rllmuk
JohnC

Mindhunter - Netflix and Fincher

I'm not so sure it's a bad thing. I think some programmes might be better for being killed prematurely than late, having found out that they didn't know what they were doing.

• Upvote 1

I wonder where they were going to go with the little clips of BTK if they'd kept going. I always found those oddly fascinating and a compelling reason to watch the next episode. Then again I didn't know who he was until I looked him up after finishing the second series, so who knows what they would have done.

I would kill enough people to deserve a case study of my own to see a Fincher directed spin-off movie focusing on BTK.

Zodiac 2: The missing third act.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, James Lyon said:

I wonder where they were going to go with the little clips of BTK if they'd kept going. I always found those oddly fascinating and a compelling reason to watch the next episode. Then again I didn't know who he was until I looked him up after finishing the second series, so who knows what they would have done.

Supposedly Fincher wanted 5 seasons and having looked at the background to BTK, a time skip would probably be needed. Maybe Fincher is confident he could return to this project in a few years when the cast are older. I read speculation the BTK stuff was juxtaposed as a way of undermining what the unit was doing... I didn’t think there was enough presented on the show to draw any conclusions.

On 18/01/2020 at 19:47, grindmouse said:

I read speculation the BTK stuff was juxtaposed as a way of undermining what the unit was doing... I didn’t think there was enough presented on the show to draw any conclusion

Hmm I dunno, the show seems to confirm that theory with that line from Kemper “it seems everything you know about serial killers is gleaned from ones that have been caught” (or something to that effect)