rllmuk
Harsin

Xbox Game Pass

Shenmue 1 and 2 on the list seems mighty supicious after the "no Shenmue 3 in Xbox" tweet from Deep Silver the other day.

1 hour ago, Revival said:

A boat load of games just got added to Game Pass today:

Astroneer

Battle Chasers

Bridge Constructor

Everspace

Guacamelee 2

Hollow Knight: Voidheart

Lichtspeer

Metal Slug

Momodora

Moonlighter

Neon Chrome

Old Man's Journey

Riverbond

Shadow Tactics

Shenmue I & II

Silence

Smoke and Sacrifice

Steamworld Dig 2

Supermarket shriek

Wizard of Legend

Proof? None of them are showing up for me.

Hollow Knight!

Made up with that, I suspect it's going to be one of my all time greats when I get round to it. (going to be the next thing I start.) 

EDIT: installing it now. Doesn't show up on the game pass tab thing yet, but if you go through the store it comes up as available with game pass. 

Man, XGP is insane value for money. This hopefully confirms that XGP for PC is part of the same subscription (or at least is included in the Ultimate version). It does say I need to join XGP for PC when I log in, but none of the links on the store work for it so I hope it's just not been implemented properly yet.

49 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

When shit's added it takes a while to show up. You can install the from the store. And 'proof'? Are you 8?

5 minutes ago, Radish said:

Man, XGP is insane value for money. This hopefully confirms that XGP for PC is part of the same subscription (or at least is included in the Ultimate version). It does say I need to join XGP for PC when I log in, but none of the links on the store work for it so I hope it's just not been implemented properly yet.

Pretty sure Xbox and PC are two unique things. Or you just buy Ultimate and get it all.

image.png.36e9205c80b54dd74681d2e39c21fe0c.png

Yeah, I have Ultimate up until 2022 so I'm hoping the PC version is included (which it really should be, given the service's name). It would make sense for the individual subscriptions to be separate.

Where are you searching to see the "Owned" text underneath?

That's just from the Windows Store app. I've subscribed to Ultimate, so assuming it's working correctly, that would confirm it will include PC Game Pass too.

5 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

That's just from the Windows Store app. I've subscribed to Ultimate, so assuming it's working correctly, that would confirm it will include PC Game Pass too.

Ah nice, it didn't say "Owned" earlier on for me but it does now, so that's some relief. I was pretty sure it would be included in the Ultimate sub but hey, you never know.

Astroneer is listed as being free "With Xbox Game Pass for PC" but it's also a Play Anywhere title so that distinction doesn't actually matter.

Ah ok.

Speaking of I just watched my other half play it and she got the achievement for completing the tutorial, which only 6% of people had. That's terrible.

1 hour ago, matt0 said:

Hollow Knight!

Made up with that, I suspect it's going to be one of my all time greats when I get round to it. (going to be the next thing I start.) 

EDIT: installing it now. Doesn't show up on the game pass tab thing yet, but if you go through the store it comes up as available with game pass. 

It's an absolute classic, you're in for a treat.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Revival said:

A boat load of games just got added to Game Pass today:

Astroneer

Battle Chasers

Bridge Constructor

Everspace

Guacamelee 2

Hollow Knight: Voidheart

Lichtspeer

Metal Slug

Momodora

Moonlighter

Neon Chrome

Old Man's Journey

Riverbond

Shadow Tactics

Shenmue I & II

Silence

Smoke and Sacrifice

Steamworld Dig 2

Supermarket shriek

Wizard of Legend

What a fantastic list! Imo, Game Pass and BC on XB1 are brilliant additions to this hobby of ours and also why I already know I'm all in on XB2. Excellent stuff

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Boozy The Clown said:

I bet there's still complaints.

Well, I was kinda hoping that there would be one Game Pass to rule them all. But it's already a bargain as it is, so I'm not going to complain

2 hours ago, Hitcher said:

I went to my Games & Apps on my Xbox One, and most of them were there in my Ready to Install list.

22 minutes ago, Boozy The Clown said:

So this Shenmue malarkey, worth a download ?

Worth a download for sure, I think the games are pretty terrible, frankly, but for their historical significance, worth trying. 

• Upvote 1

You can now subscribe to Game Pass Ultimate for £1 for the 1st month (£10.99 a month after).  It includes Game Pass, Game Pass for PC and Xbox Live Gold.  If you already have a subscription to Game Pass or Gold it will convert your existing months to Ultimate, and you will not get charged again until it runs out.  I was using Microsoft Rewards to get Game Pass to play a few PC titles, and am now subbed until August next year.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/xbox-game-pass-ultimate/cfq7ttc0khs0?wa=wsignin1.0&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

• Upvote 1

Out of interest which version of Metal Slug is it? There are Xbla metal slug games which are a bit shitty, forced graphics filter and poor emulation, that's what they used for Metal Slug 3 and Xx on Game Pass. The ACA Neogeo versions by Hamster are much better. 

Confusingly on the xbox site it's the Hamster version of Metal Slug X that is showing as on game pass (the much better reworked version of 2), not Metal Slug 1. That's a good one if so! 

12 minutes ago, Speech said:

You can now subscribe to Game Pass Ultimate for £1 for the 1st month (£10.99 a month after).  It includes Game Pass, Game Pass for PC and Xbox Live Gold.  If you already have a subscription to Game Pass or Gold it will convert your existing months to Ultimate, and you will not get charged again until it runs out.  I was using Microsoft Rewards to get Game Pass to play a few PC titles, and am now subbed until August next year.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/xbox-game-pass-ultimate/cfq7ttc0khs0?wa=wsignin1.0&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Can you just buy a couple of years of gold then transfer, getting that extra time included in this offer?