Xbox Game Pass

10 minutes ago, Stanley said:

How long before you can dominate war chiefs etc. and am I doing the right thing mainly just following the story quests? 

A long time. They are challenging throughout. Intially at launch it had a horrible loot chest idea where you had to buy keys to unlock them. As a result it was patched out but the game isn't balanced too well. I really loved it but I do also love all things LOTR

I’m gonna install BFII actually as I loved the first one, just playing online multiplayer. Played a bit of the single player story mode  on PS4 but wasn’t that impressed, but then it was never a single player game anyway. 

Ok here’s the big one: where does one start with Destiny 2 on Gamepass? Just imagine I’ve never played the game before (I have but pages ago) where should I begin, is it fine with the content on there and which version should I start with (there are two)? 

23 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

New Arkane stuff is exclusive to PS5 until september 2022 tho

Next Arkane game release date : 1st October 2022.

22 hours ago, Stanley said:

Thanks @JPLplayed Outer Wilds, another great game, gonna give Frostpunk a go.

It's very difficult to find information on Wilds without spoilers but I can really only see 2 ways it can go.

When it resets you after 20 minutes it takes you half the time to get back to where you were, which would be really annoying.

Or

When it resets you after 20 minutes you can get straight back there in which case why the hell did you bother?

What am I missing?

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

Ok here’s the big one: where does one start with Destiny 2 on Gamepass? Just imagine I’ve never played the game before (I have but pages ago) where should I begin, is it fine with the content on there and which version should I start with (there are two)? 

Go in the destiny two thread and have a read. A few new players in the last pages asking similar 

Honestly, I have no clue. 

I played about 80hours of vanilla destiny 2 and was looking forward to playing with the upgrades and expansions but I uninstalled it after 20 mins. 

I couldn't find out where to play the missions or all the other shit going on. Its a mess for returning vanilla players now. 

58 minutes ago, carlospie said:

When does undertale get good?

When you turn it off, in my experience. A retro hipster love in that’s nowhere near as good as people who wish they were American kids in the ‘80s with a NES and a BMX they ride to the Blockbuster in the mall think it is. 

When you know where you are going in Outer Wilds you can get anywhere pretty fast. 

Then why reset me?  It's like they think the bit people enjoy about other games is waiting for it to load when they die.

Presumably there's a benefit to the whole thing?

Just now, Dudley said:

Then why reset me?  It's like they think the bit people enjoy about other games is waiting for it to load when they die.

Presumably there's a benefit to the whole thing?

Well the whole concept is that things happen at a certain times, like Majora’s Mask and Groundhog Day, so you need to plan your run to do things at certain times in certain places. If it let you just locate to where you want without ever dying just looping over and over it would removed any challenge. Tbh I liked Outer Wilds but I did find it frustrating too sometimes, but I understand why you die, it kind of couldn’t work any other way. 

57 minutes ago, carlospie said:

I heard its one of the best things ever. 

I'm about 2 hours in and i don't know what to make of it. 

2 hours ago, Dudley said:

Next Arkane game release date : 1st October 2022.

It's very difficult to find information on Wilds without spoilers but I can really only see 2 ways it can go.

When it resets you after 20 minutes it takes you half the time to get back to where you were, which would be really annoying.

Or

When it resets you after 20 minutes you can get straight back there in which case why the hell did you bother?

What am I missing?

Time influences the world. There are places impossible to reach in the first 7 minutes, and places that can only be reached during that time. It's like Majora's Mask in that regard, and in the same vein the end of the world is tremendously done, poignant despite it's repetetive nature.

6 minutes ago, Ry said:

I heard its one of the best things ever. 

I'm about 2 hours in and i don't know what to make of it. 

I realise I didn't actually get past the tweeness of it into enjoying it until the end of my first run through. After which I went back and played it again, and then Deltarune. I definitely think it's not an easy sell for cynical old men, despite the retro allusions, but imo something great definitely shines through in the end.

17 minutes ago, therearerules said:

I realise I didn't actually get past the tweeness of it into enjoying it until the end of my first run through. After which I went back and played it again, and then Deltarune. I definitely think it's not an easy sell for cynical old men, despite the retro allusions, but imo something great definitely shines through in the end.

How long is it? I just fought two dogs with axes and was not having a great time with it 

1 hour ago, carlospie said:

I finished it the other day. Spent the whole playthrough waiting for it to turn into the incredible experience I had heard about.

I mean, I guess the music was pretty good. The script was maybe funny once or twice - but felt mostly like Reddit humour. The battle system was definitely a neat twist on the RPG turn-based formula. I dunno. It was fine. Nothing mind blowing.

I'm not sure if it'll happen but an autumn/winter line up of this, Halo Infinite, Forza Horizon 5 and Starfield would have to be Microsofts strongest PC lineup in a very long time. 

7 hours ago, deerokus said:

That and the bit in the 4 stage of the mission where you have to start up and defend generators from waves and waves while jetpack-equipped zombie snipers have a pop at you while you wade through waist deep water. It's definitely designed for a team, doable solo but you have to get your approach absolutely spot on. 

It's so bloody fun though, a very video game video game. 

Yes indeed to the last line. 

I hope Strange Brigade comes back to GO as I enjoyed what I played alone, but again it seemed 100% designed for a team. 

12 hours ago, bear said:

I'm not sure if it'll happen but an autumn/winter line up of this, Halo Infinite, Forza Horizon 5 and Starfield would have to be Microsofts strongest PC lineup in a very long time. 

Hook AoE 4 to my veins.

Hopefully they release a console version too.

10 minutes ago, kensei said:

Love Earthbound. Could not get on with Undertale at all. Like the conceit of the battles but just didn't click with me. 

Pleased its not just me. I am a few hours in. I am not getting the love for it yet. I know its 8 bit style appeals and I can see its done well. It IS quite funny with the skeletons etc (humour reminded me a lot of Monkey Island) but from a gameplay perspective its not doing it for me and so far the Story that everyone talks about as being amazing has done nothing for me. 

I keep thinking its an emperors new clothes type thing. 

But there is so much love for it and I gather that its not long I may well give it some more time. I felt the same about Outer Wilds sadly!

I see why Outer Wilds is brilliant but the time limit annoyed the shit out of me. I ended up somewhere deep inside a planet, was trying to explore everything and carefully read any lore bits for dat atmosphere and poof, start over. I wasn't even halfway down that planet and it took me a lot of time to get back to the same place, once there I had like 5 minutes left to figure out the next step. Then time was up again without me being much wiser, and I couldn't be arsed taking 15 minutes to get to that same point a third time.

I appreciate this is probably me being shit at games, but it wasn't for me. I always like to take my time with games, whatever HLTB says as completion time you can usually double that for me - especially exploration based games. In practice this means that any such game with a timer isn't for me :(

As massive Arkane fan I have no idea whether I will like Deathloop for this reason. Looks fantastic but eeeh time limit.

3 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Arkane won’t mess up, it’s Arkane. I mean I hope they don’t :unsure:

Oh I'm sure it will be a brilliant game. What I'm saying is that I'm worried that *I* won't like it no matter how brilliant it is, because I can't handle time limits in those kinds of games. I'm the problem here, not Deathloop itself.

26 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Oh I'm sure it will be a brilliant game. What I'm saying is that I'm worried that *I* won't like it no matter how brilliant it is, because I can't handle time limits in those kinds of games. I'm the problem here, not Deathloop itself.

It depends how it’s implemented I suppose, but I know what you mean - used to piss me off when I was half through a dungeon or whatever in Majora’s Mask and the world ends :lol: