Playerunknown's Battlegrounds - Add your tag to the list in the OP

Yesterday I was looting a shed when (thanks to the 3rd person camera) I happened to spot someone running into the building next to it. He hadn't spotted me, so I shut the shed door and spent the next couple of minutes watching the door to his building (thanks again 3rd person cam) whilst listening to him looting it. Then he ran out of the building and over to my shed. He opened the door and BAM! He died to a single shotgun blast to the chest. Saved me looting the building, so almost as good as Amazon Prime delivery. More nail-biting though.

I don't really play any shooters besides very casual Titanfall 2, which obviously couldn't be more different, but I'm absolutely loving this game. I am struggling to hit dudes close up, it seems random/laggy or maybe I'm just panicking, but I have started to develop a few little habits which have served me well, and I'm doing OK considering I'm shit at reticle pointing games. I got my first top 3 (I was actually 2nd, because I killed the number three and then got shot by the last guy, but it said I was third...) and I've had a couple of top fives, too. Really really enjoying it, and I hope one day I'll get a win.

My approach is to work my way in from the edge, so I tend to be tooled up and usually in some vehicle. Once I'm kitted out, I head for as centre a point as possible and ditch the buggy or whatever, and lurk in the shadows behind a tree, ideally on high ground. Your basic survival stuff, I guess. If I can, I'll pick off the odd nobhead parked in the middle in his car, which I think is a good lesson until they do something about the 'vehicle meta'.

I think I'm going to invest in a bit of PUBG education on the streaming they have nowadays and see if I can get me some dinner. 

6 minutes ago, macosx said:

Had a brilliant laugh earlier. Trapped someone in a house for ten minutes with my jeep; running rings around the house like Stephen King’s Christine. He was taking pot shots from the roof and windows. I hid the jeep in a gulley for while out of sight and killed the engine.

Finally  the circle closed and he had to make a break for it. As he ran from the front door I gunned the engine; driving through the picket fence splintering it into a cloud of white matchwood as his body flew off the bonnet. :)

They must have been so pissed.

:lol:

Whats generally the best option when your under fire out in the open?  As there's no hit indicator to determine where you're under fire from, it leads to me running round in panic or hitting the ground :lol:.  I'm enjoying the few games I've played.  Love the concept so you don't just camp and get comfortable.  Why's no one done this before?

3 hours ago, simms said:

Whats generally the best option when your under fire out in the open?  As there's no hit indicator to determine where you're under fire from, it leads to me running round in panic or hitting the ground :lol:.  I'm enjoying the few games I've played.  Love the concept so you don't just camp and get comfortable.  Why's no one done this before?

Being it’s you I’d hold the button to lie down on your front  then hold the button to drop your pants to your knees. The “enemy” will do the rest. Godspeed.

4 hours ago, simms said:

Run in zig zags, occasional jumps. Be an unpredictably moving target. Same as real life. 

Also true, same as real life.

There's something deathly dull about the bullet sounds in this, too. I don't know if it's the large open spaces but the reverberating crack followed by a dull thud against the earth next to you is so dreadful and matter of fact. 

So, finally got a couple of games in yesterday. 

Enjoyed it it on the whole!  Definitely more complicated than Fortnite, and more stressful.  It’s very intense which in turn can be a bit tiring for playing a long time!

That said we did get Winner Winner Chicken Dinner on my second game so I must be a good luck charm :-). And a second place later on.

The graphical issues are jarring, though.  I’m not one for “pretty games only plox” but at one point I ran into a hangar that hadn’t fully formed, and the elevated floor appeared once I was over the threshold.  My characters legs were stuck in the floor and she flailed miserably for a short time before succumbing and dying “from fall damage”. :(   

I know it’ll improve all the time but on the one side it feels a little odd to have already paid money with it being in such a developmental stage.  I mean I would pay sometime, so it doesn’t really matter, but I need to just remind myself to be patient with it and keep giving it a chance in that sense!

13 hours ago, fragglerock said:

Not REALLY enjoying it though. dunno what guns are good and as soon as anyone fires at me I am dead, but when I fire at people they seem to be sponges.

TTK varies a bit by where you hit them and what bullets you’re using. Also their helmet and vest obviously make a difference. If you can hit people in the head they die very quickly, and well placed shots can knock their helmet off so the next one afterwards will kill them in pretty much one hit. If you’re not confident aiming for the head, trying to empty a whole clip into the chest is the best way to go. In terms of weapons, the ammo type is what to look out for. 9mm seem pretty weak, but they’re everywhere and a lot of the guns that take them fire really fast or have other benefits. Good for close range. Shotgun shells are also great close up and will often kill in one hit if you’re in the same room and get the jump on someone. 45 rounds are a bit shite, they’re ok up close but the guns that take them are all a bit crap so you’re not going to be able to trade up to a better weapon. 5.56 and 7.62 are where it’s at, they’re decent rounds with a great selection of weapons for each. If possible, try to use the 5.56 for an assault rifle for close to mid range (M416 or SCAR-L), and the 7.62 for a sniper rifle (Kar98 or the sexy awesome SKS). That said, the AK is an utter beast up close spitting 7.62 at people.