Playerunknown's Battlegrounds - Add your tag to the list in the OP

Padaxes

On 18/11/2018 at 14:37, Rob Rule said:

I've been learning the revolver. Thought you guys might get a kick out of these! 

Nicely done

I was going to say I miss having a keyboard and mouse for this game, but obviously the Razer controller is coming sometime in early 2019

They have updated their page for it to say 8th of january 2019 but I dont know if thats the release date

Hopefully PUBG will support this

An inordinate amount of work has gone into crafting Vikendi, seemingly even more than Sanhok and Miramar. So many locales have their own unique aesthetic in a way that the other two original maps haven't - or perhaps it's that the variation is more extreme, with T-Rexes and rocket ships rather than a difference between two towns like Pecado and Los Leones. I don't factor Erangel in this point just because it came at the start and was store-bought assets for an unproven game that happened to take off massively. Miramar, Sanhok and now Vikendi are much more authored. 

I like the terrain a lot and it's a very different feeling location. Loot index is a bit borked, being too weighted toward SMGs for the type of open terrain that the map has - but that's the kind of thing the test server is for. There's a general higher loot than Erangel/Miramar, but again: test server, so it may change. I hope Level 3 helmets go back to just being in the crates (you can currently pick them up in the world like the bad ol' days) because I've liked everything about that decision since it came to pass. Hoping their inclusion is just a test thing. Footprints never disappearing boggles the mind and making your way to a compound without leaving a trace is satisfying as hell. 

Yeah, the loot tables deffo need sorting... It's all Tommy Guns, UMP's and Uzi's with a fuck load of sniper addons and no fucking sniper rifles (I've found 3 in two days of playing)... its like the machine guns are at 200% loot whilst AR's are at -50% and Snipers at -200%....

My only criticism is that I'd have like to have seen more verticality on the map... its a bit flat...

Some of the lighting is sexual...

2? That's weird. I've had multiple M24's after only 5 or so hours. I wonder where we're differing location wise. Having said that yes, all SR atachments are through the roof! Suppressors for SRs used to be like hens teeth. 

The reintroduction of Level 3 helms make  bolt actions a lot less rewarding. :( I'm assuming none of this is a new direction until it's off test servers. 

From what I've heard its testing something... Can't see L3 helmets going back into the world... I've dropped pretty much everywhere and there doesn't seem to be any high loot areas... if you go to a builtup area with lots of houses you get the same loot frequency but more houses in which to search so more chance of something exotic turning up...

12 hours ago, MattKB said:

I got the PS4 version of this. Runs surprisingly well, no issues. Looks a bit arse but then that’s PUBG. Certainly is running better on my PS Pro than on my vanilla Xbox One version (which is probably to be expected). 

I bought it on PS4 too, but only had two games. The second should have been a win. Sanhok, 4 kills. Me and one other left. I'd just popped 2 dudes with an SLR and was convinced the last was on the other side of the circle but sure enough the minute I moved, up popped prone gamer with his Vector who must have been right next to me silent for the whole end game watching me pop off, and there's me in the open with my long range weapon. I still managed to take him down to 1hp. Should have won. Any auto weapon out and I would have.

Man, I hate prone gamers. Bet I was his only kill. Never mind though, that's good old pubg.

Runs great on PRO though. It's nice to kick back and play on the big screen and the visuals (whilst still so rough compared to PC) and performance are way better than a One S.

26 minutes ago, Gizamaluke said:

Runs great on PRO though. It's nice to kick back and play on the big screen and the visuals (whilst still so rough compared to PC) and performance are way better than a One S.

Is there any info on X Vs Pro? Last time I played pubg on X it was after playing COD's version of battle royale and by comparison it seemed very janky. 

12 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

Is there any info on X Vs Pro? Last time I played pubg on X it was after playing COD's version of battle royale and by comparison it seemed very janky. 

I'd expect a digital foundry analysis to show up today at some point.

One thing that seems odd to me on the Pro though is the complete lack of any post processing or AA. It's just such a rough image (even on a 4k screen at whatever dynamic res it's pushing). Dunno if it's the same on the One X.

I'd actually prefer a more clean and polished 1080p.

Now that the ranking system is changing (improving, hopefully) here are my stats prior to the new season. Hotdropping and aggressive play means the average kills bounces up and down depending on how crushing the week's been. Grandmaster is basically just a reward for playing a lot (being rejigged by PUBG as 'Survivalist' to better reflect this) so it shouldn't be read as me being a top 1% player in terms of skill; I'm not. 

finalstats - Copy (2).PNG

Got back into this last on the One X and got me a double dinner

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/nelsonwillyj/video/65416479

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/nelsonwillyj/screenshot/11055075

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/nelsonwillyj/screenshot/11055078

I was wondering - folks used to lean shoot because it increased the likelihood of headshots being taken by a limb and reducing damage. Is there any point in doing that these days now that they've implemented a limb penetration mechanic?

On 10/12/2018 at 13:37, ronin said:

Theyre both pretty stable at 30 fps, with a slight framerate advantage on the One X

But isnt the One X outputting a 4K image? It used to be 4K30 but I cant remember if they made changes to that at some point.

Yeah, One X is 4k image and HDR 

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

The skill difference between console and PC is fucking ridiculous. I prefer the PC version but get absolutely decimated all the time so I basically gave up on it.

I feel like most of the more casual player base has moved on and now in the main only the hardcore remain. It kinda makes sense that the people who are good at the game would stick around the longest.

After playing that other BR loads recently (and a bit of pubs on PS4) coming back to PC was a bit like wandering into a lion's den.