Xbox Game Pass

Just now, Mr. Gerbik said:

Well they kinda are achievement points, just a different kind - the kind that's worth MONEY

I know but looking at what you have to do sometimes to get that money.... I know its a hook to keep people playing longer and check into the services regularly but my time is more valuable than that to be fair. I can see the attraction though. Much the same as when achievement points themselves were introduced. Still like those when they pop though an extra element to the game I guess :). Still only have a gamer score of around 20K though despite playing mostly Xbox consoles since the 360. :D 

By doing the weeklies and dailies you get approx £1 of points a week. One of the weeklies will invariably an investment in time but the other is usually just to boot the game. TBH they all stack up, I've got about 40k points at the moment without really chasing the rewards. It's worth handing the daily achievement one in on the Rewards app for 50 points too. I definitely wouldn't deposit hours worth of time chasing the various 50 and 75 points ones but most can be done as a matter of course. Totally get why some can't be arsed though, especially if you have a shitty/capped connection because fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck me some of those games are huge.

I’m fucking sick of chasing rewards and achievements. The anxiety is off the wall, log in on phone, log in on a game, chase some collectible, play a game I don’t really want to play. It’s all admin. An insidious bribe which at best nets me like a fiver off something after 6 months of pure admin grinding. Can’t stop though, will keep chasing. 

1 hour ago, carlospie said:

Just pay yourself a fiver so you don't have to do it?

yeah that’s the thing, I know that £5 is like half the minimum wage for an hour, yet here I am, stuck on 13/15 weekly quests and contemplating downloading fucking Payday 2: Crimewave Edition and playing that for an hour or two

I quite enjoy some of the quests. They make me try some stuff that i wouldn't necessarily have tried otherwise. One notable example from the past year was Neon Abyss. I've ended up putting many hours into that game after downloading it for a quest. I won't tolerate anything that is too much of a timesink if I'm not enjoying it, but over the past couple of months I've used my winnings to buy the latest Tony Hawks, as well as topping up my Gamepass Ultimate sub by another 3 months. 

Classic for me has been Mass Effect Andromeda which was 75 point for killing 15 enemies or something. I loved the original trilogy but I played through the demo originally when it came out and didn't get on with it. Then when it went onto EA Acess I tried it again and got a bit further than the original demo but bounced off it. I thought I'd give it another go because of that challenge and am now 35 hours in and absolutely loving it.

I tried the Madden 2020 quest tonight, played the first two quarters of a game online then requested a friendly exit. My opponent declined. So I quit the usual way lol.

I got the points and promptly uninstalled the game. Far too complicated, I’ll go back to Madden 92 and NFL Blitz.

In the Dashboard settings you can customise what you do and don’t get notifications for, so you can keep achievements on and turn Game Pass quests off (you can turn loads of other things on and off as well). 

I moved my achievement pop ups to the bottom left, the other day. Exciting. 

Can someone provide baby steps to how you access EA Access on PC after subbing to Game Pass Ultimate? Every time I've tried to log into EA Access it only asked me to join.

3 minutes ago, Thor said:

Can someone provide baby steps to how you access EA Access on PC after subbing to Game Pass Ultimate? Every time I've tried to log into EA Access it only asked me to join.

Is it actually out on PC GPU yet? On the Xbox you access the EA games through the GamePass app. I expect it will be the same on the PC.....

Just now, MattyP said:

Is it actually out on PC GPU yet? On the Xbox you access the EA games through the GamePass app. I expect it will be the same on the PC.....

I'm not sure. I thought I it was, but may be mistaken. I just fancy playing Jedi: Fallen Order again.

2 minutes ago, Thor said:

I'm not sure. I thought I it was, but may be mistaken. I just fancy playing Jedi: Fallen Order again.

"Update on EA Play: Coming to Xbox Game Pass for PC in 2021 - Xbox Wire" https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/12/15/update-on-ea-play-xbox-game-pass-for-pc-2021/

Last update said 2021 but no other details since this post. I expect they are still working with EA on it.

1 hour ago, HarryBizzle said:

In the Dashboard settings you can customise what you do and don’t get notifications for, so you can keep achievements on and turn Game Pass quests off (you can turn loads of other things on and off as well). 

I moved my achievement pop ups to the bottom left, the other day. Exciting. 

BOTTOM RIGHT 4 LYF

3 minutes ago, dreamylittledream said:

Yeah it’s not out yet.

March I believe is the new expected date

That's when my gamepass sub expires ... eeehhhh. 

Just now, Thor said:

That's when my gamepass sub expires ... eeehhhh. 

Just spend some reward points on renewing it then.

I’m good until July 22 and aside from the £1 conversion (which did net me about a years sub admittedly) have yet to actually spend any money on Gamepas Ultimate.

Its fairly easy to earn monthly points exceeding the cost of the subscription 

Well the rewards quest led me to Monster Hunter World a game I had no prior knowledge or interest in.  I watched a YouTube vid, which said it would take about an hour to earn the reward, so I decided to give it 10 minutes to see if it was worth the time.  

Upshot I bloody love it.  You are fighting dinosaurs with a fuck off great big sword and it all looks absolutely stunning on the series X.  

Gamepass delivers again.:hat:

Anyone playing / played Deep Rock Galactic?

It's like a cross between Minecraft and Left4Dead, with a decent equipment upgrade system. I'm hopelessly addicted.

So much fun in co-op multiplayer too.

20 hours ago, mikeyl said:

I’m fucking sick of chasing rewards and achievements. The anxiety is off the wall, log in on phone, log in on a game, chase some collectible, play a game I don’t really want to play. It’s all admin. An insidious bribe which at best nets me like a fiver off something after 6 months of pure admin grinding. Can’t stop though, will keep chasing. 

QuarrelsomeBetterDikkops-size_restricted

11 minutes ago, NickC said:

It's like a cross between Minecraft and Left4Dead, with a decent equipment upgrade system. I'm hopelessly addicted.

Yeh I love it. Great style to it 

37 minutes ago, NickC said:

Had the choice of this or Totally reliable delivery service at our Friday night session last night but went with TRDS instead. Looks like we made a mistake, was disappointed with TRDS, will defo try DRG next week. 

• gospvg pinned this topic
  • gospvg unpinned this topic