Xbox Game Pass

9 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

What's the deal with EA Play - certain games are accessible for any Game Pass subscriber, but you need Ultimate for the newer stuff, like Star Wars. Is that right?

No, newer stuff is behind an EA Play Pro subscription which is only for PC gamers, and is not given for free to Game Pass subs at any tier, and costs £14.99 a month. Perhaps worth it for the occasional month if you just want to play the latest release, but you'd need to be some sort of EA Megafan to have a regular sub.

Games generally are available for all EA Play or GPU subscribers 9-12 months after their original release.

Game Pass Ultimate subs get EA Play on both PC and Xbox. Game Pass PC subs get EA Play for PC. 

https://www.thurrott.com/games/xbox/245075/ea-play-for-game-pass-pc-has-been-delayed

When we originally set out to write this blog post, which would announce the availability of EA Play on PC with Xbox Game Pass, it looked a little bit different. Unfortunately, what had been a celebratory post is now one asking for a little more patience: We made the decision to delay until 2021 the release of EA Play on PC as part of the Xbox Game Pass for PC and Ultimate memberships.

Given how late it was when they announced the delay I can only assume they've discovered some last minute bug/security hole. Disappointing all the same.

my windows game pass app launcher thingy pops an annoying message saying it needs a new app to open this eaconnect.microsoft link all the time now. Wants to look on the Microsoft Store where it finds nothing. Bah!

Anyway, has the Tetris Effect update unlocked VR yet, does anybody know?

as above...  ALien isolation when being devloped did have a VR mode the dev's where playing arround with,  but they never turned it on when the game went live.  The mod basically turns the majority of it on and for me personaly its the only way to play the game now :)

4 hours ago, bear said:

Given how late it was when they announced the delay I can only assume they've discovered some last minute bug/security hole. Disappointing all the same.

More like the EA Desktop app is buggy as hell. Also I think they want to integrate XBL Achievements properly.

13 hours ago, papalazarou said:

as above...  ALien isolation when being devloped did have a VR mode the dev's where playing arround with,  but they never turned it on when the game went live.  The mod basically turns the majority of it on and for me personaly its the only way to play the game now :)

I tried that briefly when it came out, but couldn't handle having my face slammed into the computer terminals when using them. :D I don't suppose that's been tweaked since?

12 minutes ago, Mogster said:

I tried that briefly when it came out, but couldn't handle having my face slammed into the computer terminals when using them. :D I don't suppose that's been tweaked since?

Yeah it’s been tweaked a little since the first version of it while still not 100% perfect when it comes to terminals it is a lot better 

I didn't realise you could play with mods on consoles. Not sure I can justify yet another playthrough though. Or can I?

(sidenote: despite playing 60 hours of Dark Souls 3 since completing it, scenes and events from The Outer Wilds still haunt me in a good way, so I feel like reccomending it in all my posts in here now)

• gospvg pinned this topic
  • gospvg unpinned this topic