rllmuk
Harsin

Xbox Game Pass

Am I right in saying that if I buy a couple of years of Xbox Gold, then buy the £1 Game Pass trial, the 24 months of Gold will be upgraded to 24 months of Game pass?

30 minutes ago, Trumpets said:

Am I right in saying that if I buy a couple of years of Xbox Gold, then buy the £1 Game Pass trial, the 24 months of Gold will be upgraded to 24 months of Game pass?

Yes, but afger entering each code you get a month extra for turning on auto-renew. Turn it off, enter the next code, another free month. Turn it off, upgrade to Ultimate, another bonus  month, and presto. Maximum is three years

• Upvote 1

On 16/11/2019 at 10:08, Orbital2060 said:

Final Fantasy VII to XV coming to Game Pass

EJXNUZQWsAAScrw.thumb.jpeg.04a4fb385363160bf29322d8260b95ff.jpeg

Think they said XIV is being added at some point, too.

That's genius, because there is no way you'd be able to complete all of those games in one month...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Yes, but afger entering each code you get a month extra for turning on auto-renew. Turn it off, enter the next code, another free month. Turn it off, upgrade to Ultimate, another bonus  month, and presto. Maximum is three years

Excellent, thanks for clarifying.

It is safe to cancel recurring billing once we've upgraded to Ultimate for the full term? I bought two 12-month subs and mine says it's due to bill me £32.99 in April '22.

Rage 2 seems pretty shite.  On the other hand, Age of Wonders Planetfall works better than expected on a pad. Loved the previous entry, this one has promise. 

5 hours ago, Speech said:

Currently, if you have a Game Pass Ultimate subscription you can claim 1 free month of EA Access, 3 free months of Discord Nitro, and 6 free months of Spotify Premium.

If you claim the 3 months of Discord Nitro, you can receive a gift from Discord of 3 months of Xbox Game Pass, which when claimed will convert to 2 months of Ultimate.

From what I can make out if you already have Spotify Premium account you can't get the free 6 months. Which is a shame.

3 hours ago, Benny said:

That's genius, because there is no way you'd be able to complete all of those games in one month...

Are they just on for one month then? 

Only game I can remember being on for such a short time was Fallout 4, when they were pimping Fallout 76.

3 minutes ago, theredstar said:

Are they just on for one month then? 

Only game I can remember being on for such a short time was Fallout 4, when they were pimping Fallout 76.

I mean if someone tries Game Pass for a month they will not be able to finish them.

58 minutes ago, deerokus said:

Rage 2 seems pretty shite.  On the other hand, Age of Wonders Planetfall works better than expected on a pad. Loved the previous entry, this one has promise. 

It's... Fine. Like I said, it's mad Max mixed with soon for all it's faults. I don't know how long I'll keep at it because open world collectathons don't hold.much interest for me these days, but the combat is meaty and it looks nice. Bit worried the combat is going to be too sporadic though.

Managed to do the game pass ultimate -> discord 1 month -> game pass 3 months -> game pass ultimate 2 months fine. both cancelled immediately too. 2 months of extra game ultimate for very little effort.

19 hours ago, Speech said:

Currently, if you have a Game Pass Ultimate subscription you can claim 1 free month of EA Access, 3 free months of Discord Nitro, and 6 free months of Spotify Premium.

If you claim the 3 months of Discord Nitro, you can receive a gift from Discord of 3 months of Xbox Game Pass, which when claimed will convert to 2 months of Ultimate.

* Scribbles equations on board *

• Upvote 6

On 17/11/2019 at 12:46, Speech said:

Thanks for that.  Setting up Nitro, getting the GP code, cancelling Nitro felt naughty!

On 17/11/2019 at 15:43, Benny said:

Theyre probably not going to be released all at once, but I dont know. Still a couple of things to find out about the way these games (FF, Yakuza, Kingdom Hearts) are going to work on the Xbox; they may be some locked to Game Pass exclusivity "Only on Game Pass" and not be available at retail. And hopefully spaced out over at least a year in my opinion, since I would like to be able to finish FFVII, and FFVIII, and XII out of that list, as well as keep up with all the other stuff being released elsewhere. And then there is the question of how long they are going to be on the service; a year seems very short for all of those games. Maybe they have secured some kind of lifetime deal with this selection.

They did a great job with remastering FFXIII, I wouldnt be surprised if that was in fact some kind of demonstration by XGS of what kind of upgrades they could add to Squares old games, and that at least some of the other releases on there will have a similar treatment to what XIII got.

I went a bit mad and did the buy-2-years-of-live-and-convert-into-GP thing yesterday, despite not owning an XB1. Ended up with a subscription that runs out in April 2022 for £65 - so thanks to everyone on here who posted the method! Any good console-only deals likely to pop up for Black Friday? I don't have a 4k TV, so am guessing that the S is the best option given that the all digital seems to be weirdly overpriced..

5 minutes ago, jonny_rat said:

I went a bit mad and did the buy-2-years-of-live-and-convert-into-GP thing yesterday, despite not owning an XB1. Ended up with a subscription that runs out in April 2022 for £65 - so thanks to everyone on here who posted the method! Any good console-only deals likely to pop up for Black Friday? I don't have a 4k TV, so am guessing that the S is the best option given that the all digital seems to be weirdly overpriced..

Definitely wait until Black Friday, afaik consoles are always discounted somewhere. See how much an Xbox One X goes for then if performance and prettied up BC games are a factor for you (I have an X hooked up to a 1080p telly as well and imo it's totally worth it), but we're also a year away from Scarlett (the next-gen Xbox) so it might also be wiser to go for the cheapest option (likely the S during Black Friday) and then upgrade at the end of the year. Your Game Pass Ultimate carries over to Scarlett of course, and it will be fully backwards compatible with the Xbox One - at that point you can ditch the S or X. 

• Upvote 1

I did that the other day - well, I'd ordered the Xbox first but it doesn't arrive until tomorrow.

I bought a 1TB Xbox One S, bundled with Jedi Fallen Order, from Shopto's eBay site. They're doing 20% off so it worked out at £200. I might sell on the game which should cover the year of Live / Game Pass.

I don't think they're doing a console-only, but there is a console + two controllers pack.

• Upvote 1

They've said that the All Digital will be $150 in their Black Friday sale instead of $250. Not unreasonable to assume it'll be £150ish in the UK. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, monkeydog said:

Thanks for that.  Setting up Nitro, getting the GP code, cancelling Nitro felt naughty!

How do you get the GP code once you've set Nitro up?

6 hours ago, rafaqat said:

How do you get the GP code once you've set Nitro up?

There's an offers or something like that option on the profile/settings screen. I think.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Dapple said:

I did that the other day - well, I'd ordered the Xbox first but it doesn't arrive until tomorrow.

I bought a 1TB Xbox One S, bundled with Jedi Fallen Order, from Shopto's eBay site. They're doing 20% off so it worked out at £200. I might sell on the game which should cover the year of Live / Game Pass.

I don't think they're doing a console-only, but there is a console + two controllers pack.

I will buy it off you if you are interested. Depending on price of course :)