Mentazm

Breath of the Wild PC Emulation

I can't afford a switch yet so I'm playing this emulated on my PC with Cemu and it actually runs well and looks great. Mostly getting 30fps. Playing with my 360 pad. I finally feel like I'm in the future.

Anyone else yet?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 45

13 minutes ago, Mentazm said:

I can't afford a switch yet so I'm playing this emulated on my PC with Cemu and it actually runs well and looks great. Mostly getting 30fps. Playing with my 360 pad. I finally feel like I'm in the future.

Anyone else yet?

I'm playing on the wii u but I'm definitely going to check this out. Assuming you mean Breath *of* the Wild of course and that we aren't talking about two completely different games! 

Also, shouldn't this be in the Retro folder?

Would also like to know your specs, but am expected to be knocked away with 600GB Ram, 7.7GHZ overclocked to 13.7THz and nVidea 6TB graphics card

2 minutes ago, Gizamaluke said:

Emulation isn't piracy, it's software preservation.

So true, if he was like "WHERE TO FIND ZELDA ROM LEMME KNO" maybe, but emulation allows this:

maxresdefault.jpg

3 hours ago, Mentazm said:

Anyone else yet?

Googling around a bit, it seems you need Cemu 1.7.4?  But that isn't available to download yet? I'm guessing you need to be a patreon supporter or something? 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Googling around a bit, it seems you need Cemu 1.7.4?  But that isn't available to download yet? I'm guessing you need to be a patreon supporter or something? 

Pay2Pirate lol

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Patreon guys only get it a week early - then general release. So if it isn't out yet - will be in a few days.

I personally wouldn't want to play a game like Zelda on emu yet - while the game would greatly benefit from higher resolutions to deal with the heavy aliasing and shimmering on both systems and a more stable framerate (which on wii u in the villages struggles to hit 20fps at times) - given the reliance on physics and being a long game I imagine the potential for bugs or glitches is still pretty high?

Also no boring piracy talk when it comes to emulation. Emulation is emulation - piracy is piracy, they can crossover but doesn't mean that they necessarily do. Although Mentazm has basically admitted to pirating it lol

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, PC Master Race said:

Pay2Pirate lol

I already paid! Full price on day one and it's totally worth it. Main reasons for doing this would be curiosity - seeing how Wii U emulation is coming along - and playing it with a Xbox controller - I don't really like the Wii U pro controller. But I don't know if I can bothered starting from scratch tho

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Mr. Gerbik said:

I already paid! Full price on day one and it's totally worth it. Main reasons for doing this would be curiosity - seeing how Wii U emulation is coming along - and playing it with a Xbox controller - I don't really like the Wii U pro controller. But I don't know if I csn bothered starting from scratch tho

Aye, but you know most people waiting for this are not going to pay, and arguments about Emulation being archiving can fuck right off when you are talking about a game released to retail a few weeks ago.

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, Uzi said:

Patreon guys only get it a week early - then general release. So if it isn't out yet - will be in a few days.

I personally wouldn't want to play a game like Zelda on emu yet - while the game would greatly benefit from higher resolutions to deal with the heavy aliasing and shimmering on both systems and a more stable framerate (which on wii u in the villages struggles to hit 20fps at times) - given the reliance on physics and being a long game I imagine the potential for bugs or glitches is still pretty high?

Also no boring piracy talk when it comes to emulation. Emulation is emulation - piracy is piracy, they can crossover but doesn't mean that they necessarily do.

Cheers for the reply. Usually @PC Master Race is very helpful but right now he's letting the team down :(

Like I said, I'm mostly curious to see how it runs, I'm not expecting Dolphin-level performance yet. That would be great though, because the art direction in BotW is beautiful - it would greatly benefit from some AA in combination with higher resolution. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, PC Master Race said:

Aye, but you know most people waiting for this are not going to pay, and arguments about Emulation being archiving can fuck right off when you are talking about a game released to retail a few weeks ago.

Emulation in terms of Zelda Wii U, yes its very sketchy, but you gotta imagine the people who are emulating it probably have beefed up PC's that cost loads of money, so they could afford to buy it/may have already (and could have ripped it), but like to try and get it running on a 4K setup or something.

2 minutes ago, PC Master Race said:

Sure, but I'm not responsible for what other people do. I'm the kind of person who started playing the Atlus SMT rpg's on PS2 through PCSX2 and liked them so much that I ordered and bought original copies for all of them. Maybe that makes me naive, but it's not out of some kind of principle but because I really love this hobby of ours. And emulation can greatly enhance our favourite classics, so yay for emulation! 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, buizel said:

Emulation in terms of Zelda Wii U, yes its very sketchy, but you gotta imagine the people who are emulating it probably have beefed up PC's that cost loads of money, so they could afford to buy it/may have already (and could have ripped it), but like to try and get it running on a 4K setup or something.

Keep telling yourself that, it still wont be true.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, PC Master Race said:

Keep telling yourself that, it still wont be true.

Keep telling myself what? That people with beefy PC's legally own the things they emulate?

I'm not 'telling myself' that, I just imagine, since I don't emulate stuff like Wii/Wii U or whatever ( since my MacBook is from 2006), I'd just assume these people do, of course I may be wrong, but I imagine thats what happens.

Are you talking form the perspective of someone who does own a beefy PC but doesn't pay for software?