rllmuk
Harsin

Xbox Game Pass

I optimistically signed up for this yesterday forgetting that I've got a shiiiiiiiiite net connection. Currently 60% into a 100gb Halo 5 download after 18 hours. I doubt I'll renew.

Nice idea though, if you're living with a modern network infrastructure. 

3 hours ago, BoggyB said:

I optimistically signed up for this yesterday forgetting that I've got a shiiiiiiiiite net connection. Currently 60% into a 100gb Halo 5 download after 18 hours. I doubt I'll renew.

Nice idea though, if you're living with a modern network infrastructure. 

I did this too, just before christmas. Spent significantly more time downloading than playing during the trial. I did play a fair bit of this war of mine to be fair.

Do you get a fortnight or a months free game pass trial with an Xbox One X?  I wasn't going to bother with it and left the card in the box which is now buried in the loft, but now I'm quite interested.  If it is just a fortnight, then I can just do that through the dash to save going up the loft.  It would be too much to expect the free trials to stack too, right?

5 minutes ago, Stejay said:

Do you get a fortnight or a months free game pass trial with an Xbox One X?  I wasn't going to bother with it and left the card in the box which is now buried in the loft, but now I'm quite interested.  If it is just a fortnight, then I can just do that through the dash to save going up the loft.  It would be too much to expect the free trials to stack too, right?

I think everyone gets a free month? 

Yeah One X is a month.

20180204_121621.jpg

Someone should try those codes btw. I input them but having both Game Pass and live already it knocked them back, so they may still be valid. Someone who doesn't already have the codes say in the loft lol, and someone who has never signed up to either before as I don't think you can use them if you have. Post here if they work for whoever please.

• Upvote 3

I cancelled my Gold sub about 18 months ago and stopped using Xbox altogether. 

If I jump back on the X train and resub will I get access to all my old purchases AND all the gold stuff I picked up before?

2 minutes ago, Revival said:

As long as you sign in on the same Gamertag yep.

Ace. Ta. 

Where is the cheapest place to get 12 months at the momemt?

2 hours ago, amc said:

Someone who doesn't already have the codes say in the loft lol

Yes, I know it sounds incredibly lazy of me! My loft is a chaotic mess though.

5 hours ago, amc said:

Someone should try those codes btw. I input them but having both Game Pass and live already it knocked them back, so they may still be valid. Someone who doesn't already have the codes say in the loft lol, and someone who has never signed up to either before as I don't think you can use them if you have. Post here if they work for whoever please.

Well, someone tried the gamepass code because it's been redeemed. Thanks to you from them, I guess!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gossi the dog said:

Or you could buy a second hand copy for around the cost of a one month subscription...

Yeah, but you can play far more than just Tomb Raider for that price, and is it really a keeper anyway?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JPL said:

Yeah, but you can play far more than just Tomb Raider for that price, and is it really a keeper anyway?

You need to play a lot to get value from it. For example you could buy a second hand copy of Rise for £12 from cex and trade it back in once done for an £8 credit note.

Just now, gossi the dog said:

You need to play a lot to get value from it. 

Do you think? I thought it was pretty competitively priced. I suppose it depends how much you play though, like you say. I haven’t subscribed myself yet, as I’m just not playing very much at the moment. I’m sure it a bargain for some folk though.

10 hours ago, gossi the dog said:

You need to play a lot to get value from it. For example you could buy a second hand copy of Rise for £12 from cex and trade it back in once done for an £8 credit note.

It's probably a good thing that there are 169 games available then. If you're looking to buy ROTTR for £12 and sell it on for £8 (in store credit too), why not spend £4 extra and have access to 168 other games for a month in addition to ROTTR? 

12 hours ago, gossi the dog said:

Or you could buy a second hand copy for around the cost of a one month subscription...

You will always get this argument about subscription services. They are not going to be for everyone but to many people they’re of tremendous value. ROTTR has been on my ‘I should play that’ list for a while and everything I look it never seems cheap enough for me to impulse buy it. This is perfect and it will be getting played. 

They really want to be advertising this shit out of Sea of Thieves this month and slapping the fact that you get it on a game pass sub front and centre. 

See, with this, GwG, PS+, EA Access - I'm not actually bothered about buying games any longer. I worked out those subs are cheaper than what is spent on average buying games across the year. 

The only system I'll buy new games on is the Switch, but even then the small few we have will see us good for a long time yet.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bradigor said:

See, with this, GwG, PS+, EA Access - I'm not actually bothered about buying games any longer. I worked out those subs are cheaper than what is spent on average buying games across the year. 

The only system I'll buy new games on is the Switch, but even then the small few we have will see us good for a long time yet.

I actually scrapped EA access recently. The only game I didn't own digital that I played regularly was BF4, and that was £3.75 in the recent sale, so picked that up and sacked off the subscription.

I might pick it up again later this year for the next BF 10 hour trial. I'm not going in blind like I did with BF1, that was a HUGE letdown for me.

I'm in the same boat though, unless it's something specific that I want, I'm rental/sub only now. Any game purchases are for the Switch (never thought I'd use a Nintendo console so much).

I've signed up, 

Downloaded the Resident Evil 1 remake, might have a run through the Bioshocks again too

Certainly going to keep it for a couple of months and see how Sea Of Theives i

17 hours ago, mdn2 said:

Apparently Game Pass is getting Rise of the Tomb Raider next month. 

any chance that could be the master chief collection?

i would love that, never got around to buying it cos im a cheap-ass

13 hours ago, Halo said:

I think we've found out why Games With Gold has gone down the drain.

Dunno. Split second is the first GwG title I’ve really played since Ryse, and since it’s far better than Ryse also the first I’ve played as much as I’d play a retail release.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Halo said:

I think we've found out why Games With Gold has gone down the drain.

When was the golden age? I don't recall a period when they regularly had anything I wanted to play. 

• Downvote 1

57 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

When was the golden age? I don't recall a period when they regularly had anything I wanted to play. 

2015 to 2016 they did give away quite a few retail releases such as Tomb Raider, Sunset Overdrive, The Crew, Sleeping Dogs etc. But then if you’d have wanted to play them you’d probably have bought them in the first place.

2 hours ago, Wahwah* said:

Thought it was fine until about mid-2017.