Xbox Game Pass

20 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

What are the best local multiplayer games on Gamepass at the moment?

not on gamepass but It takes two is by far the best local co-op game I’ve played in years. 

5 minutes ago, Mortis said:

not on gamepass but It takes two is by far the best local co-op game I’ve played in years. 

Worth mentioning that the developer's previous game, A Way Out, is on Game Pass and is a certifiably excellent co-op experience for two people as well.

I'll have a quick blitz through the list and edit this later with what's also good for local multi.

EDIT: I'd go Human Fall Flat, Hotshot Racing, Overcooked! 2 and Streets of Rage 4, for starters. There should be local multiplayer on Tetris Effect and Unravel Two as well.

14 hours ago, shirubagan said:

I’m quite enjoying The Medium even though it’s not really my kind of game. The graphics are outrageously good at certain points too. 

They just had to add boring and stupid insta-fail fucking stealth didn't they? :( 

6 hours ago, Mortis said:

You’ll be glad to hear they are pretty short, really easy and only happen in a couple of places. 

Nothing turns me off a game more. I'm on the third one where:

Spoiler

Maw (or whatever it's name is) is invisible

Please tell me that is the last one because it's a load of arse.

Edit: why won’t this cunt fuck off? I just want to get back to creepy exploring. 

Is Play Anywhere no longer a thing? I can't seem to find any games on Windows which are labelled Play Anywhere. Is it now just games which support Xbox Live Cloud Saves can be played on both PC and Xbox (with progress carrying over)?

16 hours ago, shirubagan said:

Nothing turns me off a game more. I'm on the third one where:

Hide contents

Maw (or whatever it's name is) is invisible

Please tell me that is the last one because it's a load of arse.

Edit: why won’t this cunt fuck off? I just want to get back to creepy exploring. 

I tapped out of that game due to the shitty stealth sections. Can't believe any playtester on earth actually reported back they were fun. There's plenty on GamePass for me to try, so I didn't see the point of pushing through content I wasn't enjoying.

I pushed through and the game seems to have run out of ideas*. I think I'm around 30-40 mins off completing, so I may as well see it through.

Spoiler

It has just fully embraced walking sim with the occasional Press Y to watch a climbing animation. I'm at a house now which had some light puzzling, but I just think the devs should have made a film instead... Or preferably just cut out the second Thomas section entirely.

Yesterday I was considering halting  my gamepass and  purchasing Skyrim again instead  .. Ended up playing it  till 3AM then  feeling guilty about it  and uninstalling it from The Xbox .:lol:

I haven't finished a campaign in years. Recommend me a game I can finish in not a long time and maybe replay it later hat harder or finding new stuff.

By the way Doom (2016) is not on gamepass is it? I find it strange since Eternal and  even the originals are

6 minutes ago, daifuco said:

By the way Doom (2016) is not on gamepass is it? I find it strange since Eternal and  even the originals are

It will probably show up eventually. Some Bethesda games likely have existing promotions or deals elsewhere that still need to run their course, which is probably why Wolfenstein: The New Colossus and Dishonored: Death of the Outsider aren't there either.

8 minutes ago, daifuco said:

Yesterday I was considering halting  my gamepass and  purchasing Skyrim again instead  .. Ended up playing it  till 3AM then  feeling guilty about it  and uninstalling it from The Xbox .:lol:

Why?!

4 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

Is Play Anywhere no longer a thing? I can't seem to find any games on Windows which are labelled Play Anywhere. Is it now just games which support Xbox Live Cloud Saves can be played on both PC and Xbox (with progress carrying over)?

Essentially replaced by GamePass.

But I assume it also applies to bought titles.

23 minutes ago, JPL said:

Why?!

Feeling guilty  about playing Skyrim till long hours?

I am not sure I like the game that much, It might be a nostalgia thing but, I feel like the game is not as inspired as Oblivion. There was a sense of freedom in oblivion that felt so fresh and I don't get that here. I cant help but seeing the dragons as some gimmick they had to add.

In a similar manner ... when I realised that the Companions were actually 

Spoiler

werewolves... I rolled out my eyes thinking... oh yes in Oblivion vampires were cool, so they just added werewolves here like

I will probably reinstall it and try some quest here and there but, I dont know it is not clicking as nicely as Oblivion.

I might just miss the blue sky and green grass of oblivion. Skyrim feels a bit too rocky and brown, it is like going back to Spain countryside 

2 hours ago, daifuco said:

I haven't finished a campaign in years. Recommend me a game I can finish in not a long time and maybe replay it later hat harder or finding new stuff.

What do you mean by long? I’d thoroughly recommend the Dishonored games. 

On 30/03/2021 at 06:11, Stanley said:

Minecraft Dungeons. 

I've quickly realized this is the perfect game for dipping in and out of with family/friends. If you're low level, you can still do content with your higher level friends. As long as you're careful, it's also a great way to level up faster than you would on your own. Plus, given the whole point is to repeat levels, there's no real downside to doing whatever level. Like, I'll tag in as 2nd player for whatever my kids what to run through, it's all good.

14 minutes ago, TehStu said:

I've quickly realized this is the perfect game for dipping in and out of with family/friends. If you're low level, you can still do content with your higher level friends. As long as you're careful, it's also a great way to level up faster than you would on your own. Plus, given the whole point is to repeat levels, there's no real downside to doing whatever level. Like, I'll tag in as 2nd player for whatever my kids what to run through, it's all good.

Yes it’s very addictive too as you keep upping the difficulty for the better drops. 

8 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Yes it’s very addictive too as you keep upping the difficulty for the better drops. 

It's definitely satisfying an itch that, years ago, would have me paying for MMOs.

2 hours ago, Dudley said:

Essentially replaced by GamePass.

But I assume it also applies to bought titles.

The problem is, there are some games which are on PC and console game pass which you can continue playing seamlessly and some which you can't. It's quite difficult to tell which are which, at the moment.

I wish they would address or mention the fact that cloud gaming cannot be played on a 2.4ghz connected device. 

I was looking into getting a cheap phone with 5ghz just for cloud but couldn't find one at a low price. 

26 minutes ago, Ry said:

I wish they would address or mention the fact that cloud gaming cannot be played on a 2.4ghz connected device. 

I was looking into getting a cheap phone with 5ghz just for cloud but couldn't find one at a low price. 

How about a tablet? Samsung A7 10.1" is extremely affordable and also capable

I was recommded this: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B072PTK61S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 by a fellow forummer and it's been great so far. Only issue I've had is loss of Bluetooth connection with the controller but that seems to be game-dependent (Dark Souls 3 suffers particularly badly).

I'm probably missing something but does the back compat over Cloud mean I can now remote play the announced games? semi-portable Morrowind and New Vegas could play havoc with my productivity.

3 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

How about a tablet? Samsung A7 10.1" is extremely affordable and also capable

I'm thinking around the £50 range.