Xbox Game Pass

33 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

1EDA6016-21EC-461B-88B8-A50FDB855E36.thumb.jpeg.a1e3a930ac5788466bd96f840ecd0361.jpeg

Where the hell is Gangbeasts?

I assume they ran into last minute issues with the publisher and it’s on hold indefinitely?

I hope EA Access still comes to PC this month...

1 minute ago, carlospie said:

Torchlight 2 was great,what happened there

I finished yes your grace last night. Awesome game highly recommend it. 

Runic went bust after they made Hob - the IP got bought up and handed to a new dev who just made a shit game. 

5 hours ago, Simmy said:

Torchlight 3?! Wut? Didn't even know that was out!

there is a thread..its is apparently...shite, like utter mobile shite... :(

if you want summit similar, Grim Dawn is on sale on Steam, the definitive edition is the one to go for! only £17 and will keep you clicking for DAYS!!

Setting up my 12 year old son's account has been like pulling teeth!!

He bought himself a 3 month Game Pass subscription via a prepaid code - but NOT Ultimate which means he doesn't have Gold.  His mother sorted that for him, and she knows as much about Xbox as I do about Downton Abbey.

I wanted to upgrade his subscription to Ultimate and then pay for his subscription monthly from then on but I cannot find a way to do this - I've topped up his Microsoft account with some money, I've logged on as myself on his new console, I've even added my own debit card details as his payment method.  Every time, it just says that it can't send a request to your parent for this.  I trust him completely with content that might not be suitable for him, he's proven his trust so I don't have any issue with him having these details.

It really shouldn't be this difficult to simply upgrade his Game Pass to Ultimate - any advice, please?  My first suggestion was to fuck off his new account and set up a new one, lying about his age but he's already redeemed his 3 month pass which the poor sod has been saving up for!

Aha - thanks, that helped - had to sign in as me on his Xbox, go to Family Settings and change the Xbox Live permissions.

Happy child now has Game Pass Ultimate and when he's at his mum's it might mean I have a new ship mate on Sea of Thieves.

Forcing myself to take a break from Cyberpunk in hopes of a patch that’ll iron out more bugs as it’s getting ridiculous at times, I more or less just blindly selected a game on Gamepass I knew little about. Cross Code looked a bit meh from the screenshots and trailer but halfway through the rather lengthy tutorial I was sold and having finished off the first proper dungeon I’m hooked. Unless the game turns for the worse further in I’m a bit surprised I haven’t heard much talk about this game because I’m finding it refreshingly solid.

Has anyone been able to start the gamerscote challenge thing for reward points?

I was getting an error earlier but now there is no option

2 minutes ago, Ry said:

Has anyone been able to start the gamerscote challenge thing for reward points?

I was getting an error earlier but now there is no option

Things like rewards and the gamepass app shit themselves on days when they change so give it till this evening.

22 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

I’ve unlocked a load of it last night, no problems.

Do you mean the 10000+ challenge or the other things tied to it? I still cant activate it (its totally disappeared now)

2 hours ago, Rayn said:

Forcing myself to take a break from Cyberpunk in hopes of a patch that’ll iron out more bugs as it’s getting ridiculous at times, I more or less just blindly selected a game on Gamepass I knew little about. Cross Code looked a bit meh from the screenshots and trailer but halfway through the rather lengthy tutorial I was sold and having finished off the first proper dungeon I’m hooked. Unless the game turns for the worse further in I’m a bit surprised I haven’t heard much talk about this game because I’m finding it refreshingly solid.

Nope it stays great the whole game

30 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Nope it stays great the whole game

Good news as this ticks a lot of my gaming boxes, it’s like Link to the Past and Alundra had a child that went on to marry Nier Automata and this is the result, loving it to bits. 
Oh and the music is just phenomenal :wub:

41 minutes ago, Rayn said:

Good news as this ticks a lot of my gaming boxes, it’s like Link to the Past and Alundra had a child that went on to marry Nier Automata and this is the result, loving it to bits. 
Oh and the music is just phenomenal :wub:

...and you just sold me on Cross Code. Added to the playlist!

I don't know if this is a widely known thing, but I just did the "buy gold then upgrade" thing, but instead of buying a full-priced month of GPU for a tenner, I just used a 14-day trial code that I had bought from eBay for under 3 quid. It still worked.

1 hour ago, peeveen said:

I don't know if this is a widely known thing, but I just did the "buy gold then upgrade" thing, but instead of buying a full-priced month of GPU for a tenner, I just used a 14-day trial code that I had bought from eBay for under 3 quid. It still worked.

I was thinking about this the other day when I came to renew but chickened out in case I ballsed it up. Glad to hear it works. Maybe we can update the guide in the OP with this info, @Harsin?

We're (Me and the missus) on the last bit of Call of the Sea and its been really enjoyable. Its beautiful in places and is one of the more atmospheric Cthulhu Mythos games I have played. I knows its had mixed reviews but I highly recommend giving it a go if you like underwater mystery, puzzles and the 1930's. 

3 hours ago, Jamie John said:

I was thinking about this the other day when I came to renew but chickened out in case I ballsed it up. Glad to hear it works. Maybe we can update the guide in the OP with this info, @Harsin?

If someone can give some text to use I'll paste it into the OP.

• gospvg pinned this topic
  • gospvg unpinned this topic