rllmuk
Goose

The Matrix Reboot - Reeves, Moss and Lana Wachowski Returning!

On 29/07/2019 at 18:33, Nick R said:

Matrix > Dark City > The 13th Floor.

I still haven't seen eXistenZ.

On 29/07/2019 at 20:40, Festoon said:

Don't. It's awful.

Do watch it if you can, it's wonderfully Cronenburg.

• Upvote 4

The 4K disc is a reference disc for sure. A 4K master in Dolby Vision, and they got the original DoP involved in regrading it like the original theatrical release. Suspect the new cinema run would be based off of that master.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Triple A said:

they got the original DoP involved in regrading it like the original theatrical release.

Well shit, now I need a 4K Blu-ray player.

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

There's been an announcement

Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss returning. Lana Wachowski writing and directing. That's about it so far.

We could not be more excited to be re-entering The Matrix with Lana,” said Emmerich. “Lana is a true visionary—a singular and original creative filmmaker—and we are thrilled that she is writing, directing and producing this new chapter in The Matrix universe.”

Erm, wasn’t there two Wachowskis behind The Matrix? Guess they’ve forgotten about the other one.

Plus we all know that it wasn’t the Wachowskis that made the Matrix what it was, it was Joel Silver (but I guess the Wachowskis said “fuck him” after Speed Racer)

• Downvote 9

Joel Silver is an incredibly talented producer with an eye for everything from genre classics to high trash but that is bananas. It’s almost impossible to put the Matrix’s signature style down to anyone one person* and I sure wouldn’t try to put Joel Silver as the creative nexus of that collaboration.

*Bill Pope’s photography, Don Davis’ score, Dane Davis’ sound design, Owen Patterson’s production design, Geof Darrow and Steve Skroce’s conceptual art...

• Upvote 4

Am well up for more, but not sure the Wachowski (singular) is the best to make it good again. She’s a bit pretentious - R&R were full of it in the writing, and Sens8 was pretty preachy. Less philosophy, more ass-kicking please.

The (canonical) plot of The Matrix Online, which I somehow did not waste my 20s playing but have read about, suggested that Neo’s corpse floating off on a barge at the end of Revolutions was not the end of him.

Maybe Trinity is a ghost now.

50 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

The (canonical) plot of The Matrix Online, which I somehow did not waste my 20s playing but have read about, suggested that Neo’s corpse floating off on a barge at the end of Revolutions was not the end of him.

Maybe Trinity is a ghost now.

And the son and the father 

• Upvote 1

Stop being so darn sensible about this, William! Don't you know there are countless sites with "NEUROMANCER AUTHOR RESENTS THE MATRIX FOR RIPPING OFF HIS WORK" articles all written and ready to go? Why would you deprive us of this content, William? Do you want us to go back to dredging up the Sophia Stewart plagiarism thing again?

Well if William won't give us the headlines we desperately need, we have no choice but to give Grant Morrison a call...

I've been calling for this reboot for years!

The video game spin offs are going to be insane.

The second movie is my favourite but together they are my favourite films.

I saw both sequals in the cinema back in 2003, loved the animatix , really loved the animatrix and really enjoyed the Enter The Matrix game.

I'm going to have to buy the trilogy on iTunes now. I have the DVDs but who wants disks anymore.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Nick R said:

Stop being so darn sensible about this, William! Don't you know there are countless sites with "NEUROMANCER AUTHOR RESENTS THE MATRIX FOR RIPPING OFF HIS WORK" articles all written and ready to go? Why would you deprive us of this content, William? Do you want us to go back to dredging up the Sophia Stewart plagiarism thing again?

Well if William won't give us the headlines we desperately need, we have no choice but to give Grant Morrison a call...

He wrote the afterword of the art book for the movie about how utterly dazzled he was by the film, why would anyone with any sense think he would be mad about it?

2 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

He wrote the afterword of the art book for the movie about how utterly dazzled he was by the film, why would anyone with any sense think he would be mad about it?

I'm gonna guess they don't own the art book. 

• Upvote 1