rllmuk
Harsin

Xbox Game Pass

I've cancelled my subscription to GamePass as I was only using it for PC (don't have an Xbox). Having access to Forza Horizon 4, Gears of War 4 and Crackdown 3 was good for a few months, but there's just not enough content to be worth it as there is with the Xbox. I know it's called "Xbox Gamepass" after all, but it would be nice if they'd put as much effort into the PC as it could become a really good service and revenue stream for them if you just have a PC. I might re-subscribe if they ever get Halo complete collection on there.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Colossus left me very cold. The I consistent stealth was absolute bullshit, especially when some sections relied on it. I loved the first one as well.

Stealth. Bleugh. I'm oot. 

Any tips for getting into the beta thing? On the Insider Program I'm in the "Delta" preview and only have the option to switch to Omega. I've been there for a few years but tbh I don't use my Xbox much so I haven't tested much. I'm only level 4.

20 minutes ago, Skull Commander said:

Stealth. Bleugh. I'm oot. 

Yeah, I like it in the first one as I don't remember it being mandatory and unlocking the skills on trees by doing certain things was great but there's points in Colossus where it's very much trial and error and I just got sick of smashing my face against that particular brick wall.

1 hour ago, Radish said:

Any tips for getting into the beta thing? On the Insider Program I'm in the "Delta" preview and only have the option to switch to Omega. I've been there for a few years but tbh I don't use my Xbox much so I haven't tested much. I'm only level 4.

do the rating and surveys  in the insider app also helps boost up your levels

3 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Yeah, I like it in the first one as I don't remember it being mandatory and unlocking the skills on trees by doing certain things was great but there's points in Colossus where it's very much trial and error and I just got sick of smashing my face against that particular brick wall.

The level design is awful too, not to mention the weird health system and inconsistent damage/hit detection 

It's the rare thing for a major release these days - a genuinely bad game. Just watch the cutscenes on youtube.

Last gen was all about the X360 for me. 98% of all my friends and family had a 360, thus it was my platform of choice when it came to online multiplayer on consoles. I generally disliked the PS3. I didn't care for its controller, its OS/UI and the DL speeds were ridiculously slow, and when a download was finally completed, you had to wait for the game to unpack/install as well. 
This gen, though, it's been quite the oposite. I've been all about the PS4 as the majority of people I know have it, and from very early on it seemed the PS4 got the most exclusive games to select from. After years of enjoying the PS4, I thought I'd give the Xbox One a shot. 
So now I've got a One S and a fresh Gamepass sub to get me started. After going through the available library I was a bit disappointed to learn that most of the games I've already played on the PS4. So I decided to go with Crackdown 3 (since the original still remain among my favourite games for the 360) and Gears of War 4. Beside these two gems, what exclusives should I give a go on the Gamepass service?

2 minutes ago, Rayn said:

Last gen was all about the X360 for me. 98% of all my friends and family had a 360, thus it was my platform of choice when it came to online multiplayer on consoles. I generally disliked the PS3. I didn't care for its controller, its OS/UI and the DL speeds were ridiculously slow, and when a download was finally completed, you had to wait for the game to unpack/install as well. 
This gen, though, it's been quite the oposite. I've been all about the PS4 as the majority of people I know have it, and from very early on it seemed the PS4 got the most exclusive games to select from. After years of enjoying the PS4, I thought I'd give the Xbox One a shot. 
So now I've got a One S and a fresh Gamepass sub to get me started. After going through the available library I was a bit disappointed to learn that most of the games I've already played on the PS4. So I decided to go with Crackdown 3 (since the original still remain among my favourite games for the 360) and Gears of War 4. Beside these two gems, what exclusives should I give a go on the Gamepass service?

Forza, Forza Horizon, Halo MCC, Halo 4...

Halo Wars Remastered and Halo Wars 2... maybe?

I've heard Sunset Overdrive is decent.

There's honestly not that much exclusive stuff. It was game pass that sold me on the system (not got any other current gen consoles). I've found Gamepass is good for getting me to play random indie titles I've always wanted to check out but never got round to.

8 minutes ago, matt0 said:

Forza, Forza Horizon, Halo MCC, Halo 4...

Halo Wars Remastered and Halo Wars 2... maybe?

I've heard Sunset Overdrive is decent.

There's honestly not that much exclusive stuff. It was game pass that sold me on the system (not got any other current gen consoles). I've found Gamepass is good for getting me to play random indie titles I've always wanted to check out but never got round to.

Thanks for the heads up. The reason I got the One S was when I found out about the Halo Master Chief Collection, which now has ODST and Halo 4. I even think it has Reach? Anyway, it's an amazing collection and should be part of every Xbox owners' collection. I got Forza Horizon 3 and I'm currently enjoying it. Always preferred the Horizon games over the original Forza titles. Is Horizon 4 on Gamepass, though? 

8 minutes ago, Orion said:

Ori and Sea of Thieves.

Completed Ori years ago on the PC. Good game, though. 
Sea of Thieves intrigues me, but I'm not starting on an MMO without some friends to share the experience with. 

11 Games Leaving Xbox Game Pass at the End of May 2019...

Xbox One

D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die

DmC: Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition

JumpJet Rex

Knight Squad

Laser League

Layers of Fear

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings

Super Time Force

Xbox 360

LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga

Original Xbox

STAR WARS - Knights of the Old Republic

• Upvote 2

If I’ve already downloaded a game can I continue to play it once it’s removed? Was fancying playing through KOTOR again but it looks like I may have left it too late. 

1 minute ago, bridger said:

If I’ve already downloaded a game can I continue to play it once it’s removed? Was fancying playing through KOTOR again but it looks like I may have left it too late. 

You'd need to buy the game, but you can do this at a discount while it's still in Game Pass.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bridger said:

Don't connect to the internet

On 13/05/2019 at 10:16, Radish said:

I'm only on Delta but I just noticed while trying to rate some stuff to move up that the Ultimate Game Pass offer was in the list of Insider Content under games anyway. So I've now, presumably, got Gold and Game Pass til December 2021 for a quid as a result of having a Gold sub with that end date before doing this. And a quid a month thereafter (on the vanishingly unlikely chance it's still on that offer in 2 1/2 years time). Mental.

I've been playing a chunk of Descenders over the past two days and have been really enjoying it. The music and the momentum of throwing your bike down a hill is really cathartic

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, stefcha said:

I'm only on Delta but I just noticed while trying to rate some stuff to move up that the Ultimate Game Pass offer was in the list of Insider Content under games anyway. So I've now, presumably, got Gold and Game Pass til December 2021 for a quid as a result of having a Gold sub with that end date before doing this. And a quid a month thereafter (on the vanishingly unlikely chance it's still on that offer in 2 1/2 years time). Mental.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. It's appeared for me too. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate: Next charge £1.00 on 17/05/2022.

• Upvote 2

On 15/05/2019 at 16:14, Mogster said:

You'd need to buy the game, but you can do this at a discount while it's still in Game Pass.

What about Layers of Fear for example.  I played through the game, loved it and then bought the DLC for it from the store.  What happens then?

3 minutes ago, Omizzay said:

What about Layers of Fear for example.  I played through the game, loved it and then bought the DLC for it from the store.  What happens then?

You still wouldn't have access to the base game so you couldn't play the dlc. 

On 30/04/2019 at 16:11, Skull Commander said:

Is Wolfenstein 2 much different from the first one xbox one? I thought it was alright but nothing special and not as good as Doom. 

I completed it earlier today. I quite liked the first one, but this is a lot more batshit crazy. Brilliant game, really enjoyed it... the story is ridiculous, the combat is great. There’s a few difficulty spikes, but after a few tries and a lot of swearing you get by and carry on.  I can’t wait to play the Young Blood spin-off, seeing as it’s going to be set in the 80s. 

• Upvote 1

Completed Quantum Break on GamePass earlier today. Probably one of the most interesting completely average games I've ever played? Nothing about it is entirely successful but nor is any part of it completely without merit either (although the live action episodes come close).

Still a big step down after Alan Wake though.

• Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, Majora said:

Nothing about it is entirely successful but nor is any part of it completely without merit either (although the live action episodes come close).

I think that’s a pretty much perfect description of it. :lol: