rllmuk
Harsin

Xbox Game Pass

2 hours ago, Dudley said:

I'm having the same issue with KH1, combined with a lack of direction.  And the fact that early on it spends time being a 3d platformer with PSX era controls and camera.

That and constantly respawning enemies when I'm trying to explore the first town and I'm thinking this game might not be for me.

The jump from KH1 to KH2 is significant . You need KH1 for the story, but in terms of game play it has aged badly . KH 2 is much better but you might need to play KH 1 to appreciate just how much better it is . 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

I always thought the Yakuza games were only on PlayStation.

Not a fan of the Wii U versions?

31 minutes ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

I always thought the Yakuza games were only on PlayStation. Surprised to see Yakuza 0 on the Xbox.

26 minutes ago, PyramidFace said:

Or the PC versions?

33 minutes ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

I always thought the Yakuza games were only on PlayStation. Surprised to see Yakuza 0 on the Xbox.

28 minutes ago, PyramidFace said:

1 minute ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Or the PC versions?

Or the IOS/Android versions?

Yakuza-Online-Announce_08-26-17.jpg

35 minutes ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

They were and now they aren't 

I seriously may have to consider ditching game pass. It's making me treat games as if they're dodgy tapes from the Spectrum days with millions of games on them.

The amount of games I've been interested in, started and then abandoned due to almost nowt is ridiculous. Even games I'd ordinarily have been well into. 

I've actually gone back to playing Nioh again, because I actually have some £ value attached to that.

How do I get over this? It's really annoying.

For me, I play one 'Big' game and one 'Small' game and play them until I've had my fill. At the minute I'm playing Doom 2016 and Demons Tilt. Before that was Remnant: From The Ashes and Steamworld Dig 2. Next up is either Wolfenstein Youngblood or Yakuza Zero with Children of Morta as my smaller choice.

It's not about completing them, for me. I'm playing them until I've had enough and moving on. I've been playing Doom on and off for about 9 months. I'm pretty close to the end now so will stick it out until it's done. Just don't play too much in one go. 

7 minutes ago, El Spatula said:

I seriously may have to consider ditching game pass. It's making me treat games as if they're dodgy tapes from the Spectrum days with millions of games on them.

The amount of games I've been interested in, started and then abandoned due to almost nowt is ridiculous. Even games I'd ordinarily have been well into. 

I've actually gone back to playing Nioh again, because I actually have some £ value attached to that.

Don't kid yourself that you are playing Nioh because it has value, you aren't. You are playing Nioh because you enjoy it and there is nothing wrong with that. Don't beat yourself up about enjoying a game just because you perceive that you have other games that you should be playing.

• Upvote 3

I've played Nioh like 4 times or something though and actively have a bunch of gamepass stuff I want to play. My brain has a weird cognitive dissonance with Game Pass games. Halo Reach which I was looking forward to playing for ages got ditched after 5 minutes as the sound annoyed me. 

1 hour ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

2 hours ago, El Spatula said:

Ditch Gamepass and just buy the games you want to play and play them. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, El Spatula said:

I deliberately limit the games I have downloaded to (usually) a max of three across different genres. So I might have an FPS, narrative and a platformer on there. Then I force myself to only play those until I've decided I'm definitely "done", delete them and download the next one in the queue. 

There are a few that have slipped through the net (Slay the Spire and Rocket League for example are on there for regular 'dip in' play) but in principle this works for me. It also helps with the Netflix syndrome of staring at a massive list of things to consider for longer than actually watching (in this instance playing) things.

With great power comes great responsibility. :D

The intro movie to Yakuza Zero is better than the whole half hour I ended up wasting with Kingdom Hearts 3 last night.

(I don’t really care whether I get my non-money’s worth and just end up playing Slay The Spire instead - I’d already chosen not to buy Yakuza Zero on PS4, so if I like it it’s just a bonus. I got on well with Cities Skylines, Prey etc..)

• Upvote 1

I loved Yakuza 0 but I'm not sure I need another 6 games of what appears to be basically identical gameplay in basically identical worlds judging from what I've seen in videos.

17 minutes ago, Dudley said:

I loved Yakuza 0 but I'm not sure I need another 6 games of what appears to be basically identical gameplay in basically identical worlds judging from what I've seen in videos.

I love the series and always highly recommend the entire saga, but what you say is fair enough. That's the beauty of Yakuza 0; it's not only the best entry point, it's also the best one, and it totally works as a standalone game if you don't want to commit to an entire series worth of Yakuza goodness.

Yeah, and what I imagine I'll do is when, in a year or two I quite fancy replaying Yakuza 0, I might just play Yakuza 1 instead.

• Upvote 1

On 24/02/2020 at 22:11, ann coulter said:

Two Point Hospital is superb. They absolutely nailed the Theme Hospital feel. It really feels like playing a modernised Theme Hospital with more sophisticated customisation.

This is like crack! The patients who...

Spoiler

Turn into mid 80's Freddie Mercury had me in knots! 

• Upvote 3

23 hours ago, Dudley said:

5 is worth a play if only for the fact that it has more locations, so breaks up the repetitiveness of it.

• Upvote 1

On 26/02/2020 at 15:53, BeeJay said:

Don't kid yourself that you are playing Nioh because it has value, you aren't. You are playing Nioh because you enjoy it and there is nothing wrong with that. Don't beat yourself up about enjoying a game just because you perceive that you have other games that you should be playing.

So true, we all know the games we really love and the ones we’d happily shell out for at pretty much any cost. 

I'm enjoying Yakuza 0. Its main story is very well written and some of the voice acting is incredible especially the mob bosses. 

The main area seems to be tiny compared to pretty much any modern open world game and I'm getting attacked every ten yards I walk down any street. The side stuff like pool and baseball also got old really fast. I'm guessing thats par for the course for the series. The side stories though are completely bonkers and fun to make up for it and it has alot of charm.  

28 minutes ago, Orion said:

I'm enjoying Yakuza 0. Its main story is very well written and some of the voice acting is incredible especially the mob bosses. 

The main area seems to be tiny compared to pretty much any modern open world game and I'm getting attacked every ten yards I walk down any street. The side stuff like pool and baseball also got old really fast. I'm guessing thats par for the course for the series. The side stories though are completely bonkers and fun to make up for it and it has alot of charm.  

The games are all about the side-stories and activities, and just sort of getting lost in the city. The main story is well produced, but largely ignorable. You can also get items that reduce your chances of getting attacked which I'd probably recommend if you just want to enjoy the side-stories. 

On 26/02/2020 at 16:44, El Spatula said:

Cancel your subscription? I don’t have GamePass for pretty much the above reason.

Pikuniku is great. Totally off the wall. 

• Upvote 2

Updated leaving soon list

• Deus Ex: Mankind Divided 
  • Lichtspeer Double Speer Edition 
  • Shenmue I
  • Shenmue II 
  • Thimbleweed Park 

Deus Ex was on my list. Is it worth a last minute dash at it?

3 minutes ago, FiveFootNinja said:

Deus Ex was on my list. Is it worth a last minute dash at it?

Absolutely, yeah. 

• Upvote 1