Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri - Frances McDormand breaking balls

• 1 year later...

My wife’s rewatching this, and given the BLM protests in the USA, having the only black characters in the cast be there in order to show how racist the heroic racist cop is really highlight how utterly tone deaf this film is when it comes to race.

You did originally and then soured on it.

I just read back on some stuff and I had agreed with you that Rockwells character wouldn't have got away with what he did but recent months lead me to believe that he 100% would have. They protect their own.

Also not sure why people complained about Woodys character having a young wife. It happens. My father-in-law is married to a woman the same age as me.

On 26/07/2020 at 21:12, Stigweard said:

You did originally and then soured on it.

I just read back on some stuff and I had agreed with you that Rockwells character wouldn't have got away with what he did but recent months lead me to believe that he 100% would have. They protect their own.

Also not sure why people complained about Woodys character having a young wife. It happens. My father-in-law is married to a woman the same age as me.

Yeah I remember now. Lots of funny and shocking moments so its a wild ride, but then afterwards it left a sour taste. Quite manipulative... "I hope you get raped!"

3 hours ago, kerraig UK said:

Yeah I remember now. Lots of funny and shocking moments so its a wild ride, but then afterwards it left a sour taste. Quite manipulative... "I hope you get raped!"

Yeah that line is just too on the nose for shock value isn't it