Playerunknown's Battlegrounds - Add your tag to the list in the OP

20 minutes ago, Broker said:

Nope, just seems to cycle through the third person modes, press or hold. It does specify third person though, which implies there's a way to change that.

You can definitely go 1st person on the Xbox, is there a control section in options in case it’s been set different on yours somehow?

You're talking about different things. Broker wants to play a forced FPS game, which is possible on the PC but not yet on the Xbox.

So he's in the menu hitting RB (which cycles solo, duo and squad modes) and Kryptonian is in-game where it gives you a first person view but doesn't prevent others from being third person.

1 hour ago, Fry Crayola said:

You're talking about different things. Broker wants to play a forced FPS game, which is possible on the PC but not yet on the Xbox.

So he's in the menu hitting RB (which cycles solo, duo and squad modes) and Kryptonian is in-game where it gives you a first person view but doesn't prevent others from being third person.

Aha, gotcha

I seem to have regressed on this recently. I've realised that my gun-play isn't strong enough and I need to get a handle on the different weapons, so I've been dropping into the high-risk, high-reward areas at the start but I'm struggling. Do people tend to use ADS for medium range or the left-trigger hold shoot from hip?

24 minutes ago, Hass said:

I seem to have regressed on this recently. I've realised that my gun-play isn't strong enough and I need to get a handle on the different weapons, so I've been dropping into the high-risk, high-reward areas at the start but I'm struggling. Do people tend to use ADS for medium range or the left-trigger hold shoot from hip?

Always ADS for me, I really struggle with the aim in third person, actually started switching to first person for most engagements cos i prefer hold the left trigger there. It's all down to personal preference though. I tend to use any of the rifles for medium range/UMP for short range and by god if i manage to actually find one an SKS with 4x for long range. 

1 hour ago, donkeyk said:

I've added myself to the spreadsheet, but I'm playing now if anyone is up for duo/squads.

Be good to play with some adults:  I'd forgotten how much of a cesspit XBL has become nowadays...

EDIT: Tag: donkeyk

I'll be about later tonight so I'll add you up then, we're always looking for people to play with...even though there's an option to queue as any number now for squads i still prefer having 4. 

29 minutes ago, Hass said:

I never use the slight aim on holding it down, it seems pointless. ADS for anything except wildly spraying up close, which is fine without holding down or pressing anything.

Getting consistent top tens solo now.  I've had some proper pulse-racers tonight.  In one round, I was hiding in a skip outside a pub when some scrub legged it inside, shortly followed by another scrub, then a third!  A massive firefight ensued, all the while I was sweating like a paedo in a playground in my skip (Skip o' Wind) hoping none of them found me.  Fortunately a plane flew overhead, which I used to mask my footsteps and shotgun-moider the winner of the scrub-off before pinching his jeep, driving to the centre of the map, and hitting a lamp post for maximum suicide. Poetic.

Followed by a number 7 finish, most of which I spent hiding in a house, hoping the other guy I could hear who had the same idea as me, didn't choose my room.  I died in that one slithering my way towards the final circle like a literal snake in the grass, only to be popped by someone unseen.  Death Cam revealed I was moidered by some dude slithering just the same, not twenty feet away!  Sods law it was the dude I was house sharing with earlier.

Had a surreal moment in it playing duos.

I was riding a motorbike into battle with my buddy on the back when I got booted to the dash. Instead of it kicking me from the game, he was rendered helpless while the bike sped across the map at full speed.

This came to a halt when said bike met the side of a building. He hopped off then the bike took off with my helpless player still at the controls.

By the time he caught up with me (and I managed to reconnect to the game) I was in a crumpled heap requiring revival, which he did, before we were flanked and slaughtered by another team. 

Best gaming moment in a long time!

10 minutes ago, carlospie said:

How come you don’t show as I game yet on steam it shows your playing? Did you block me....

Not sure if they changed it in 1.0 but it used to be the case that if you were in game already the lobby wouldn't show you online to other people. 

Hmmm....played a squad game with three randoms and got tooled up pretty quick.

Two of my team joined me in a building so I started shedding stuff on the floor I thought they may find handy, especially a X8 scope.

I jumped up and down, pointing to it...... Nope.

So I shot at it to try to communicate the goodies I was offering.

Blam, blam, blam, blam!  Yeah cheers for that. :unsure:

52 minutes ago, Pug said:

Hmmm....played a squad game with three randoms and got tooled up pretty quick.

Two of my team joined me in a building so I started shedding stuff on the floor I thought they may find handy, especially a X8 scope.

I jumped up and down, pointing to it...... Nope.

So I shot at it to try to communicate the goodies I was offering.

Blam, blam, blam, blam!  Yeah cheers for that. :unsure:

Games like this and Fortnite really require communication with squamates for anything more than stay alive. 

The other one is when you're trying to be sneaky and stealthy. Bang bang bang from them shooting randomly, or standing / running around while you're prone, giving your position away.

I tend to play solo if no mates are on. Can't be arsed getting fucked because of randoms. 

3 hours ago, carlospie said:

How come you don’t show as I game yet on steam it shows your playing? Did you block me....

Dave White helped me solve this one today. I’ve had invites blocked from everyone ever since I clicked it the once to see if it would help you add me the other day. :lol: I always struggle with vague toggle icons where it’s uncertain whether the icon is representing what’s currently in effect or what would be in effect if you selected it. 

Also, if someone’s in game you can’t invite them.