rllmuk
Harsin

Xbox Game Pass

1 hour ago, danbot said:

A bitter fanboy manbaby. Damn, that's a bit of a shame.

Not as much of a shame as a forum that thinks it's ok to pigeonhole people who want to question something beyond the most basic train of thought. It's no wonder so many members have left in the last few years. There's no debates anymore just lazy irrelevant red marks which mean nothing.

You don't see Nate calling out people for saying genuine shite like a free Uncharted collection on PSPlus is worth more than the entire store contents of another system or the other recent gem in the PS5 topic about 'balanced' systems with lower investment being better because stupid.  But when someone points out and says there isn't much variety in Playstation's first party.... oh no... we can't be having that because pointless system wars and insecurity.

• Downvote 12
  • Empathy 1

That was literally one person's remark about Uncharted being worth more than GamePass and they were (correctly) ridiculed for it. Plenty of folk were commenting on the trilogy not holding up as well today.

I think you're projecting a little when it comes to how much other folk care about one daft toy over another.

Anyway, the moral of the story is: Game Pass is very good value.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, The Mighty Ash said:

They have said the next forza is at a  playable stage already.

Super, let's allow that as an "Arcade Racing Game" (I'm about the only one here he's getting that by).  What's all the other games?

Gamepass is the reason I'm probably going to switch from Playstation to Xbox next generation, assuming the service remains such high value come launch.

I'll likely get a PS5 once Japanese third party exclusives start to hit (the equivalent of this gen's Bloodborne, Dragon Quest XI, Persona 5 etc) but I'm struggling to think of any first party Sony franchises I have an interest in. Uncharted, Last of Us, Spiderman, Horizon, Killzone, Gran Turismo - none of them are my thing. New God of War is the only game I can think of that I'd want. Are there other first party teams/franchises I'm forgetting about here? Is Team ICO still a thing?

This isn't really the thread, I guess.

• Upvote 2

@Dudley

Flight Simulators - MS Flight Sim 2020
RTS - Wasteland 3, Wasteland Remastered, AOE4
VS Fighter - KI (Hopefully they start again or invest in SF6 this time around) Would rather SF6 was multiformat though
Scrolling Beat em up - Battletoads
Arena Fighters - Bleeding Edge 
Metroidvanias - Ori & the Will of the Wisps
Management Sim/Survival - Grounded 
RPG's - Playground's Fable, Outer Worlds 2
Open world Pirate games - Sea of Thieves
Survival Horror/Stealth - We Happy Few, State of Decay III, Hellblade 2
Arcade Racers - Horizon V
Platformers - Everwild, Psychonauts 2
OS Run and Gun - Cuphead: Delicious Last Course

I mean, several of those are not by MS owned developers, multi format, already released, fictional or a combination of the above of course :)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, Fry Crayola said:

The eye rolling may continue, because this misses the mark. Fantasy is written by people in reality. The world doesn't need yet another white saviour story.

Lara isn't a "white saviour".  She is a treasure hunter - no matter the skin colour.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

Because the only racer I know of from an MS first party studio is Forza, of which 0 games are announced for instance.

Does it matter that a game hasn't been formally announced?  It is a safe assumption to make that both Turn 10 and Playground are working on Forza games.

4 minutes ago, replicant said:

Does it matter that a game hasn't been formally announced?  It is a safe assumption to make that both Turn 10 and Playground are working on Forza games.

It matters in console war arguments:quote:

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Dudley said:

I mean, several of those are not by MS owned developers, multi format, already released, fictional or a combination of the above of course :)

Hold on Duds, I said 15 internal studios are making a variety of games. whether they are multiformat, available but ongoing as a GAAS or combination was never part of your original question.

Sure I'm hopeful they continue to do something with KI and everyone expects a new Outer Wilds and everyone knows PG are making an RPG. Sure Studio MHDR aren't officially an internal studio but I did name more than one game in quite a few categories too.

With the exception of the new Cuphead content, Everything should also be on Game Pass which is quite remarkable.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Revival said:

With the exception of the new Cuphead content, Everything should also be on Game Pass which is quite remarkable.

From a services POV it is crazy to even consider Sony not doing this with PS Now.  First party needs to be part of the service.  At launch, not 12m later.

2 minutes ago, replicant said:

From a services POV it is crazy to even consider Sony not doing this with PS Now.  First party needs to be part of the service.  At launch, not 12m later.

But why do that when they can sell millions of units at £60 each?

5 minutes ago, replicant said:

They don’t need to 

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

It improves cusomer choice, provides a good pricing message at launch, improves servies attach rate & may help a PS4 customer make the jump to PS5 early.

The arguement someone playing the game via PS Now = a lost sale is wafer thin. 

The business model of relying on a single 50 quid sale is dying.  It helps keep the money in house instead of say people buying it pre-owned from CEX, Game, Gamestop etc.

• Upvote 1

Just checked Wikipedia (I know) and Uncharted 4 apparently sold 16 million copies worldwide. Multiply by let's say an average sale price of just £25 and that totals £400m for just one exclusive game.

God of War, Horizon, Last of Us remastered, and Spider-Man all sold over 10 million copies and Gran Turismo Sport sold 8 million copies.

I don't think Sony will be in a rush to copy Game Pass somehow.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Talking of upcoming games that might not be upcoming, are Turn 10 still working on the new Fable title? 

5 hours ago, Phil said:

FFS the state of this.

Complaining about shit posts while actually shitposting in the same sentence. That's some next-level business.

Gamepass is great value, which I expect has been inspired and built upon by another company's idea which was introduced when they were on the back foot a few years ago. This is what competition between platform holders does. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sony act on it if / when they feel the need to.

Also, I'm fairly sure an Open World Pirate game is still an Open World game. Lazy!

2 hours ago, joffocakes said:

I think you're projecting a little when it comes to how much other folk care about one daft toy over another.

Get out.

The biggest crime here is that @Harsin hasn't tagged PC in this thread. But then I know for a fact that he owns a Mac and wants nothing to do with Windows. Toxic AF. 

• Upvote 2

Why do people keep saying 'I expect Sony will do their own version' and similar things? PS Now exists already and does broadly the same thing. Yeah it doesn't have the same first party content of course. 

• Upvote 1

It doesn't really. You don't see new games (first party, indie, other) debut on PS Now. PS Now is more of a respository which content is added once it's aged for a while.

The core approach to both is very different.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AI1 said:

Just checked Wikipedia (I know) and Uncharted 4 apparently sold 16 million copies worldwide. Multiply by let's say an average sale price of just £25 and that totals £400m for just one exclusive game.

God of War, Horizon, Last of Us remastered, and Spider-Man all sold over 10 million copies and Gran Turismo Sport sold 8 million copies.

I don't think Sony will be in a rush to copy Game Pass somehow.

That isn't how it works.  And you completely ignored my points re: attachment rate of services (where the real money is).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, replicant said:

I really need to roll my eyes with this one.  Its the inablity to seperate reality from fantasy.

It reminds me of those upset over the Far Cry 4 cover "depicting a white imperialist subjecting the native ethnic character bound with a grenade in his mouth".  Pagan Min is not white depsite his dyed hair and fancy purple suit.

I know full well it's only a game and that looting entire villages has been a staple of games, and especially RPGs, since forever, there's just something about the way it's presented in Shadow of the Tomb Raider that made me uncomfortable in a way that even previous games in the series didn't. You find a hidden remote village in South America and then proceed to run around stealing any treasures, documents and resources that aren't nailed down in the town hub area.

It's especially egregious in the context of the game because at the beginning they hint at the fact that Lara bumbling around interfering with ancient artifacts and cultures like she owns the place might not be the best thing and yet do nothing with the idea and indeed encourage the same player behaviour later on.

Maybe it's the fact that it doesn't have the fantastical trappings of a Zelda or a Skyrim, where I wouldn't bat an eyelid, that makes it stand out more to me, but there is also that historical white imperialist element to it in a way you don't get in many other games too. Saying it's not reality veers dangerously close to the Gamergate 'games aren't political' argument to shut down discussion.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

Talking of upcoming games that might not be upcoming, are Turn 10 still working on the new Fable title? 

Thought that was Playground Games? After playing Sea of Thieves I’d like to see Rare make Fable.

20 minutes ago, suzzopher said:

Thought that was Playground Games? After playing Sea of Thieves I’d like to see Rare make Fable.

You could be right, I can't wait to hear more info about it. They had their issues but I loved the Fable series. 

1 hour ago, Lyrical Donut said:

Complaining about shit posts while actually shitposting in the same sentence. That's some next-level business.

Not sure it warranted a more detailed response.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Didnt work out for Death Stranding. Has that even passed 1 million copies ww? It bombed in the UK charts. We may have passed a threshold where a lot of people dont want to pay those 50 pounds any more. It will be interesting to see how Last of Us 2 fares.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, BeeJay said:

Can a mod please clean this shit out of, what was, one of the most positive threads the forum has ever seen. I used to pavlov's dog at the sight of a new post in this thread.

Right now I'm dieing a little inside every time.

Please stop.

It would be nice to separate Xbox Game Pass posts about games out from “why don’t Sony do Games Pass”, including those talking about PlayStation Plus.

Playground games (horizon) are indeed the ones on Fable.  We've seen pictures that MAY be part of a Forza Horizon 5 but nothing about an actual game.

Turn 10 have said they're working on another Forza Motorsport.

7 hours ago, Nate Dogg III said:

Yeah, fanboys are bad aren't they

You should know better than calling other fanboys out. Edge is basically the magazine version of Push Square by now.

And there is nothing inflammatory about Revivals post, other than simply pointing out simple facts that your toilet paper rag continually fails to address.

• Downvote 24

1 hour ago, deerokus said:

Why do people keep saying 'I expect Sony will do their own version' and similar things? PS Now exists already and does broadly the same thing. Yeah it doesn't have the same first party content of course. 

Because theyre not even comparable when it comes to the amount of games that are launched day and date with their release elsewhere, its not just 1p games.

2019 was incredible for the amount of indie games launching straight into game pass.

• Downvote 1