rllmuk
Harsin

Xbox Game Pass

Every man and their dog should play The Banner Saga. Genuinely one of the greatest turn based strategy games ever, with a great, multi-choice narrative. 

Of course, you'll have to buy Part 3 if you enjoy it.

• Upvote 1

If Microsoft put out a handheld system capable of playing 360 games/less power hungry X1 titles and integrated it with Game Pass, I would like that very much. There are too many games to play and not enough time. 

1 minute ago, Wahwah* said:

If Microsoft put out a handheld system capable of playing 360 games/less power hungry X1 titles and integrated it with Game Pass, I would like that very much. There are too many games to play and not enough time. 

I'd love that. If only the next hardware from MS was a SwiX with the entire Xbox and Xbox 360 library to choose from I'd be a very happy puppy indeed. 

19 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

That's kinda what they want to go towards with Xbox not being a single console but a universal platform. Your Xbox One controller already works perfectly on whatever Android device you have (RetroArch, Steam Link) so we'll probably be able to stream Xbox games to our phones, tablets, or Switch (:ph34r:), or whatever

11 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

No streaming, thankyou. ;)

I agree!:lol: For lots of people it's fine though so that's why I mentioned it. And I can't see a handheld Xbox ever happening when Microsoft is focused on streaming - "play it on your existing handhelds or smart devices!" would probably be their rationale.

I wonder if handheld hardware is more or less likely at the moment. For years the brand was all about control of the living room but now we're in a different phase, it could be more likely. 

Either way, I think Dr Mario is unlikely to be usurped from his position as my travel companion. 

8 hours ago, Stanley said:

Superhot :omg:

This has been on GwG already (March-April last year) so unless someone's really new to Xbox they'll probably already have it. I should go back to it though, it didn't grab me in the slightest but playing the VR version revealed it to be absolutely superb so maybe I'd appreciate the non-VR version now. 

Outerwilds was the E3 freebie from last year. I didn't realise we'd be waiting until e3 this year for it to arrive! :P

1 hour ago, ScouserInExile said:

I've got the 3 months for a quid thing. Any hidden indie gems in there?

I'm liking the sound of Banner Saga...

I just finished Dandara, which was very good.

2D Soulslike/Metroidvania where you don't have free movement, you dash from surface to surface and can stick to the walls and ceiling etc. Amazing soundtrack, doesn't overstay its welcome.

10 hours ago, Stanley said:

Try Below, it's hard as nails but the atmosphere is amazing.

The soundtrack by Jim Guthrie is amazing!

• Upvote 1

My Gamepass hotpicks so far have been:

Tacoma

What Remains of Edith Finch

Abzu

Hellblade (still playing through, but so far it has impressed, especially on the X)

Just downloaded Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

Loving Gamepass, just having the time to make the most of it.

Is Tacoma good, I really like the sound of it? 

Also, how good is Game Pass right now - some amazing titles to play right across the board. 

Tacoma is short and sweet, I did it in around 2 hours including a sweep for the last achievements. 

Done by the Gone Home guys I think and if you liked that (and add in the scifi setting) then you will enjoy this. Also a slight twist at the end.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Jg15 said:

What Remains of Edith Finch

Loving Gamepass, just having the time to make the most of it.

Played this through the other night. Loved it.

34 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Is Tacoma good, I really like the sound of it? 

Also, how good is Game Pass right now - some amazing titles to play right across the board. 

I started it and was bored to tears. Guess it depends if you enjoy the "walking simulator" genre (which I really don't get on with).

Tacoma is well worth a play if you enjoy walking sims. If you don't then there's nothing there to convince you otherwise.

I've never tried a walking sim. Is it first person? Anything first person gives me really bad motion sickness. As do some third person games, as I have discovered from playing the Krypt in Mortal Kombat 11

1 hour ago, ScouserInExile said:

I've never tried a walking sim. Is it first person? Anything first person gives me really bad motion sickness. As do some third person games, as I have discovered from playing the Krypt in Mortal Kombat 11

Pretty much all walking sims are first person. Most (like Edith Finch and Dear Esther) are pretty slow moving though, nothing like the speed of an FPS, so you shouldn't get much motion sickness. I would recommend at least trying one.

On 23/05/2019 at 10:59, ScouserInExile said:

I've got the 3 months for a quid thing. Any hidden indie gems in there?

I'm liking the sound of Banner Saga...

I think you'd everyone would like Descenders

6 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

I'd echo what JG says.  Nothing in Tacoma or Edith Finch is going to require you to go anywhere with any speed so you might find you do better than you think.

Since you've got Game Pass for free I'd start with Edith over Tacoma.

I see Metal Gear Survive is up. Is it as bad as everyone says it is?