Xbox Game Pass

I've done pretty much the same to get 36 months of GP ultimate for myself and 30 months of GP Ultimate for my son.   We're set for the next few years.  :D

And before someone suggests we could have done Gameshare.  I already do that with my other son.   :)

10 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

You could also buy 12 months of Game Pass for £30 if you can find it. I'd imagine that'll have the same end effect when upgrading to Ultimate. 

Indeed. This is what I had... bought two GP codes last November for £9.99 each. So gave me GP until this November. Paid the pound and have everything until Feb next year. 

Quite generous of MS really... although not sure if I'll keep the £10.99 per month sub after that....  One thing is for sure I'll be keeping my Xbox for a bit longer now... :D 

There aren't any Gamepass year subs that are decent cost (that I can find) so it'd probably just be easier for me to get 2 year Gold subs from CD Keys. The download link was sent immediately.

Massive thanks to people helping out in this thread and pointing it out in the first place, you're all fucking ace <3

Bollocks, prices for Live and Game Pass codes have shot right up now online. I suppose it might be worth hunting around shops that sell the codes for a potential bargain.

I do have two Game Pass vouchers that equate to 4 months but that's about it.

2 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

There aren't any Gamepass year subs that are decent cost (that I can find) so it'd probably just be easier for me to get 2 year Gold subs from CD Keys. The download link was sent immediately.

Massive thanks to people helping out in this thread and pointing it out in the first place, you're all fucking ace <3

When you redeem the codes make sure to allow it to turn recurring payments on (ie turn it off beforehand). That'll give you an extra month with each code redeem.  

1 minute ago, moosegrinder said:

Yes, absolutely. Thanks to the help, I'm now set with Ultimate until May 2022. :D

Must say this is a really clever move by MS... just give all the discounts now rope people in.... People who are buying into the service for 3+ years well that ensures you'll be keeping their platform for a while.... Games as a service will be the norm sooner rather than later I think.

Not sure if I'll ever buy a AAA MS game again now.... personally  only bought 1 game on the X since I bought it last February...  most of my gaming has been via gamepass games, games with gold or existing games.

I was having this conversation this morning with a friend. I won't buy Gears 5 or Halo Infinite as they'll be on the pass. The whole DLC thing that @footle and I were on about in the forza thread is still bizarre.

1 hour ago, footle said:

Forza Horizon 4 LEGO Speed Champions will cost $19.99 and is included at no additional cost for players who own the Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition, the Forza Horizon 4 Expansions Bundle or the Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Add-Ons Bundle. Xbox Game Pass members have access to the standard edition of Forza Horizon 4 and are eligible for 10% off a standalone purchase or 10% off the Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Add-Ons Bundle.

If you have Forza Horizon 4 on Gamepass and want the LEGO expansion you have to buy it albeit with a ten percent discount. I'm conflicted between entitlement and understanding they still need to make money. Getting all the content of a game like Horizon for the gamepass price might be a bit cheeky but buying DLC for a game you don't own seems a bit odd.

9 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Must say this is a really clever move by MS... just give all the discounts now rope people in.... People who are buying into the service for 3+ years well that ensures you'll be keeping their platform for a while.... Games as a service will be the norm sooner rather than later I think.

Not sure if I'll ever buy a AAA MS game again now.... personally  only bought 1 game on the X since I bought it last February...  most of my gaming has been via gamepass games, games with gold or existing games.

Yup. Game Pass has changed our buying habits for sure. Kids always have stuff to try out so less asks from them.  I've got plenty to explore and all 1st Party stuff available. 

Like you say this discount, will encourage people to "lock" in for a while before the next gen kicks off so less chance of dumping MS in favour competitors.  I don't think they've explained the whole stacking of multiple subscriptions well though as I think that's a bigger reason to convert to Ultimate than anything else. 

4 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

If you have Forza Horizon 4 on Gamepass and want the LEGO expansion you have to buy it albeit with a ten percent discount. I'm conflicted between entitlement and understanding they still need to make money. Getting all the content of a game like Horizon for the gamepass price might be a bit cheeky but buying DLC for a game you don't own seems a bit odd.

I almost thought the same but decided quite quickly that by the time my gamepass runs out (if I don’t stick with it) horizon 4 is likely to be either dirt cheap or superseded so I won’t care.

Just now, rafaqat said:

Yup. Game Pass has changed our buying habits for sure. Kids always have stuff to try out so less asks from them.  I've got plenty to explore and all 1st Party stuff available. 

Like you say this discount, will encourage people to "lock" in for a while before the next gen kicks off so less chance of dumping MS in favour competitors.  I don't think they've explained the whole stacking of multiple subscriptions well though as I think that's a bigger reason to convert to Ultimate than anything else. 

:)

Just been thinking about this even at £10.99 its great value to be honest. Price of an indy game a month? No brainer really.......  By the looks of E3 MS have lots of upcoming content too.

Interesting times ahead for gaming I think... 

Although Raf has detailed it all out perfect, just to confirm (and if you're not reading the main Xbox thread), I had: 8 months of Pass remaining, 6 months of Live remaining. I bought 2x 12 month Live codes, and then upgraded to Ultimate for a buck. That maxed out the 36 month thing, and now I'm good on Ultimate through June 2022. It's so daft, I just wanted to show another working example for those getting ready to do it.

Just insane, but obviously cunning buy in from MS. At least it shows they're probably dedicated to this lot for the long haul. And of course, all the while, I'll now be earning rewards points and just buying passes when they do their 25% off offers (for which I'm sure they'll at some point add an Ultimate thing to redeem).

Meanwhile I have been trying out some of the recent gp additions. I don't like Hollow Knight at all. A metroidvania where you have to jump through lots of hoops just to know where the fuck you are?! A boring combat system with an infuriating hit stun. Ugh. 

I'm enjoying Momodora however. 

3 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

I thought about this last october, when weighing up whether to buy the ultimate edition add on. Decided that I'd got a year's worth of games pass at the time, and I'd get my use out of the two expansions. It's not like DLC is something you can shift on anyway.

14 minutes ago, PC Master Race said:

Time to download Metro Exodus

for a pound

amazing scenes

I reckon I can toss £4 a month at this service. :lol: 

If its the PC version, I noticed there is a resolution issue to watch out for. It outputs at a low resolution when you first boot the game up, even though it`s quoting 1980x1080.  To sort the issue, drop the res to 800x600 for example (apply) then re apply the correct resolution you want ie 1920x1080 and that sorts its.  

1 hour ago, Hodge said:

If its the PC version, I noticed there is a resolution issue to watch out for. It outputs at a low resolution when you first boot the game up, even though it`s quoting 1980x1080.  To sort the issue, drop the res to 800x600 for example (apply) then re apply the correct resolution you want ie 1920x1080 and that sorts its.  

PC version. My 2080ti is ready.

Anyone tried Supermarket Shriek yet? It's pretty good fun. It's got a sort of British home computer budget vibe going on but it's quite addictive. A couple of nice nods to Sega in there too:

Spoiler

Found some bonus levels including a Sonic 2 rings style, as well as a Crazy Taxi themed one. 

46 minutes ago, Skull Commander said:

Anyone tried Supermarket Shreik yet? It's pretty good fun. It's got a sort of British home computer budget vibe going on but it's quite addictive. A couple of nice nods to Sega in there too:

Reveal hidden contents

Found some bonus levels including a Sonic 2 rings style, as well as a Crazy Taxi themed one. 

I couldn't cope with the screaming*. I had to uninstall it.

*Your honour.