rllmuk
Goose

The Matrix Reboot - Reeves, Moss and Lana Wachowski Returning!

Wondering which direction they'll be taking this now that Reeves and Moss are back. If they end up playing different versions of Neo and Trinity, they could theoretically set any in-Matrix parts of it anywhere, anytime and with a different look.

William Gibson seems to have a pretty sensible attitude to this sort of thing. I remember reading an interview with him where he was asked what he thought of Shadowrun, and whether he'd considered taking legal action, and his response was that he had a strong reaction of total and utter revulsion to the fact that someone had spliced his fiction with elves and orks, but that he'd never sue as people could probably sue him for various things he stuck into his own fiction.

Ironically, Shadowrun Berlin is probably the videogame that best represents the ethos and feel of cyberpunk, even though it's full of elves and you can play as a mage. It's a slightly PG-13 take on life on the streets, but it really captures the diversity, and the feeling of the street finding its own use for things.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Harsin said:

It wasn’t flip phones was it, the Matrix phone was that slider effort.

Slide phones then. Something very satisfying about the sound of it opening.

Matrix 4, do we get iPhones? Do they keep the slide phones? To they use folding phones? Or will dump the phones and go with watches?

• Upvote 1

Bloody loved the animatrix, they should start with something like that , live action short stories as an intro to rebooting / continuing the franchise.

• Upvote 3

In this day and age I imagine Warner will be happy to go all-out on tie-ins again. The sequels were ahead of the curve on that at least. Maybe volume 3 of the comics or something.

Maybe they’ll finally have enough of an audience to release the other dang art books.

7 hours ago, sid said:

Bloody loved the animatrix, they should start with something like that , live action short stories as an intro to rebooting / continuing the franchise.

Absolutely, loved that they did a similar thing for Blade Runner 2049.

More of this, please. 

There was so much good old nuts and bolts film-making in the original, and even the sequels for all their post-Phantom Menace CGI. Like their first idea for Bullet Time was to strap a movie camera on a rocket sled, but the camera and the film got disintegrated.

• Upvote 4

The CGI in the second movie is very obvious but the special effects that were practical are superb.  That car chase where they built the whole highway is amazing still.  I'm not sure I'm bothered about a reboot though, the first film was amazing, but the others were pretty much nonsense.

I wonder if we'll see a Keanu Matrix Neo and a different actor for a real world Neo as his body is dead, yet we know programs can leave the Matrix into humans via phone link (Smith/Bane).

Or he may just stay in the Matrix.

If Moss & Reeves are returning, why is Abdul Mateen rumoured to be cast as a young Morpheus?

Flashbacks?

Perhaps Morpheus is ill/old/dying and as he's so important he uploads to the Matrix then downloads into a young, healthy machine grown human.

Probably all totally wrong and I should write my own Matrix short stories. :lol:

6459.gif

• Upvote 2

Jada Pinkett Smith is in talks to return and Iron Fist's Jessica Henwick is in talks for a lead role. Possibly a Neo-like character.

Must admit its not my favourite, and they are looked down upon (by the majority, but not all) in the Ducati world (over a regular 998).

Lambert Wilson might be back:

https://theplaylist.net/merovingian-matrix-4-lambert-wilson-20200117/

According to Allocine, Wilson, who portrayed The Merovingian in both ‘Reloaded’ and ‘Revolutions,’ is in negotiations to return to the franchise in the upcoming fourth film. However, the actor is concerned that his schedule might conflict with the production and he’ll have to be excluded. Of course, we’ve seen actor changeover in “The Matrix” franchise before, and with the nature of the story, it’s not difficult to give a different face to an already-known character.

Hugo Weaving's not going to be in it:

https://www.timeout.com/london/news/hugo-weaving-explains-why-he-wasnt-in-avengers-endgame-and-wont-be-appearing-in-the-new-matrix-012020

‘“The Matrix” is a very different story. It’s unfortunate but actually I had this offer [for “The Visit”] and then the offer came from “The Matrix”, so I knew it was happening but I didn’t have dates. I thought [I ] could do both and it took eight weeks to work out that the dates would work – I held off on accepting [a role in “The Visit” during that time]. I was in touch with [director] Lana Wachowski, but in the end she decided that the dates weren’t going to work. So we’d sorted the dates and then she sort of changed her mind. They’re pushing on ahead without me.’

• Empathy 1