Xbox Game Pass

9 minutes ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

Fucks sake I haven't even finished Rise of the Tomb Raider or Deus Ex yet. Haven't even started Gears 4.

You don't have to play *everything* that comes to game pass.....  Just like you don't have to watch everything on Netflix.... :)

Saying this I still have this mindset. Game Pass feels like I have a huge backlog of games I haven't played.... So I get out of that mindset and play things at appeal to me. Its not a "waste of money" if I don't play lots of things so long as I find something I enjoy on there that has value to me its worth the price TBH. I've played through more games since I got Game Pass than I ever did when I bought them though. Think its because I'm more likely to try stuff I might not have necessarily bought and found I really enjoyed them. Conversely I've found at times I've not liked games as much as I expected to do so its saved me buying them.

I should really total all the games up one year and see how much I could have bought them for vs how much I spent on the Game Pass service. At the moment it's in my bank accounts favour for sure.

Content does stay on there a fair while anyway so not as though there are huge time pressures to play something. And lets face it if you *really* want to play something you will prioritise that first.

Guess its a new way of thinking and how you consume your game.... 

I was recently tentatively thinking about moving my Xbox on.. but because of Game Pass I didn't. Such a great way of playing.

A quid for three months at the moment, apparently open to existing subscribers (edit: actually, my sub might've just lapsed which doesn't make huge sense seeing as I bought two months on the 14th Feb - but it's now showing three months as 50% off at £11.99 which might be what some of you see from the off, who knows):

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/xbox-game-pass/CFQ7TTC0K6L8

Not that excited about too many games on it, but so far I've been through:

Kingdom New Lands (deleted)

ReCore (finished)

RiME (finished)

Super Lucky's Tale (finished)

Sky Force Reloaded (finished)

Forza Horizon 4 (deleted)

Crackdown 3 (completed)

Kingdom Two Crowns (deleted)

What Remains of Edith Finch (downloaded, to play)

Can't argue with the value (especially seeing as I've only paid £6.59 for 9 or 10 months worth in total now), but the thought of it doesn't really set my pulse going. ReCore and Crackdown 3 are highlights, the rest I don't think I'd have missed out had I never heard of them. Prey and Edith Finch I'm looking forward to though!

10 minutes ago, Fry Crayola said:

Cheers, my two month sub expired the other day. Another quid for another three months seems like a no-brainer - if I play even one thing I'm up on the deal.

Doesn't seem to give me that deal just 50% off... hmmmm.... pehaps its because I already have an active sub at the moment. Makes sense I guess.

50 minutes ago, TehStu said:

Wait, so if I let it lapse, I can then take advantage of deals like $1 for 3 months? They don't limit that to people who genuinely haven't used it before? 

Its an odd thing... sometimes you can't take advantage of discount prices (because you have subbed before) sometimes you can! :D However you always seem to get better discounts if you let it lapse from my experience...

56 minutes ago, TehStu said:

Wait, so if I let it lapse, I can then take advantage of deals like $1 for 3 months? They don't limit that to people who genuinely haven't used it before? 

Yes and Nah. I’ve had two separate months for a £1; two months for £2 and now three for a £1. 

It was up in 2 days so I let it lapse and tried the deal. It wasn't obvious that it was going to work, because it only have me options of 14 day trial, 1 month, or 3 months, but attempting to buy the 3 month came up for $1. 

Completely bonkers, my first 3 months were $1, too.

Asked this in the main console thread but no replies:

QQ: a tile on my dashboard says “Extend Gold & Game Pass now and save 50%”. Clicking on it takes me to the purchase or extend page, but the price just shows as normal. Any ideas?

13 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Stupid question: how do Play Anywhere/ cross-buy games work with game pass? Do you for example also get to play the PC version of Crackdown 3, or doesn't it work that way?

Yep... Have GamePass and all MS AAA games post Sea Of Thieves also work on the PC. Same when you buy them too (so long as they are labelled play anywhere).

Question for anyone who's played The Golf Club 2; I had a round in 'Career' yesterday (inverted commas as it's a bit of a vague career mode) and it seemed like you could potentially have a friend join online for tournament rounds etc. Is this the case? The game is pretty decent but good lord is it a complete mess when it comes to the menus and knowing what's going on!

I signed up for game pass for the first time to take advantage of the 3 months for £1 offer that’s in the spring sale. 

But, I had to take a 14 day free trial. I can’t find the option to get the offer anywhere. All I can do is pay the usual monthly subscription.

what am I missing? 

40 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I signed up for game pass for the first time to take advantage of the 3 months for £1 offer that’s in the spring sale. 

But, I had to take a 14 day free trial. I can’t find the option to get the offer anywhere. All I can do is pay the usual monthly subscription.

what am I missing? 

you shouldn't have 'had' to take the 14 day trial. The same happened to me when I first joined. I chose the 14 day instead of the available offer and then the available offer never came back.

I am so confused by the game pass 'ultimate' announcement. It's just xbox live and game pass in one subscription for the same retail price. Unless the 'ultimate' is going to have exclusive games, I don't get the point of it. I imagine most game pass subs will also have live but maybe I am wrong.

11 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

I am so confused by the game pass 'ultimate' announcement. It's just xbox live and game pass in one subscription for the same retail price. Unless the 'ultimate' is going to have exclusive games, I don't get the point of it. I imagine most game pass subs will also have live but maybe I am wrong.

It's $5 cheaper than buying the two individually in the US. I haven't seen a UK price yet though.

6 hours ago, Lucas said:

what am I missing? 

Follow the link posted earlier in the thread and from a drop down menu you can select 14 day free, 1 month, or 3 months. When you select 3 months the price gets automatically adjusted to 1 euro (or whatever your currency of choice is)

I like that they've done Game Pass Ultimate, it seems slightly absurd that I have 3 active subscriptions with Microsoft. But to entice me, the non-monthly options need to have a better combined total. Because they'd probably rather we pay up front than go month to month, right?

2 hours ago, TehStu said:

I like that they've done Game Pass Ultimate, it seems slightly absurd that I have 3 active subscriptions with Microsoft. But to entice me, the non-monthly options need to have a better combined total. Because they'd probably rather we pay up front than go month to month, right?

They'd rather you paid month to month and forget you did.  It's the reason why the subscription model exists. It's free money.

29 minutes ago, ChrisN said:

£10.99 for Game Pass Ultimate. That's better than I was expecting.

Yup. If you bought both separately its ~£12.16 pcm.... So whilst not a huge saving. Its less. 

However with all the Xbox Gold and GamePass deals floating about much better to hunt (as always) for some deals...

• gospvg pinned this topic
  • gospvg unpinned this topic