Playerunknown's Battlegrounds - Add your tag to the list in the OP

1 hour ago, Gizamaluke said:

Dunno if it's just in my head, but version 1.0 on pc felt so much better (apart from the rubber banding at the start).

I also fucking love the Winchester.

Yeah aside from the rubber banding, the 1.0 release does run a lot better. Much smoother. Still having quite a few crashes, and loading into a game/back to the menu seems to take a lot longer. But the actual game itself does seem to run much better. The Xbox One version runs a lot better since the update too.

I actually feel a lot more confident on the Xbox One version, because fighting at range is a bit more difficult, I don't feel like I'm getting one shotted all the time, so I'm happy to risk sticking my head out for a second longer to make my own shot. Absolutely ignoring switching weapons to auto has helped a lot too!

• Upvote 1
22 hours ago, fattakin said:

I did same but they just opened a case.  My PUBG was cdkeys tho, yours the MS Store?

Yup was the MS Store. Still waiting on the funds to arrive (should take 24 to 72 hours they say) but have the confirmation email...

• Upvote 1

Guys. GUYS. I thought you said this game was hard!

Winnerwinner.thumb.jpeg.1a9a00fd6abf964f099632351a56f6df.jpeg

This is only about my tenth time playing it too! :P. Honestly though, what an experience. My heart was pounding near the end and there was definitely a good dose of luck involved. This game is SO, SO good! Oh and full disclosure, I was playing in in Duo mode with my mate...

• Upvote 3
3 hours ago, simms said:

Bought this yesterday so planning to put sometime into it over the holiday period.  This will be my first online FPS I’ve played in years.  Hope it’s fairly noob friendly.

Me too...  

• Upvote 2
  • Empathy 1
1 hour ago, Chow said:

I actually feel a lot more confident on the Xbox One version, because fighting at range is a bit more difficult, I don't feel like I'm getting one shotted all the time, so I'm happy to risk sticking my head out for a second longer to make my own shot. Absolutely ignoring switching weapons to auto has helped a lot too!

I totally agree with that. I prefer the longer engagements and focus on positioning and tactics that you get with a less accurate aiming method. CS and CS Source put me off multiplayer shooters on the PC as death was so swift and instant.   Obviously you want a nicely calibrated pad setup, which PUBG doesn’t necessarily have yet, but I don’t feel the need for any kind of auto aim. 

57 minutes ago, noob said:

Me too...  

Same here and happy to join up for team battles on Xbox.  Gamer tag is Darkstar859

Maybe worth while starting a gamer tag list on the online page for team members, and apologies if there is already but I looked and couldn’t see one.  

Only had two games so far but the tension is fantastic.  

• Upvote 1
31 minutes ago, Mr Tony said:

I've created a spreadsheet & updated the first post. Get your tags in for some multiplayer matchups!

Also join the RLLMUK club on Xbox. We can use LFG through that to find players who are free for a game. 

37 minutes ago, Pug said:

Just put this on and I've got another update. Is this different to the one earlier in the week? 

Update #2 today. 

Xbox players,

Sincere thanks for your continued feedback, and as usual please direct your thoughts and issues to:https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/forum/178-xbox/

The team will continue to evaluate areas for improvement, whether its client and server optimizations or monitoring the current “Car Meta”. Our second patch is focused on quality of life fixes (weapon recoil for example) as well as trying to resolve some of the stability issues that have been brought to our attention.

We expect to release our next patch at the beginning of the year, but we will monitor player feedback carefully and will address critical items over the holiday break as needed.

Thanks again for your support.

This patch will be live at 1AM PST / 10AM CET / 6PM KST.
Please restart your Xbox after the patch goes live to get the update.

Optimization

Continued performance optimizations

In-game

The tuning range for the general sensitivity option has been expanded

Weapon recoil reduced across the board (Xbox Only)

Team UI will now correctly display voice chat status

Additional Localization updates

Bug

A variety of crash fixes

Fixed an issue where casting bar UI remains onscreen when spectating a target who died while using an item from their inventory

• Upvote 2

Had a wonderful bug on this last night. As soon as the plane was over land all 100 players were dumped out the back at the very same time. One hell of a rush seeing that many chutes in the air all falling towards the same buildings. There was quite a bit of rubber banding in the first five minutes and I got to an Assault Rifle at the same time as another guy, He managed to get the gun but I swiped the ammo and ran :lol:

Hoping the update does reduce the number of crashes. I had three consecutive crashes in three games yesterday and another during a game this afternoon. I reckon at least 20%-30% of my matches have crashed to the dash. Sometimes I'm still alive after the 3 minute reload, although earlier I loaded back in to the sight of car crashing into mine and the other driver jumped out and murderised me.

• Upvote 1

Fired this up for the first time in ages last night, and it's a far smoother experience than the last time I played. Plus it no longer blue screens my PC, which is always a bonus. I played with a chum and we did OK, with a couple of top 20 finishes, but we were making rookie mistakes. Going prone under fire, picking unnecessary fights, that sort of jazz.  I fear there will be no chicken din dins for a while.

32 minutes ago, Nathan Wind said:

Fired this up for the first time in ages last night, and it's a far smoother experience than the last time I played. Plus it no longer blue screens my PC, which is always a bonus. I played with a chum and we did OK, with a couple of top 20 finishes, but we were making rookie mistakes. Going prone under fire, picking unnecessary fights, that sort of jazz.  I fear there will be no chicken din dins for a while.

It took a while for the chicken dinners to start rolling in for me, you need to have some hot landings to get used to the combat. Once you have a little bit of confidence for a firefight, it gets much easier and that'll be what takes you from a top 20 to a top 10, to a chicken dinner.

I'm not arsed to be honest. I'll likely never devote it the time required to git gud, because there are so many other games I like to play and gaming time is limited. It's fun just taking part in this though. It's all about the stuff going through your head. What might happen. What does happen is usually pretty dull in gameplay terms, but hot damn, that constant feeling of dread...

• Upvote 1