Strategos

Playerunknown's Battlegrounds - Add your tag to the list in the OP

15 hours ago, Gringo said:

I take it most of you guys play on PC? The Xbox version is broke to the point of being virtually unplayable for me. The last 3 patches seem to have made it progressively worse. The gun fights seem down to randomness rather than skill and I’m just not having fun anymore.

I can't speak for the OG Xbox but I've found XBox One X to be totally fine for the last 3 patches or so. Bizarrely the only point I get framerate stutter now is inside a few tiny buildings but combat generally seems fine and the gameplay isn't negatively affected. I think the key thing now is that when I lose in a 50/50 duel (or even when I die after getting the jump on someone) it's typically because I fouled up (it normally takes a DVR watch for me to get through the 5 stages of grief here). The absence of auto-aim can make tiny errors huge - no headshot and you're kicking up dust. But there's a huge amount of skill to the gunplay in this game - you can tell this because the good players really clean up. It's just got a huge learning curve. 

Get ready for METAL RAIN. In this week’s Event Mode, 8-player squads will battle on Erangel. The twist? Flare Guns will call down a huge, heavily-armored UAZ.

And this time you can bring in a full, 8-player squad of your friends. Event is now live and will end Apr 22 7PM PDT / Apr 23 4AM CEST / Apr 23 11AM KST.

Can we get 8 together at the same time??

17 hours ago, Gringo said:

@Chow what Xbox are you playing on? I’m on an S. As I say, I loved the game up until a few patches ago. I can put up with the loot issues and buildings takin an age to load on drop but the gun play has lost something for me. 

I still play on our regular 4 man squad Monday’s but I going to focus on other games more. Have hardly played anything else since it was released. Just a bit frustrated with it I guess.

I've spent the majority of my hours playing on the bog standard Day One Xbox One.

Do the PC players on here have a specific Discord server you use or anything like that?

2 hours ago, Gizamaluke said:

Can we get 8 together at the same time??

I’ll be playing this afternoon if anyone is on today?

19 minutes ago, Chow said:

Do the PC players on here have a specific Discord server you use or anything like that?

I’m using teamspeak at the moment, is it easy to set up a discord server?

Played my first game of PUBG on mobile.

Did surprisingly well. 6 kills. Carried my team to the top 20.

One slight issue:

The game is janky as hell. Friday 13th level jank.

I played Operation Flashpoint 20 years ago - and yeah, it didn’t have one hundred players, but this is the game PUBG most reminds me of. Fortnite wipes the floor with it.

• Downvote 2

Been playing the Metal Rain event with some friends in the US, won a few times. It's pretty goddamn crazy. Constant planes overhead, killfeed dominated by supply drop weapons. Madness.

I jumped into the event and was chuckling at a guy playing the A-team theme as we dropped. The most of the squad spoke, so he invited us to his disc. I added a few mates and we won 4/6 games and came third in another. It's been excellent.