Turn your Wii into a fantastic emulation machine

5 minutes ago, Ninja Doctor said:

I’ve never messed with priiloder so can’t talk about that. Does the regular Wii home screen see the sd card?

Yes no problem there...

Maybe see if you can update the home brew channel.

I doubt it’s a card issue.

Probably something funny going on with the ios thingys and the home brew channel. Maybe installing priiloader nerfed something. you could always try uninstalling priiloader and we if that fixes it. 

19 minutes ago, Ninja Doctor said:

Probably something funny going on with the ios thingys and the home brew channel. Maybe installing priiloader nerfed something. you could always try uninstalling priiloader and we if that fixes it. 

I expect you are right... Not sure how to get back to the default state now... Can't even seem to run through the process again as the Wii won't read the SD card to install the bomb thingy... :huh: Fun and games.... :D 

10 minutes ago, Ninja Doctor said:

Open the home brew channel and see if it will connect online and update

Have that it connects to the network. No options to update though in any of the menus.... Think it's foobarred.

Not sure how I can actually reinstall homebrew again. The hack doesn't seem to work. I cannot update the system software to wipe over my changes and couldn't back up the NAND before I put priloader on.

Not a huge problem as it still works as a regular Wii console so it is functional. Just all the mods that are not working well except priloader :)

OK so I deleted the homebrew channel and data.

Tried the letterbomb trick and it doesn't work. However the priloader is seeing the SD card and o can install things from there however not sure how I get the HomeBrew stuff to install from Priloader! Wow this is complex. Think I will just leave it :) This is a time sink.... Just wanted to have my games on a memory stick rather than on disks! 

Going to have to leave it for the time being just want to play some games.... :D

I'd downgrade the security on your router to WPA, or no security at all (just for 5 minutes) then connect the Wii to the wifi, and follow the prompts to do a official install of the latest firmware. then start again using the guide.  I've modded many Wii consoles for friends and never had a problem.  Also check the Wiibrew links in the OP, there's a page of compatible SD cards, maybe worth a check to see if that's the problem (although I see you have tried a few).

I formatted my SD card in Windows 10 and had no problems but I think it might have been Fat32 before, so maybe use the SD Formatted utility mentioned earlier to be sure.

7 hours ago, dumpster said:

I'd downgrade the security on your router to WPA, or no security at all (just for 5 minutes) then connect the Wii to the wifi, and follow the prompts to do a official install of the latest firmware. then start again using the guide.  I've modded many Wii consoles for friends and never had a problem.  Also check the Wiibrew links in the OP, there's a page of compatible SD cards, maybe worth a check to see if that's the problem (although I see you have tried a few).

I formatted my SD card in Windows 10 and had no problems but I think it might have been Fat32 before, so maybe use the SD Formatted utility mentioned earlier to be sure.

I've tried that too! Issue I have is that it already is at the latest version of the firmware :-/ so it doesn't update it :D The only time I want the latest firmware and it decides not to update it LOL. 

As for SD cards I think that they are fine. It was all working OK until I put the MMM package on. Or formatted a SD Card on Windows 10 (not that that should cause an issue really). I even tried a USB stick same issue. HBC detected the devices but won't show any of the apps. It must have glitched somehow.

Wonder if I can download the firmware refresh from somewhere they used to do this on the PS3 I think but not sure if Nintendo did this....

Edit OK had a look around it seems like a WAD file for v4.3E of the firmware is what I need. Nintendo did updates through the console via the internet and also via the game disks themselves. So either need to figure out how to get this WAD firmware patch file from one of my game disks or hunt around the internet.... 

@MattyPI can't test this at the moment because I'm out, but this link from the OP I think will let you replace your OS with an old version from Nintendo servers, which will then allow you you to use the official update method to go to the latest version. Then you can start  then to start with the mod process. http://wiibrew.org/wiki/NUS_Downloader

I'll have a proper look later when I get home.

1 hour ago, dumpster said:

@MattyPI can't test this at the moment because I'm out, but this link from the OP I think will let you replace your OS with an old version from Nintendo servers, which will then allow you you to use the official update method to go to the latest version. Then you can start  then to start with the mod process. http://wiibrew.org/wiki/NUS_Downloader

I'll have a proper look later when I get home.

@dumpster Much appreciated! Would be great to get this sorted! :)

Decided to pick up another Wii and have a go with that one and stop messing with my current one! Don't want to brick it besides will be nice to have a vanilla one and a modded one! Also later on for spares too. Managed the pick one up with three games etc for £40 they are so cheap these days. Price of a PS4 game :D

edir This one also has been modified and has Priloader on it! I was hoping that it would be a clean machine. At least I can tinker around with this one and reset the firmware etc! Now to figure out how to install WAD files without the homebrew channel. This is turning into quite the project :)

And...still nothing showing in the Homebrew channel. 

Has to be something to do with the format of the SD Cards.... Jeez. My windows build is this:-

image.png.a16c109c4f1fe2b56cc942c595117135.png

Wonder if its something in Windows that is causing this.... 

Used this formatter.

The odd thing is that one of my cards has worked in the past!!! I installed MMM with it and Priloader.... Really strange. Think when I formatted it in Windows 10 it did something to it.... tried various formatting tools (including the one you have linked too!). Nothing has worked!

Completely weird... The only other thing is that my memory stick adapter thing I'm plugging into the PC is faulty somehow (doubt it but never rule anything out!).

I have a USB memory stick (16GB) can you create a apps folder on that and will HBC pick it up... noticed it has USB options in the menu....

EDIT: Well just formatted the card on a Windows 8 machine -  also tried a USB stick.  Neither worked. This is getting kind of infuriating now. But must solve this problem :D

1 hour ago, dumpster said:

Got to be the SD card. Get down cex and spend a tenner on 5 random 2gb cards. They have a 48 hour money back policy!

Sadly don't think this will solve it. I've got 5 SD cards here all of various sizes (including a 2GB one!) and one did work however now doesn't. Which Is why I think its a formatting issue on WIndows. Just not sure what it could be.

6 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Sadly don't think this will solve it. I've got 5 SD cards here all of various sizes (including a 2GB one!) and one did work however now doesn't. Which Is why I think its a formatting issue on WIndows. Just not sure what it could be.

Try that SD formatter from the link earlier and let us know how you get on. 

JUST GOT IT WORKING!!!!

OK so redownloaded all the mods again into a different folder on my PC. Copied them over again and hey presto it worked. Still not sure what the issue was. Probably corrupt downloads perhaps or bad blocks on the drive I was copying them too who knows. But it works! Thank you all for the hints with this also thanks to @dumpster for posting the original topic! 

Might be worth adding a few things to the original topic first post....

You can also use this technique if letterbomb doesn't work or you don't have an SD card to hand.

https://wii.guide/str2hax.html

You need to change your DNS settings and have a network connection. Just follow the instructions and DO NOT click any buttons on the screen when the blue background with a pony shows up. Just leave it for a couple of minutes to download and start patching the exploit in. Works a treat.

The other thing I found is that SDHC cards work fine for the LetterBomb hack. Just make sure they are formatted to FAT32 (as all storage devices need to be when connecting to the Wii).

This is awesome BTW just popped a 64GB USB stick in the back of the Wii and installed my favourite Wii games onto it. Easy to go bonkers and put lots of titles but then you end up with paralysis of choice so wanted to minimise that and curate a collection of games. Great to have everything on solid state and not rely on the aging drive inside of my Wii. Now also sorted out my original Wii so have two modded Wiis! Great to have a spare I guess! :) Will have one hooked up to the man den and one in the lounge for Wii Fit / Wii sports etc ie games that take more space.