rllmuk
Harsin

Xbox Game Pass

43 minutes ago, Nosejam said:

New games are up, although the store is slow.

Metro: Exodus

Arkham Knight

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection

Arkham Knight?? Yas! I almost bought it the other day. Happy days indeed! 

56 minutes ago, Dark Soldier said:

£1 for first month, £4 thereafter

Wow. for the games on there that's great value!

I'm going to save people from going mental when they can't work out how the fuck to access Game pass for PC.
Basically if your Windows 10 PC hasn't had the "May 2019 update" then you won't be able to access the app, and the update STILL hasn't rolled out to all areas, so run this and kick it into action.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, John Edward Gammell said:

Well this is fancy, my GP trial ran out next month and my Gold on Christmas Day. 

Converting to Ultimate GP extended it to 11th April 2020. 

Schwing! 

Oh you fool, haven't you been following this thread? You could have extended your Gold for another year or three and had that one month Game Pass converted along with it.

• Upvote 2

Game pass for PC is insane value! Currently downloading Metro Exodus, Shenmue, Vampyr, Turing Test to start of with. Can`t believe Microsoft have bagged Metro Exodus though, with all the epic store exclusive talk a couple month back.  Time to spark up those RT/Tensor cores on my RTX 2070 :D

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, mechamonkey said:

I'm going to save people from going mental when they can't work out how the fuck to access Game pass for PC.
Basically if your Windows 10 PC hasn't had the "May 2019 update" then you won't be able to access the app, and the update STILL hasn't rolled out to all areas, so run this and kick it into action.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Thanks, my pc had conveniently forgot to tell me that it didn't have enough space on the OS partition to install the update. Updated this morning so hopefully I can get on slay the spire this afternoon.

The saving on Gamepass Ultimate is fantastic.

My Live was due to expire 04/04/2020. 

My Gamepass on 18/11/2019.

For £1 I now have everything at no additional cost until 12/10/2020.

And obviously if you pump a load of extra subs into your Live membership you can save a load more. That’ll do for now though.

So....

I have a sub to gamepass until end of this year. 

This currently allows me to play games on my PC (ones that have Play Anywhere compatibility) and Xbox One. Eg Forza Horizon 4.

If I do nothing at the moment I am correct in my understanding that my PC games will be no longer playable unless I now also subscribe to the PC Game Pass or upgrade to the Ultimate version?

My gold sub is due to expire. So if I upgrade to ultimate will I will get Gold extended for free until my Gamepass sub expires?

OK. Just upgraded to ultimate for £1.

So now my sub runs out in Feb 2020?! Not sure why that that as my Game Pass was due to expire mid November this year and Gold next month. Hey ho not complaining.... 

In essence this rolls all your existing subs into one and then extends everything until when the last sub you have is due to expire (or longer in my case).

Worth a £1....

2 minutes ago, MattyP said:

OK. Just upgraded to ultimate for £1.

So now my sub runs out in Feb 2020?! Not sure why that that as my Game Pass was due to expire mid November this year and Gold next month. Hey ho not complaining.... 

In essence this rolls all your existing subs into one and then extends everything until when the last sub you have is due to expire (or longer in my case).

Worth a £1....

It sums the time you have left on game pass and gold and then adds a month, which is what the £1 gets you.

• Upvote 1

It's too late now but what you should have done is extend your gold sub as far as possible and then do the ultimate upgrade. Then you'd have had ultimate for £1 to match the length of your gold sub (so to around mid 2022, had you bought three years worth of gold).

Where's the best place to get a gold code now? CDKeys seems to be having problems with sending out used codes, and other places are out of stock. They're all putting their prices up too, cunning buggers.

Just now, Lochenvar said:

Where's the best place to get a gold code now? CDKeys seems to be having problems with sending out used codes, and other places are out of stock. They're all putting their prices up too, cunning buggers.

Yeah I left it too late too.

7 minutes ago, Lochenvar said:

The EU one is still listed as £38.99. Is the UK classed as EU for this purpose?

Yeah I used the EU one before.   I think it is Uk. 

So for anyone else buying up codes.  make sure that if you have gamepass also that you get a combined 36 months worth before you do the £1 conversion to Ultimate. 

Just now, rafaqat said:

So for anyone else buying up codes.  make sure that if you have gamepass also that you get a combine 36 months worth before you do the £1 conversion to Ultimate. 

Yes, the EU one works okay, I took a punt

1 minute ago, rafaqat said:

So for anyone else buying up codes.  make sure that if you have gamepass also that you get a combined 36 months worth before you do the £1 conversion to Ultimate. 

Hang on, I thought you only had to have gold because the conversion added Gamepass to it? Because if it doesn't then that's a lot of money to fork up front.

You could also buy 12 months of Game Pass for £30 if you can find it. I'd imagine that'll have the same end effect when upgrading to Ultimate. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Hang on, I thought you only had to have gold because the conversion added Gamepass to it? Because if it doesn't then that's a lot of money to fork up front.

Ok so if you have lets say 

2 years of Gold and No gamepass, that £1 will give you 2 years of Game Pass Ultimate.

If you have 

2 years of gold and 1 year of game pass, that £1 will give you 3 years of Game Pass Ultimate.

the conversion basically looks at what you have across the 2 subscriptions and adds them together as well as converting to the Game Pass Ultimate.  So it's a hell of a bargain.

• Upvote 1

Just now, rafaqat said:

Ok so it you have lets say 

2 years of Gold and No gamepass, that £1 will give you 2 years of Game Pass Ultimate.

If you have 

2 years of gold and 1 year of game pass, that £1 will give you 3 years of Game Pass Ultimate.

the conversion basically looks at what you have across the 2 subscriptions and adds them together as well as converting to the Game Pass Ultimate.  So it's a hell of a bargain.

Right. So if I got 1 year of gold and 1 year of Gamepass (If I can find that cheap) that will give me 2 years of Ultimate for £1?