IGNORED

Call of Duty WWII

Nespresso

cod-wwii-logo.png

by Sledgehammer Games

Official Site | twitter | Steam | PS4 | XB1

Release date: November 3, 2017

ABOUT

Call of Duty returns to its roots with Call of Duty: WWII - a breathtaking experience that redefines World War II for a new gaming generation. Land in Normandy on D-Day and battle across Europe through iconic locations in history’s most monumental war. Experience classic Call of Duty combat, the bonds of camaraderie, and the unforgiving nature of war against a global power throwing the world into tyranny.

Call of Duty: WWII creates the definitive World War II next generation experience across three different game modes: Campaign, Multiplayer, and Co-Operative. Featuring stunning visuals, the Campaign transports players to the European theater as they engage in an all-new Call of Duty story set in iconic World War II battles. Multiplayer marks a return to original, boots-on-the ground Call of Duty gameplay. Authentic weapons and traditional run-and-gun action immerse you in a vast array of World War II-themed locations. The Co-Operative mode unleashes a new and original story in a standalone game experience full of unexpected, adrenaline-pumping moments.

kh58nPc.jpg

IMAGES

Spoiler

fHcJJWQ.jpg

1tgwQTY.jpg

xR4EuT8.jpg

vdWw2J8.jpg

WRLvtn9.jpg

p32DAUi.png

VIDEOS

Spoiler

Carentan pls.

previous OP

Spoiler

JTE2hv1.jpg

Poor Sledgehammer games. No more Advanced Warfare trilogy for them I suppose (but that was to be expected really).

As always I'll be interested to see what comes next from these teams. AW was solid overall but didn't do much for me in the end, BO3's singleplayer was absolute trash but I put in about 400 hours into its multiplayer, and Infinite Warfare had a really solid sp campaign but the mp portion lacked focus and was pretty much a copypasta of BO3 without bringing anything new or exciting to the table. It doesn't have to reinvent the wheel every year but god that was some bland and cookie cutter stuff.

I wonder if they can still turn this behemoth around after all of the negative reception of the past few titles. Give me CoD1 (Carentan hype!) and I'll be there day one though. 

'Go on Bobby, tell 'em about the joke about the Mau-Mau'.

article-2336418-0B84CC4D00000578-303_634x407.jpg

"YOU KNOW I'VE GOT THIS GUN!?!?"*

*Well,  I say gun but it's actually a bubblegum pink camo for a gun you've already unlocked, locked behind a in-game micro transaction for £1.69"

They should make a Call of Duty game based on the community's suggestions, so that the single-player game would consist of a load of sexy womens in skimpy body armour covered in weed leaves doing a Normandy beach landing-style assault on Nuketown.

IW has a 'boots on the ground' mode. Having played it earlier, I think it's inferior to the normal game. Slower, campier.

I'm not really sure why having less movement is considered a good thing anymore unless you're the kind of player who sits in a corner and waits for enemies to come through a door - which, in fairness, does account for a lot of COD fans.

I would be very surprised if there are any roots worth going back to at this point. Pretty much everywhere they are willing to take this franchise has probably been explored and short of a massive overhaul (that game is called Titanfall 2, by the way) nothing is going to get COD feeling truly fresh again.

• 1 month later...

Leaked title and art, see vid from Ali-A below, and it comes from a reliable redditor who leaked IW roughly this time last year. It makes sense to me, as the expected response to the hate that was poured onto IW, and it was an open secret that everyone had reached their limit with the futuristic settings. I personally see this coming out and doing well, answering the critics and demand for the boots on the ground gameplay, while paving the way for the Treyarch developed Black Ops 4 in 2018.

I wouldn't even be all that surprised if the Black Ops name actually took over the brand, as it's clearly the fan favourite at this point, and would be a handy fake reboot for the series. Like a lot of the fanbase seems to have done, I'm also back on BO3 myself. Anyway, here it is.