Xbox Game Pass

20 hours ago, mikeyl said:

yeah that’s the thing, I know that £5 is like half the minimum wage for an hour, yet here I am, stuck on 13/15 weekly quests and contemplating downloading fucking Payday 2: Crimewave Edition and playing that for an hour or two

Me too. 1000 points.

(I’m not going to do it.)

Just now, Majora said:

Am I right in saying Falconeer was a Series exclusive? Or at least ran at 120fps on Series X or something?

It's on the Bone as well, but yeah, it has a 120FPS mode on the Series X. 

2 minutes ago, deerokus said:

It's a pretty good game, better than the crippled planet coaster port. 

Planet Coaster has such wonky optimising. I find that it's enjoyable and really relaxing as a coaster designer, though. Just go into sandbox mode and build at your leisure with great music.

25 minutes ago, therearerules said:

Has FFX been on gamepass yet? That's the only one I feel I haven't replayed recently.

FFX en FF X-II

FF XIII, XIII-2 en Lightning Returns (360 BC)

These are still to come. 

Been holding off on FF XII for a year so very happy that it is finally here. 

57 minutes ago, Timmo said:

Planet Coaster has such wonky optimising. I find that it's enjoyable and really relaxing as a coaster designer, though. Just go into sandbox mode and build at your leisure with great music.

I can't remember why but I ended up with the soundtrack.  It is fantastic music to work to, not just making coasters.

12 minutes ago, MNFRMTMRRW said:

At launch it was... but how is it now? I believe that I read some articles on significant updates to gameplay.

Oh, I had no idea. I bought it at launch and deleted immediately

39 minutes ago, Takizawa said:

Ghost of a Tale is a really nice little game with a lot of love put in to it, I'm hoping a few might be pleasantly surprised by it.

Well I'm gonna at least try it. Seeing as it's on Gamepass. I will report back.

I noticed they've changed some of the "game pass quests" this month. There's no longer a daily quest for logging into the app, and so the corresponding targets for the number of daily quests is lower in the weekly and monthly quests that ask you to complete other quests, if that makes sense. I think the only material impact on points is you lose the easy 5 points/day, as you still get the same reward for the higher level quests.

Anyway, I thought this month I'd have a go at doing the game-specific quests too, and so downloaded all the relevant games. I got a bunch of points for wandering around a bit in Human Fall Flat before getting annoyed by it. Then I tried Terraria, in which I need to gather 1000 resources (I think) for some more points. I stuck at it as long as I could but eventually gave up in boredom to find I was only 4% of the way to the target, so that's one I won't be hitting!

Finally I had a go on Hunter: Call of the Wild, which I would never usually give a second glance to, but which then soaked up the rest of the evening until 1am(!), on the trail of a black bear. On the way I managed to "bag" (as I believe the experts say) a deer which puts me 80% of the way towards the quest total, and when I get to this bear no doubt it will push me over the target, but I can see myself coming back and playing this a lot. It's just such a lovely chilled out experience, it is literally a walking simulator except you have a bunch of guns and can shoot animals. All the fun of actual hunting (in which I have no interest) without getting cold, wet, mauled by wild animals, shot by Dick Cheney or killing any real creatures.

This to me proves not just the value of game pass but of the quests too. I tried a bunch of games I wouldn't have otherwise done, bounced off a couple and found myself really enjoying another.

I hated every moment of playing theHunter trying to do that quest. It doesn't help that I just wanted it done ASAP and it's not really in the spirit of the game. I did get an achievement for walking loads though. Great. Fuck this game. 

I downloaded them other games ready to play but sounds like I'm just going to delete them. They all sounded easy enough. Most of these challenges tend to be "kill a dozen things" and it takes 20 mins at best, but these all seem harder. 

55 minutes ago, Darren said:

Then I tried Terraria, in which I need to gather 1000 resources (I think) for some more points. I stuck at it as long as I could but eventually gave up in boredom to find I was only 4% of the way to the target, so that's one I won't be hitting!

They've done this one before and I don't remember it taking very long. You just dig down a level or two and then dig horizontally for a bit. You could probably do it with a couple of elastic bands. 

It's also a brilliant game, if you like that sort of thing. I've put more hours than I care to think about into it. 

1 hour ago, Darren said:

Then I tried Terraria, in which I need to gather 1000 resources (I think) for some more points. I stuck at it as long as I could but eventually gave up in boredom to find I was only 4% of the way to the target, so that's one I won't be hitting!

44 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

They've done this one before and I don't remember it taking very long. You just dig down a level or two and then dig horizontally for a bit. You could probably do it with a couple of elastic bands. 

It's also a brilliant game, if you like that sort of thing. I've put more hours than I care to think about into it. 

Yeah it doesn't count wood apparently. Trees seemed easier to harvest but after doing a thousand wood and checking realised I'd have to go back to my underground zombie filled tunnel of mud.

This one took longer than Human Fall Flat or that other one with 15 kills (Greedland....Greedwork...idk) and my GF had a State of Decay game going so I joined and she drove me to 2 plague hearts for that one 

Generally I find there's one weekly quest that involves just booting up the game (this week it's Planet Coaster) and one weekly quest that involves actually doing something in a game (this week it's The Hunter: Call of the Wild). If you're just in it for the Quest Completionist 1000-pointer, you can generally get enough done over the course of the month just by doing the easy one of this pair plus all the standard weekly quests (earn an achievement, play 3 games etc etc). Saves slogging away at something really tedious.

• gospvg pinned this topic
  • gospvg unpinned this topic