Xbox Game Pass

7 hours ago, deerokus said:

The thing Division 2 does of using the many museums around Washington as the locations for lots of the story missions is a really bloody clever trick. Lets the developers really vary the environment massively - one mission is in an elaborate Vietnam exhibit, another in a mocked up TV studio - and gives you cool shit to look at every time. It's a very good game too. 

Made me think a Division 3 in London would work well. Also I want to go to Washington DC and visit some of the museums. 

You really should. It did help that it came out the year after I’d spent four days wandering around the federal triangle visiting museums so could properly appreciate the recreation.

(I doubt they’re going anywhere near London given Watchdogs Cockney Edition)

Yeah, I've played Morta for a few hours today, first on my Xbox then on my PC and it's great. Considering a Switch purchase as it just feels like a game suited for that, though performance on the S, specifically loading times, and occasional long frames make me wonder how it fares on Switch.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Fargo said:

So I have 24 months of Xbox live stacked but when I upgrade to game pass ultimate it says I’ll be charged 12.99 rather that 1 euro. What am I doing wrong ?

Still shows me for £1 on this link

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/xbox-game-pass-ultimate/cfq7ttc0khs0?activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab

Have you ever had Gamepass Ultimate though? if you had it and let it lapse you cant get the deal on that account again.

30 minutes ago, MattKB said:

Frostpunk is super hard. I’ve tried three times but it always goes tits up after a few hours of playtime. It’s good and immersive though. 

It's sort of designed that way, it's a survival strategy game, those are generally all about failing in a fun way until you learn the optimal approach. 

2 hours ago, Fargo said:

So I have 24 months of Xbox live stacked but when I upgrade to game pass ultimate it says I’ll be charged 12.99 rather that 1 euro. What am I doing wrong ?

Are you sure it's not telling what the monthly charge will be when your current 24 months runs out?

8 hours ago, Hitcher said:

Are you sure it's not telling what the monthly charge will be when your current 24 months runs out?

You’re  right, it looks like I won't be charged 12.99 until 2022

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Fargo said:

I had this, it was defaulting to the £12.99 for 3-month offer when I loaded the page. I just clicked “change plan” (or whatever it’s called) and you could then select the 1-month for £1 there instead and it worked as described.

Was a bit squeaky bum for a second though as I’d just topped up the full 36 months! 

So I've downloaded Dirt 2.0, Pillars of Eternity, Hellblade, and the Outer Worlds. I'm going to have to be very disciplined to avoid just playing short stints of games before moving on to something else! 

Children of Morta is very good tbh.  Really holding my attention and scratching that one more run itch. Character unlocks are handled nicely and it's got a good set of powers to upgrade across the characters and the family.

Gamepass once again proving its worth. 

• Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

21 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Time to top up if you haven't already!

It's cheaper to buy the standard 3 month Game PAss codes from CDKeys: Standard Affiliate

Buy 3 of them at £8 each. It translates to 6 months GPU for £24. 

• Upvote 6
28 minutes ago, Pelekophoros said:

I could only get one of those to work on my account. Dunno if their webstore was having a bad day, but MS wouldn't let me redeem more than one.

Would that second code put you over the three year limit?

• Upvote 1

Nope, I paid month to month until I put the first code in, so it only took me to April this year. I bought 4 codes in total, and had to get refunds on 3 of them.

(The MS website said was offer was for new customers only, so I haven't kept trying and trying since that)

11 minutes ago, Pelekophoros said:

Nope, I paid month to month until I put the first code in, so it only took me to April this year. I bought 4 codes in total, and had to get refunds on 3 of them.

(The MS website said was offer was for new customers only, so I haven't kept trying and trying since that)

CDKeys at one point had 3 month codes that were cheap for first customers only. A friend of mine bought 3 of those above earlier today and they worked for him.

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, Mr Tony said:

CDKeys at one point had 3 month codes that were cheap for first customers only. A friend of mine bought 3 of those above earlier today and they worked for him.

Yeah, that's what I had a week or two ago.

Right, gimme a minute...

edit: Seems to work! Awesome! Thank you.

• Upvote 1

Original fat fuck model. I saw some mention of similar problems in the switch version resolved by rebooting the system so I'll try the game again later. 

Frostpunk (same developer I think), however, is fantastic. One of the most gloriously depressing games I've ever played! 

Edit: not same developer, the developer of Frostpunk is also the publisher of Morta. 

On 20/01/2020 at 16:40, deerokus said:

Original fat fuck model. I saw some mention of similar problems in the switch version resolved by rebooting the system so I'll try the game again later. 

For what it's worth, I'm playing on an X and Children of Morta definitely has moment where it struggles, stutters, and I get those weird white horizontal/vertical lines occasionally that others have mentioned. Nothing I can't look past, as the game is excellent, but not a game I'd have expected any performance issues on a regular Xbox One, let alone an X.