Jump to content
rllmuk
Harsin

Xbox Game Pass

Recommended Posts

On the subject of Gamepass for PC, does anyone have an issue with it continually installing games you no longer want?!

 

It keeps installing Outer Worlds and Halo Master Chief collection even though I uninstalled them (and keep doing so every time they reinstall).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RubberJohnny said:

No, that sounds weird.

 

Maybe try removing them in the Windows Store instead?


yeah I’ve tried that, I’ve switched off automatic updates... it’s really odd?! Maybe it’s my PC’s way of telling me to complete Outer Worlds instead of giving up on it?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, StoooTube said:


yeah I’ve tried that, I’ve switched off automatic updates... it’s really odd?! Maybe it’s my PC’s way of telling me to complete Outer Worlds instead of giving up on it?!

 

I think it is related to the double install bug. The game pass app can allocate multiple chunks of drive space to the same game, if the installation fails. It may be that the app is detecting the failed install and attempting to complete the install. Just a theory on the later but the double failed install is a known issue.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone played Ticket to Ride? Such a frustrating game. Most of the content is behind a paywall, the controls are really twitchy for such a simple game, and the tutorial is one of the worst committed to any game ever. Tells you what to press without ever explaining anything. I have figured it out now, but the game does not make it easy at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/03/2020 at 14:31, StoooTube said:

On the subject of Gamepass for PC, does anyone have an issue with it continually installing games you no longer want?!

 

It keeps installing Outer Worlds and Halo Master Chief collection even though I uninstalled them (and keep doing so every time they reinstall).

 

 

I had it send me a notification (on my phone) the other morning that Operencias installation had started. Bit odd as I'd been playing it for the last few days and it was leaving Gamepass that day too :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Skull Commander said:

Anyone played Ticket to Ride? Such a frustrating game. Most of the content is behind a paywall, the controls are really twitchy for such a simple game, and the tutorial is one of the worst committed to any game ever. Tells you what to press without ever explaining anything. I have figured it out now, but the game does not make it easy at all. 


ticket to rides other content is just additional maps. They’re not essential, and it’s been their monetisation strategy both digitally and physically forever.

im not sure the base game is particularly expensive because of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

Near or tomato is a good consolation for Resi 3 not arriving yet.

 

Cool, think I'll give tomato a go.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: still playing Surge 2! Turns out playing an (relatively) easy soulslike is very relaxing in these trying times. And after the trauma inflicted by Sekiro :(Making slow progress because I barely get around to playing being the father of a lovely but oh so energetic toddler, but after the intro, the central city hub, the harbour, I'm now rampaging through Gideon's Rock. So far so good, still fully expect a difficulty spike because souls but because it's game pass I don't mind. I'll just move on to the next goodness :D

 

Also, I most likely never ever would have tried Surge 2 without game pass!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

edit ....removed post was for the main Xbox thread not this one

Edited by papalazarou
Wrong thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus, has anybody tried Totally Reliable Delivery Service? I think they based the physics off if you were on the moon and didn't have a skeleton inside your body. It's so frustrating to control. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SteveH said:

Jesus, has anybody tried Totally Reliable Delivery Service? I think they based the physics off if you were on the moon and didn't have a skeleton inside your body. It's so frustrating to control. 

I was hoping it would be like Human: Fall Flat which I’ve spent many hours playing co-op with my kids.

It’s fun for a little while, but HFF provided more laughs...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SteveH said:

Jesus, has anybody tried Totally Reliable Delivery Service? I think they based the physics off if you were on the moon and didn't have a skeleton inside your body. It's so frustrating to control. 

 

1 hour ago, StoooTube said:

I was hoping it would be like Human: Fall Flat which I’ve spent many hours playing co-op with my kids.

It’s fun for a little while, but HFF provided more laughs...


Whilst it’s the sort of thing that would drive me mad due to the frustrating controls my kids spent hours on it yesterday and are finding it hilarious. Although this seems more to be messing around in the environment a la goat simulator then actually delivering any parcels.

 

 Your mileage therefore may vary

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I swear Microsoft keep looking at whatever game I currently playing as to which ones they remove from Game Pass each month. First was Shadow of Tomb Raider, which I managed to complete, Deus Ex which I didn't so bought and now currently Prey....

  • Empathy 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Tonald Drump said:

I swear Microsoft keep looking at whatever game I currently playing as to which ones they remove from Game Pass each month. First was Shadow of Tomb Raider, which I managed to complete, Deus Ex which I didn't so bought and now currently Prey....

 

Looks like I've got off without having to worry this month, nothing I want to play that I haven't got or completed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that Ace Combat may have some of the worst writing and acting in a game that I’ve ever seen and I’ve only played the first mission. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, dreamylittledream said:

 


Whilst it’s the sort of thing that would drive me mad due to the frustrating controls my kids spent hours on it yesterday and are finding it hilarious. Although this seems more to be messing around in the environment a la goat simulator then actually delivering any parcels.

 

 Your mileage therefore may vary


My two girls (age 10 and 4) are having the best time playing this game in co-op! Which is great as it means I get to play Animal Crossing on my eldest daughter’s neglected Switch!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/04/2020 at 14:42, Mr. Gerbik said:

Update: still playing Surge 2! Turns out playing an (relatively) easy soulslike is very relaxing in these trying times. And after the trauma inflicted by Sekiro :(Making slow progress because I barely get around to playing being the father of a lovely but oh so energetic toddler, but after the intro, the central city hub, the harbour, I'm now rampaging through Gideon's Rock. So far so good, still fully expect a difficulty spike because souls but because it's game pass I don't mind. I'll just move on to the next goodness :D

 

Also, I most likely never ever would have tried Surge 2 without game pass!

I think I jinxed it! :lol: I posted the above right after completing the main quest in Gideon's Rock, about to face the big bad boss for the first time. And what do you know, he's the difficulty spike! Well, I had a lot of fun while it lasted. Tried the boss far more times than I expected and I think I would eventually get lucky - he doesn't seem impossible - but alas no patience for that right now. I had so much fun, I might even go back to it someday. 

 

Onwards to the next game! (i.e. what can I play while waiting for FF7R)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

 

Onwards to the next game! (i.e. what can I play while waiting for FF7R)

My copy of Disaster Report 4 turned up today...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

My copy of Disaster Report 4 turned up today...

:checks release dates: Oh. Guess I'm waiting until Tuesday to play the digital version of Disaster Report 4 instead :lol: Didn't realize they were coming out so close together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had Tacoma and Oxenfree on my playlist ever since getting Game Pass, since I was in for something short I decided to give Tacoma a go. Sadly, it didn't grab me at all :( Boring was how I'd describe it. Oxenfree however, that's brilliant! So far at least. Lovely artwork, intriguing story, fun dialogue choices, good voice acting, yep I'm sold. Really want to see how this plays out. Also, fuck Clarissa.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished Oxenfree on the Mac last week myself as it happens. I've had it on the Xbox (purchased) for about 18 months and false started on it a few times, however I picked up the Mac version for free on the Epic games store and used it as a lunch break pass time and did it over a single work week. Enjoyed it on the whole, mostly for the reasons you describe :) 

 

Weirdly I downloaded Tacoma last weekend as well (along with Talos Principle) but have got distracted from both by the brutal joy of slow-mo kills in Sniper Elite 4. Although based on what you've said I perhaps shouldn't rush to get to Tacoma after all. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just what I thought of it, it just didn't grab me. Try it, maybe you'll like it. Coincidentally I fired up Sniper Elite 4 for a bit before starting Tacoma but in the end decided to play a shorter game instead :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you liked Oxenfree there is a decent chance you'd like Tacoma, I did.  Its story is better than Gerbik has probably got far enough to experience.

 

But it's not an action game even by Oxenfree standards so that's fair enough.

 

If you have it downloaded and it's a freebie from here, play it if you liked any of Oxenfree, Gone Home, Edith Finch etc.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the moment I'm knackered both physically and mentally, so it could very well be that it just wasn't the right time to try Tacoma for me. I love Gone Home and Oxenfree so I might try it again once I'm feeling better.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dudley said:

If you liked Oxenfree there is a decent chance you'd like Tacoma, I did.  Its story is better than Gerbik has probably got far enough to experience.

 

But it's not an action game even by Oxenfree standards so that's fair enough.

 

If you have it downloaded and it's a freebie from here, play it if you liked any of Oxenfree, Gone Home, Edith Finch etc.

 

Hmm, I thought Oxenfree has a really interesting premise and builds a nice atmosphere, though slightly is let down by the ending.


Tacoma I just thought was boring, with quite a slow-burn setup (not easy in such a short game) then it's all over in a flash. I didn't like it and felt it completely wasting a really intriguing setting.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.