Xbox Game Pass

Microsoft should show its support towards us poor people in nationwide lockdowns and release Control on Game Pass right now.

Edit: Free pr blurb if Phil is reading this: Pass the time with Game Pass! Take control of your lockdown time by playing Control, courtesy of Microsoft and Remedy Entertainment - because the best remedy is entertainment! 

On 11/03/2020 at 11:05, Dudley said:

Yeah, it doesn't help because you guys don't have it but of the two on the PC, TSW is the one we don't play.

What is the one you do play then? I managed to play a bit of TSW the other day and there's something rather serene about it all that is quite enjoyable. I see there is Train Simulator 2020 (which has an unbelievable 568 bits of DLC) - which seems to be less well-received. Is there another game?

Ace Combat 7!

...although I'll have to buy Lego Worlds now it's leaving as my 5 year old loves it.

...it is a double edged sword, this... Game Pass.

Jesus. I literally just bought The Surge 2 this morning.

I was going to put a gag in here that no one needed to buy it, as my purchase guaranteed it would be on Gamepass.

I’m a fucking digital Nostradamus.

I bought Ace Combat 7 months ago and played it for an hour. It's good. 

Although it reminds me to not buy any games unless I'm going to play them. Got a massive backlog I'm just going to sell. 

28 minutes ago, theredstar said:

I was going to put a gag in here that no one needed to buy it, as my purchase guaranteed it would be on Gamepass.

I was going to buy it when I got home, so thanks for biting the bullet for me. 

I bought an Xbox One X to tide me through the outbreak and as a recent Game Pass convert, took advantage of the offer to get 36 months of Game Pass Ultimate for £1 (plus Gold subscription fees). 

Are the rewards quests actually worth doing?

3 minutes ago, Isaac said:

I bought an Xbox One X to tide me through the outbreak and as a recent Game Pass convert, took advantage of the offer to get 36 months of Game Pass Ultimate for £1 (plus Gold subscription fees). 

You can build up a fair bit of credit if you keep up with the Microsoft Rewards. If you cash them in when credit is on offer, you can usually get £5 credit for around 5000 reward points. Or you can save them towards your Gamepass subscription if you want. It's worth it if you're willing to put about 10 minutes worth of effort in it every day. 

1 hour ago, theredstar said:

Ask for a refund. MS support are usually pretty good about that kind of thing.

2 hours ago, Isaac said:

The Game Pass Quests like "Play a different Game Pass game" are abit crap now but the Weekly ones you can stack are definitely worth doing. As are the MS Rewards daily stuff you can do on Edge and your phone. Someone on here last year suggested doing the 1 pound deal, then save your points and cash them in towards the new Xbox console when it comes out. I've got 65000 points now and hoping to knock £100+ off when its released.

1 minute ago, Orion said:

The Game Pass Quests like play a different Game Pass game are abit crap now but the Weekly ones you can stack are definitely worth doing. As are the MS Rewards daily stuff you can do on Edge and your phone. Someone on here last year suggested doing the 1 pound deal, then save your points and cash them in towards the new Xbox console when it comes out. I've got 65000 points now and hoping to knock £100+ off when its released.

What are the daily quests? Sorry I'm totally new to all this. Is there a guide in the first post?

15 minutes ago, Isaac said:

What are the daily quests? Sorry I'm totally new to all this. Is there a guide in the first post?

The daily quests are in the MS Rewards app on your console. It should have its own blade if you scroll down from Home. They are simple "play a Game Pass game" type stuff. In that app theres an option for you to cash them in.

The daily MS Rewards stuff is on Bing. Sign up to Bing and link your Xbox account. You do things like 30 searchs a day and quizzes for points. Takes about 5 minutes to do them all.

Sorry can't link but the Microsoft Rewards reddit has a FAQ pinned at the top, loads of good info.