vocal about the support of Nintendo game developers, I think they would want 'the first Mario on a Playstation' (for eg) to be a mega winner

1 minute ago, buizel said:

Why wouldn't it? EAD Tokyo 1 have consistently made, in my eyes, perfect games - across 4 generations of consoles, and adapted to the hardware. You think if Nintendo started making games for the Playstation, Sony wouldn't give them the upmost of support? The heads of Sony and Microsoft have been pretty publicly vocal about the support of Nintendo game developers, I think they would want 'the first Mario on a Playstation' (for eg) to be a mega winner

:sherlock:

Just now, PC Master Race said:

:sherlock:

I don't know what you mean?

4 generations of consoles

Gamecube - Donkey Kong JB

Wii - Mario Galaxy 

Wii U - Mario 3D World

Switch - Odyssey

Isn't that 4 generations? Maybe i used the wrong terminology.

1 hour ago, buizel said:

God it looks beautiful, makes me want Nintendo to hurry up and have their console business fail, cause we'd get a much better looking and running Zelda on PS4 (and of course play it on Vita/ any mobile phone for those saying "only Switch you can play on toilet/bus/etc", seem to forget you can play PS4 games on Vita/Android/iOS). Nintendo and their dev teams make my favourite video games of all time, I just hate how ass-backwards their hardware constantly is.

Vita, Android and iOS have nowhere near the functionality of a Switch. 

If you think a Switch is just about playing on the bog, you're wrong. You can do that with a laptop, but there's a reason no one does that. 

Switch is about loads more: 2 player out of the box, HD rumble, gyro, etc.... and about original high quality games that Switch owners are happy to pay for. 

It's not about pushing pixels.  Thank god!

4 minutes ago, buizel said:

Mm, good reply. Can't think of a reasonable response so just insult them at a base level, maybe I'll send you a picture of me and you can call me retarded looking

Why wouldn't it? EAD Tokyo 1 have consistently made, in my eyes, perfect games - across 4 generations of consoles, and adapted to the hardware amazingly each time - Jungle Beat, Mario Galaxies, and Odyssey is a graphical delight for their respective systems.

You think if Nintendo started making games for the Playstation, Sony wouldn't give them the upmost of support? The heads of Sony and Microsoft have been pretty publicly vocal about the support of Nintendo game developers, I think they would want 'the first Mario on a Playstation' (for eg) to be a mega winner

Mate, you couldn't sound more like a jaded ex Nintendo fanboy if you tried. 

Why the fuck should Nintendo make games for PlayStation, and particularly Xbox? Their current console is selling as well as PS4, often beating it, and the least said about MS the better.

3 minutes ago, buizel said:

I don't know what you mean?

4 generations of consoles

Gamecube - Donkey Kong JB

Wii - Mario Galaxy 

Wii U - Mario 3D World

Switch - Odyssey

Isn't that 4 generations? Maybe i used the wrong terminology.

Having control of the platform is what enables Nintendo to constantly release software of such quality.

Look at Sega. Their post dreamcast library is fucking shamefull if you look at what went before.

Having control of the platform is what enables Nintendo to constantly release software of such quality.

Look at Sega. Their post dreamcast library is fucking shamefull if you look at what went before.

Then how come we're in a thread about Zelda looking miles better on a platform that's not their own?

Yeah, SEGA died at Saturn for me though, NiGHTS was the last Sega game that I thought was truly special.

Just now, buizel said:

Then how come we're in a thread about Zelda looking miles better on a platform that's not their own?

Does it play better? Bet you it doesn't. Plus there will be emulation issues (as with all emulation).

Does it play better? Bet you it doesn't. Plus there will be emulation issues (as with all emulation).

I honestly don't know, my PC can't even run World of Warcraft - but from the video it seems to run at a much smoother pace than my Wii U version (yes I can't afford a Switch)

2 minutes ago, buizel said:

Because to make it playable you need a powerful PC. Right? Has anyone got it working on a sub-£300 system?

Well from the very top post on the Cemu reddit page.

Zelda BOTW, Cemu 1.11 . I have a problem. After some time of playing ( about 15-20 min ) text from dialogs and hud is dissapearing. I see only boxes without text. At weapons i see only their dmg, but not item description.And some textures of grass going weird when this starts to happen. Sorry for bad english. I didnt had this problem on 1.8. I need to restart cemu for fix. Any better solution?

Win 8.1, Gtx 960, 12 gb ram, i7 6700k

and

Cemu 1.11 Specs: Intel Core i5 4570, 16gb ram 1600mhz, GTX 970 (388.00 WHQL)

Getting some strange issues after updating to the new CEMU version(1.11). Whenever i put botw on full screen, my framerate gets locked to 30. Weirdest part is, if i set it back to windowed mode, the framerate unlocks and i can go past 30 again. I'm also getting the same issue inside shrines, where i used to get 60fps. I'm getting some other problems as well, like stutters inside towns and some graphical bugs on far away textures (not sure if i had this before).

I'm running the following graphic packs: Clarity Pack, High res Shadows, Better Reflections, No AA, FPS++, 1440p, Nvidia Smoke Fix, LWZX Crash Workaround

Cemu Settings: Full sync at GX2Draw; RDTSC, Latest Cemuhook enabled

Can anyone help me?

It goes on like this for a while.

Sounds like a much better way to play the game.

7 minutes ago, buizel said:

Yeah, SEGA died at Saturn for me though, NiGHTS was the last Sega game that I thought was truly special.

'Quality' isn't just about which has the most power, or 'better' graphics. All games are gonna look better on a suitably specced PC.

Why don't you advocate that all console manufacturers go out of business and we all move over to PC?

41 minutes ago, buizel said:

I love their handhelds, but Nintendo is a company that is just stuck in the past.

And I can't trust them to make good business decisions when we have motherfucking friend codes once more. Oh, even longer ones? Fantastic. What's that - vocie chat is garbage and can't even do what the Nintendo DS was doing over a decade ago?! Coool. Good thing I can pay Nintendo once more for Metroid or Balloon Fight on the NES, hell I wasn't sick of buying it on the Wii/Wii U/3DS before, now I can pay them for that privilege on the Swi-oh wait.

I was the biggest Nintendo fanboy growing up, hating on anything Sony etc etc. But you look at a device like the PSP and how it's leaps and bounds ahead of the DS, AND the 3DS to some degree. I don't know whos to blame - is it the shareholders?

This is a load of nonsense. 

3 minutes ago, Barnard said:

This is a load of nonsense. 

Is it? Friend Codes being criticized, lazy Virtual Console and Online implementation are pretty common things that people are vocally displeased about Nintendo things.

Looks like I stepped into the wrong neighborhood where sensible discussion took a sharp left hours ago.

For fuck sake, it's the same conversation we had at the start of the thread, ad nauseum. If you don't want to play emulated games, dont download emulators. It's hardly like it'll happen by accident anyway.

This thread could be a decent place for people playing on PC to discuss different graphics mods, various aspects of the pc version, etc.

Let's not have the 'is it ethical?' 'emulators are rubbish' 'you're stealing from Nintendo!' conversation we've had a million times before. 

This is hellish:

Just now, buizel said:

Is it? Friend Codes being criticized, lazy Virtual Console and Online implementation are pretty common things that people are vocally displeased about Nintendo things.

Looks like I stepped into the wrong neighborhood where sensible discussion took a sharp left hours ago.

Yes friends codes are definitely the only part of what you said that could be considered nonsense :rolleyes:

35 minutes ago, Stanley said:

How exactly?

You waltzed in here with an agenda, as anyone can tell from your first post after today's bump:

5 hours ago, Stanley said:

Great for pirates I guess.

That adds a lot to the topic doesn't it? No, but it does lead the conversation towards the same old boring stuff discussed earlier in the thread as Isaac says. Emulation is a very interesting topic and it's amazing to see what can be done with one of the best games ever made. Go and make your "piracy is bad mmmkay?' topic if you insist, but don't spoil this one.