rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
diddlydennis

Ed Sheeran had 9/10 of the top ten

I believe I raised this in TTFYO

It's not even him I object to. It's the fact the stupid millennial designed streaming generation twunt-witted system allowed it.

• Upvote 1

So indicative of these times, it's all Rolf Harris, Brexit and an Ed Sheeran 9/10 slam dunk. I suppose it's best we just accept it.

I really like some of his stuff. I got a bit addicted to Castle on the hill. His last album was pretty good too and a team / lego house were not bad songs either.

2 minutes ago, snowbind said:

Tbh I've got no bones to pick with sheeran, sure he makes bland limp music, but at least he can write, play and (sort of) sing. He's worked hard and it's payed off. He didn't chase fame, he just made music and ended up a success, which is such a better story than expecting x-factor to lift you out of the gutter.

Him having 9 singles in the what ever just goes to show what a diabolical state charted music is in.

Definitely agree with this, but I still want to punch his smug ginger face.

I like him. I just don't like his music. Fair play though, the guy got there through his own hard work and determination. He's a genuinely nice bloke from what I've read, fair play to him.

7 hours ago, King A said:

I like him. I just don't like his music. Fair play though, the guy got there through his own hard work and determination. He's a genuinely nice bloke from what I've read, fair play to him.

Enough about Diddler, what about Ed Sheeran? Brap. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The only reason this situation has happened is because streaming music counts towards the charts now (as well as existing methods), not because he's released all the tracks as singles, which is what used to be the case (needing to release tracks as singles only)

snowbind is right - the charts today is in a total state.

Thing I don't get about this is the uproar about how the charts aren't fit for purpose (didn't he also have 16 of the top 20 songs too?).. 

I mean, surely the ultimate goal of the charts is to illustrate which music (or any other media) is most popular right now?  And as such, streaming could be a much more tangible / reliable method of establishing that?  Definitely more so than selling of 'singles', anyway. 

Who fucking cares if one person's album can dominate the charts like this? It's based on evidence, seems like the charts are more accurate than they've ever been? 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mentazm said:

Is his face as punchable in real life?

Nah he seemed alright. Very down to earth. But this was before he got ridiculously big and was living on Rizzle Kicks sofa

He apparently brought two bodyguards with him to an old schoolmates NYE house party a couple of years ago (that my girlfriend's sister was also at), which seemed a bit like self-obsessed celebrity overkill. Although spending New Years at an old mate's house seems very down to Earth, so I guess it balances out.

10 hours ago, Darhkwing said:

I really like some of his stuff. I got a bit addicted to Castle on the hill. His last album was pretty good too and a team / lego house were not bad songs either.

About Framlingham Castle, which strangely enough is the same town they filmed the TV series "Detectorists" :)

2 hours ago, CovisGod said:

Nah he seemed alright. Very down to earth. But this was before he got ridiculously big and was living on Rizzle Kicks sofa

He still looks quite slim on the telly.

• Upvote 2

Did anyone see James Blunt perform his new song on the Graeme Norton show? What the fuck was that about. Either it was the best attempt at trolling ever or, more likely, he's lost the plot.

On 16/03/2017 at 19:38, Stanley said:

Did anyone see James Blunt perform his new song on the Graeme Norton show? What the fuck was that about. Either it was the best attempt at trolling ever or, more likely, he's lost the plot.

Yeah was in stitches at his "dancing", especially the arm-swinging when he goes for the keyboard - a sight to behold.

• Upvote 1

He's very, very bland. His success seems to be based around that and also being the least offensive looking person ever. It's worked for him though so good luck to the guy tbh. 

• Upvote 1