Playerunknown's Battlegrounds - Add your tag to the list in the OP

Padaxes

I’ve no idea what aim acceleration has done but since they added it to Xbox this week i can’t hit a cows arse with a shovel. I can’t find a combo of sensitivity settings that let me even have a chance of killing anyone. :saltytears:

Controls seem to be a lot better with the latest aim acceleration patch, but Ive also had some situations where I was sure to have pumped a magazine into someone but no hits connecting.

New patch today, I just had a few matches and its up

https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/164767-xbox-game-preview-patch-notes-5/

Added a new controller preset to options menu.Type B (new preset) now supports:

• Holding LT to aim down sight.
  • Holding LB to use 3rd person perspective aim sight.

Controller guide has been updated to include  the new controller preset.

1 hour ago, ronin said:

Controls seem to be a lot better with the latest aim acceleration patch, but Ive also had some situations where I was sure to have pumped a magazine into someone but no hits connecting.

New patch today, I just had a few matches and its up

https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/164767-xbox-game-preview-patch-notes-5/

Was wondering why I couldn’t select my handgun!

4 minutes ago, GMass said:

3 posts up. 

Doh! I had a comedy situation because of this yesterday. Dropped into school and picked up a hand gun, then I spy that silenced death lazer only to realise that it's one of those annoying loots without ammo. Queue someone killing me whilst I can't deselect an empty weapon.

First duo chicken dinner where we were both ( @MalevolentPanda and I) standing at the end. 

Despite the intensity of a solo win being far greater (congrats @Wallace !), the game threatens to descend into blind panic once you get to the last 5 or so, I was cursing my shotgun as I shot at a guy standing in front of a tree. The bark of the tree bore evidence of the shots. My target, not so much. 

In another game, I could see my bullets hitting a wall 6 feet away and 2 feet below my crosshair. The jank is real, it'd be nice to have more confidence in what will happen when you pull the trigger. 

Have any PC Players noticed things have been a bit better recently? Shooting now feels much more solid and I'm hitting things again, which returns the enjoyment some what.

Had my first chicken dinner on the new map, it was very satisfying. The guy below me forgot / didn't know you could get in the bell tower. Nicest way to win ever, just spent a good 10 seconds lining up death from above headshot with a vector while he sat there waiting for me to come out the church door. I was going to roll a grenade down at him but I had a feeling I knew how that would end

I had a #2 finish last night that I was actually pretty happy with. I'd gotten three kills throughout the course of the game, was pretty well tooled up and really satisfied with how I'd been playing. It had gotten down to the final 3. I had been adopting my usual endgame strategy, which was to crawl around on my belly like a coward and let all the hard men pick each other off while I watched and chuckled. Anyway, I was in a fairly central position. One of my opponents was nowhere to be seen and the other was driving around like a maniac in a Dacia. He had driven past me several times, but hadn't seen me, yet. Then he drove past more slowly and stopped. Shit. He started re-positioning the car. SHIT. And as much as I enjoy crawling around on my belly, I was not going to die there. On this occasion at least. He was now facing me and put his foot on the accelerator. I stood up, equipped my automatic shotgun and just emptied the clip into the front of the car. And I got him! With the last bullet. Unfortunately the now speeding Dacia did not stop when he died and smashed into me seconds later, sending me flying into the air. The #1 player must have been both confused and delighted.

Have I mentioned recently how much I love this game? Because I do.

Just now, ravnaz said:

Interesting post on Twitter from BattleNonSense:

Have you ever played duo's where you are both in the same car, yet seeing completely different things on your screens? Imagine that, but the whole game.

Shooting in PUBG is completely broken. You get shot in cover, you aim point blank and miss. It's just a massive troll game.

Just now, Gizamaluke said:

Have you ever played duo's where you are both in the same car, yet seeing completely different things on your screens? Imagine that, but the whole game.

Shooting in PUBG is completely broken. You get shot in cover, you aim point blank and miss. It's just a massive troll game.

No, I haven't seen that - damn!

Again, it's an interesting one - do you need decent netcode to sell a game?

The kill cam is terrible for accuracy, just like the replays and spectating are. If you watch your own replays back you’ll see yourself hitting things despite aiming far away just like on the kill cam, but it’s not a problem I’ve noticed when I’m actually aiming at people.

Disagree. It most certainly is for me.  In my last game a short while ago, I was shooting someone from a few metres away before he'd even seen me.  There was a single hit registered from around half a dozen rounds fired.  He span around and shot me dead in seconds.  It's utter crap sometimes.

Other times it can be fine.  I had a game the other day with four good kills, but I find it's massively down to luck of the draw as to what actually happens when you pull the trigger.

Ta!  It was a rough game as well.  Really poor pick-ups early on, in fact I nearly died outside the first circle because we had to stray so far for so long looking for stuff, and we got into a number of firefights along the way.  We had some fortunate positioning right at the end, with the two of us at the top of a little hill that almost everyone else was below, so they couldn't see us slithering. 

There was one magnificent moment where I was hiding in a bathroom because we heard a car stop outside while we were looting a settlement,  I could hear the dudes in my house, approaching the room I was in.  Just as one of them opened the door and came in my wingman fired some distraction shots from the building opposite, the enemy scrub span around to look and I put a full M416 clip into his head at point blank range from the bath as he came back in :lol: