Strategos

Playerunknown's Battlegrounds - Add your tag to the list in the OP

Tommy fan here.  I love Al Caponeing motherfuckers with it. Ratatatatatatata!

It’s not bad at all if you can extend it and fit a vert, plus it has the added bonus of making everyone else in the squad sigh and roll their eyes if you use it.  Maining a Tommy is mad though, if there are better options around.

I kept on landing on the new map and getting stuck with only SMGs and shotguns at the start. Obviously the UMP is awesome and the Uzi is ok, plus the Vector is a total waste of time, but I found that every time I ended up having to pick up a Tommy Gun I got a kill or two, so I figured I’d give it a proper shot. Won the first game I hung onto it with six kills. You don’t have to fight over ammo, it’s easy to extend it to 50 rounds which is the second highest capacity in the game. Literally the only downside is being stuck with iron sights.

That video is amusing.

"I don't want to have to use astronomy to get a kill"  :lol:

Subjectively, I don't think it's that bad but in general he's absolutely right.  I've had good games and kills with all those guns, but you're talking a handful or rounds out of the thousands played. They're memorable because you've done well with a loadout that isn't ideal, but whatever floats your boat, man.  If you're a killer with it then why not, who gives a fuck what anyone else says about it? 

For me,  using the Tommo is a lot like that time I found a Mili-vest and M4 in one of those sheds that's in the middle of nowhere, so now I have to check every shed I see.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Broker said:

plus the Vector is a total waste of time

WHAT!??!??!

Get that bad boy specc'd up with an extended mag and you have possibly the gun with lowest time to kill in the entire game! One full extend mag into someone will kill them in under a second! Useless beyond about 75 yards but for CQC its a fucking beast!

• Upvote 1

Yeah extended mag on the vector!

i know you’re the PUBG Meister @Broker, but have you played Blackout,; I find it really hard to go back as it’s all  so slick with quicker moment to moment stuff. Mind you I am on console.

The Vector is the fastest time to kill gun in the game. May well be a case of ‘oh this gun kills too’ honeymoon period with the tommy, Broker. No harm in that, embracing the weird guns in PUBG is a big part of playing a lot. I always have a revolver on me just because it’s so damn fun (and rubbish, which only adds to its appeal). 

I usually find DPs on Erangel but yes, its reduction in numbers is a shame. Not enough love for a world spawning lmg. 

4 hours ago, PopeSmokesDope said:

WHAT!??!??!

Get that bad boy specc'd up with an extended mag and you have possibly the gun with lowest time to kill in the entire game! One full extend mag into someone will kill them in under a second! Useless beyond about 75 yards but for CQC its a fucking beast!

It does have a low TTK, but every single fight with the Vector is the same. It's terrible over range, useless without an extended mag, only feels really good with a tac stock. It's only good for emptying a clip into someone from a few feet away, which means every combat encounter with the Vector is either a clip in someone close by who dies, or a single missed bullet and then you die. There's no hitting crazy shots from a distance, and you can't afford to waste one of your four bullets trying to bait people. It's just no fun.

3 hours ago, macosx said:

Yeah extended mag on the vector!

i know you’re the PUBG Meister @Broker, but have you played Blackout,; I find it really hard to go back as it’s all  so slick with quicker moment to moment stuff. Mind you I am on console.

I've played Blackout on PS4 for a bit, it feels nice but I think the TTK is insanely low. My favourite PUBG moments are scraping by, killing someone with a bit of heath, getting away. I get into a lot of engagements in PUBG that we both abandon because other people are coming or the circle is pushing us, whereas so far in Blackout most encounters before the last few circles feel isolated and almost always result in one party dying. I feel like it's pretty much just COD multiplayer with a long wait between respawns. The movement is fucking lovely though, so smooth. 

3 hours ago, Gizamaluke said:

Speaking of high capacity, has anyone seen a DP-28 recently? I've not come across one in months.

It's Erangel exclusive I think? I always find them on there but never anywhere else.

3 hours ago, Rob Rule said:

The Vector is the fastest time to kill gun in the game. May well be a case of ‘oh this gun kills too’ honeymoon period with the tommy, Broker. No harm in that, embracing the weird guns in PUBG is a big part of playing a lot. I always have a revolver on me just because it’s so damn fun (and rubbish, which only adds to its appeal). 

I'm loving the capacity of 50, and it's actually really good ever range. With a suppressor and a vert it's got great range, and it's a beast up close as well.

I had a go on this on a PS4 pro, what a mess this is on console - it’s an absolute joke that they ask you to pay actual money for it, maybe there is a good game in there but it looks and controls so poorly on PS4 why would you even bother to push past all that - shame as I’ve wanted to play this for ever :( 

• Empathy 1

8 hours ago, Nathan Wind said:

Yeah well fuck that guy, I don’t need him. I’m going solo. Third person, PS4.

But in more serious news, tracked stats on Vikendi! :omg:

Because stats matter, except in squads.

Stats are amazing. I was browsing mine the other day and found this one. I can't remember when or where I did it though....

image.thumb.png.5d8b3f726b28bac69818ddd116c26788.png

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, snowbind said:

@Rob Rule Those were very enjoyable games. Same time next year?

GG's indeed. Bad timing for that visitor, but that last game was an increasingly comical round of Kar neckshots; 360 odd damage and not a single kill. :lol: 

pubg.op.gg remains the most enjoyable way to look at precious, precious stats. Really like the recent k/d, kills plotted on maps, overall team rank and damage given. 

It’s all kicking off in the competitive scene...

it seems bluehole have figured out how to detect xRadar (it alters your hosts file so they’ve been looking for that) and have banned a load of professionals who have been using it in online qualifiers!

• Upvote 1

Played this a lot last night. Another solo dinner on the endless rounds of Miramar that seem to be happening on Xbox right now. 

The new map is up on Xbox Pubic Test Server - I couldn't get in early in the night but had a couple of games later on. The sound is incredible. 

Anyone playing this on xbox and fancy some Duos/Trips/Quads over the evenings in the festive period? I've only ever played solos.

• Upvote 1